Topics

Horizon 15000 after update.

Pam O'Kane

I had my 15000 updated when the 3.0 update became available.  Also had it serviced at the same time.  I have noticed that when I first power up the machine it seems like it has to “warm” up to go full speed.  This morning was no different, I was in the middle of a seem and it suddenly ramped up to full speed.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Or, does it maybe need to be serviced again?  Don’t want to take it in if it is a effect of the update.

Diane Stutsman

Check the start up speed on the set screen. It may have been set to slow during the update or servicing.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 6, 2018, at 2:00 PM, Pam O'Kane <PKOKANE1@...> wrote:

I had my 15000 updated when the 3.0 update became available.  Also had it serviced at the same time.  I have noticed that when I first power up the machine it seems like it has to “warm” up to go full speed.  This morning was no different, I was in the middle of a seem and it suddenly ramped up to full speed.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Or, does it maybe need to be serviced again?  Don’t want to take it in if it is a effect of the update.

Pam O'Kane

Have checked all that, it is very odd that after about a 1/2 hour to 1 hour the speed resumes normal.  Starts out what seems to be about 1/2 speed when turned on cold.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 6, 2018, at 12:00 PM, Pam O'Kane <PKOKANE1@...> wrote:

I had my 15000 updated when the 3.0 update became available.  Also had it serviced at the same time.  I have noticed that when I first power up the machine it seems like it has to “warm” up to go full speed.  This morning was no different, I was in the middle of a seem and it suddenly ramped up to full speed.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Or, does it maybe need to be serviced again?  Don’t want to take it in if it is a effect of the update.

Virginia

Have not noticed that at all.
Virginia

Check the start up speed on the set screen. It may have been set to slow during the update or servicing.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 6, 2018, at 2:00 PM, Pam O'Kane <PKOKANE1@...> wrote:

I had my 15000 updated when the 3.0 update became available.  Also had it serviced at the same time.  I have noticed that when I first power up the machine it seems like it has to “warm” up to go full speed.  This morning was no different, I was in the middle of a seem and it suddenly ramped up to full speed.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Or, does it maybe need to be serviced again?  Don’t want to take it in if it is a effect of the update.

Judy Jackson

Can’t say I have noticed this since upgrading to Quiltmaker v3.

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 at 00:22, Virginia via Groups.Io <Fmjfrazier=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Have not noticed that at all.
Virginia

Check the start up speed on the set screen. It may have been set to slow during the update or servicing.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 6, 2018, at 2:00 PM, Pam O'Kane <PKOKANE1@...> wrote:

I had my 15000 updated when the 3.0 update became available.  Also had it serviced at the same time.  I have noticed that when I first power up the machine it seems like it has to “warm” up to go full speed.  This morning was no different, I was in the middle of a seem and it suddenly ramped up to full speed.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Or, does it maybe need to be serviced again?  Don’t want to take it in if it is a effect of the update.

Jim Stutsman

This is not a feature of the update. It could be due to the use of a very heavy grease applied during servicing. It's definitely something your dealer should address.