Dime Monster Snap Hoop

CindyP

I just ordered the monster snap hoops for my 550e.  I bought the 8x8 and the 8x12.  Does anyone know if there is any special set up I need to do?  Do I just use the select the regular hoop that is the same size?

Thanks!
Cindy

mah_jongg

Thanks for the great info everyone. Yes, they do make the Dime hoop for the 550e.  It comes in three sizes (depending on machine) and fits machines 500E, 550e, Elna 830, 400e, 450e (from their website).  Do not like hoop rings / burns nor hooping bulky fabric. Link below.

https://www.shop.dzgns.com/collections/designs-in-machine-embroidery-snap-hoop-hooping-systems/products/snap-hoop-monster-janome-1?variant=31063508025413

thanks again,
mahjongg

Virginia

I have been asking DIME to create a hoop for us since the 12000 and it never happened. Sad that Brother seems to get all the attention when we love our Janome machines and prefer them over other brands. VIRGINIA

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

OOPS, I'm sorry just noticed Mah-jongg that you had already said you have the 550e machine.
I only have used the Monster Hoops at a Dime event we had at our shop. We only got to actually practice hooping with them, no embroidery because the size they brought wasn't the size that fit on our 500 machines.
So, what I can say for a fact is that the magnetism is incredibly powerful, can hurt you if you pinch yourself (!) and will surely hold the thickest of fabrics very securely.
I have a friend who embroiders with a Brother machine and she loves her Monster Hoop.
If Dime could make a Monster Hoop for our 15000 I would sure like to have one, but that won't ever happen.
--
Favymtz

favymtz

OOPS, I'm sorry just noticed Mah-jongg that you had already said you have the 550e machine.
I only have used the Monster Hoops at a Dime event we had at our shop. We only got to actually practice hooping with them, no embroidery because the size they brought wasn't the size that fit on our 500 machines.
So, what I can say for a fact is that the magnetism is incredibly powerful, can hurt you if you pinch yourself (!) and will surely hold the thickest of fabrics very securely.
I have a friend who embroiders with a Brother machine and she loves her Monster Hoop.
If Dime could make a Monster Hoop for our 15000 I would sure like to have one, but that won't ever happen.
--
Favymtz

Anne Patrick

I order one for my janome as well . 6 weeks still not in yet . I’m out in Canada mail delivery here is slow . I’m so excited to use it .

favymtz

The hoops are only available for the 500 series of machines.
The hoops are very high quality and get great reviews.
--
Favymtz

mah_jongg

Does anyone have the Dime Monster Snap Hoop? I've posted this a few weeks ago and reposting it again. Want to know first hand experience for using it with a  Janome product. Any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks