What is causing my thread to come out of the takeup lever?

Pat

Thank you all very much. It was generous of all of you to take the time and go to the trouble to write an explanation and take pictures.  I will be extra careful threading my machine from now on, try reverse threading and keep in mind that if all else fails, a new take-up lever may do the trick.

Thank you all and keep healthy.
Pat Kowalczyk

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 6:08 PM Maria Morrow <mariamorrowquilter@...> wrote:
If reverse threading does not help, a new takeup lever may help.  Mine still jumped our other reverse threading.  Then I got a new takeup lever and it stopped happening.

Maria Morrow

On Jan 19, 2021, at 2:23 PM, Virginia via groups.io <Fmjfrazier=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

You have to be sure your thread is in all 4 tensions. The most important is the top under one.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

I'd love to have a good explanation for this too.  My 15000 does this while straight stitching with Aurifil thread and others.

Pat Kowalczyk

Lyn Quine

It’s does this, try the alternate method of threading, thread it from the left handside of the lever, after the tension discs thread goes down round the bend up and under the lever, and thread from left to right, then back down to finish threading.

Pat

I'd love to have a good explanation for this too.  My 15000 does this while straight stitching with Aurifil thread and others.

Pat Kowalczyk

Barb Stone

I am using Madeira's soft metallic thread, have the speed set at 400.