whose turn to make the coffee

maggie cooper

Ok then 007, you've whisked me here, so where's the coffee and complimentary cakes, and no I don't want leftover Christmas cake. 
mags

Lynn Cosgrove

😂 - 007 deserves champagne for sorting this so quickly 

Sent from my iPad

On 4 Jan 2018, at 21:09, maggie cooper via Groups.Io <maggiecoops@...> wrote:

Ok then 007, you've whisked me here, so where's the coffee and complimentary cakes, and no I don't want leftover Christmas cake. 
mags

maggie cooper

James and I have an understanding, no in flight alcohol. I must confess I'm regretting slightly not using Groups@io easy transfer, but I decided to go for a completely new group, no email transfers, no photo transfers, no members list transfers, my Yahoo group members have to apply to join the new group. That does several things, it shows only members that genuinely want to learn to digitise make the move, those that unfortunately died since the group started in 2005 but were still listed, don't carry over, those that joined but forgot, and yes all groups have a percentage of those, also don't carry over. I'll know in a few weeks when requests for invites end, my membership will be all those with a genuine desire to learn to digitise.

vicki chrobak

Forget the coffee, pass the wine.  Better yet, scotch!

--
Vicki Jo You can choose to be the Captain of your ship or the swabbie!

cas <cassweet@...>

And DARK chocolate. :-)
Ok, I'll share my dark chocolate brownies....
Cas

maggie cooper

Single malt or blend

maggie cooper

oh no, chocolate brownies, there goes my resistance, I've been so good right through Christmas, no chocolates, no sweets, no cakes, no Christmas pud smothered in brandy cream, no second helpings, no nibbles, and you mention brownies. 

cas <cassweet@...>

You’re welcome.  J

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of maggie cooper via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 2:55 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] whose turn to make the coffee

oh no, chocolate brownies, there goes my resistance, I've been so good right through Christmas, no chocolates, no sweets, no cakes, no Christmas pud smothered in brandy cream, no second helpings, no nibbles, and you mention brownies. 

Jim Stutsman

We had some splendid cake, but when this lot showed up it disappeared immediately. Sorry, but there's nought left, not even a stale tea biscuit! There is a fruitcake left in the cupboard, handed down from the time of the Norman Conquest. So far none have been brave enough to slice it. To make matters even worse, we're out of coffee. The last pot was made using the third pass on the original grounds.

vicki chrobak

Johnny Red!  With water and a slice of lime.:-)

--
Vicki Jo You can choose to be the Captain of your ship or the swabbie!

B Diane Landon <publicaddress@...>

Please where is the group to learn to digitize? I want to join.
B Diane Landon 6600 and S9

Sent from my iPad

saba_cat2

What is the name of the digitizing group?

Deb

On Jan 11, 2018, at 3:43 AM, B Diane Landon <publicaddress@mindspring.com> wrote:

Please where is the group to learn to digitize? I want to join.
B Diane Landon 6600 and S9

Sent from my iPad

maggie cooper

I have answered this privately, I  don't feel it is correct to advertise my group on Jim's group
Maggie Cooper UK.

Jim Stutsman

Maggie you are welcome to advertise here any time! The only people who know as much about Janome's Digitizer software are in Australia, working at Wilcom. Her group is the most selfless one on the Internet, as it is devoted 100% to helping people learn to digitize. I have not mentioned her group, not because of any advertising phobia, but rather because she strives to keep the size of it manageable. She is not compensated for the enormous amount of time that she devotes to it, and she needs to restrict membership to those who are serious, not just curious. Maggie is truly an unsung hero of the Internet.

maggie cooper

James you say the nicest things. 
So with your permission I will take advantage of your offer today.
I run a group for owners of MBX V5, Hatch V1, Embird Studio plug in, those of my members that use the Bernina software thanks to the similarities of the user interface can easily follow along, others who use various brands of software are able to identify similar tools and functions in their software enabling them to also follow along. There are no subscription charges, membership of my group comes with access to my 2 websites where members can download videos to their computers to view and hopefully learn. There are no charges for the videos.  I encourage members to ask questions, and normally upload video answers which are available to all my members, I also encourage other members to offer answers as there are so many ways to achieve what might be eluding a member and also because I learn new wrinkles as well.

My overriding interest is to encourage those who have digitising software to use it for more than just transferring designs, software isn't cheap, though compared to commercial digitising suites, domestic digitising programs are relatively inexpensive, but to use it to simply view designs, transfer designs to a machine, owners of the software are not getting the most from the investment made, and that is what makes it expensive. I cannot make a member a digitiser, only the member can do that, it takes time to acquire the skill sets needed, a willingness to experiment, fail and learn from the failures,  it takes effort and commitment plus a realisation simply clicking a mouse button wont produce a stunning design. All I can do is offer help, support, encouragement and a few W's, What, When, Where, Why, Would, the rest comes from the end user. 

What I do not do, I do not show how to auto digitise, I do not encourage members to sell designs until they demonstrate they are consistently producing designs that demonstrate they have acquired all the various skill sets needed. I do not offer private lessons or critiques, I do not affirm a person's belief they can digitise when they first join the group, if needed I try tactfully to suggest that family, or the lady across the street that wants free designs aren't objective enough. I do not encourage looking at designs under a microscope, if it looks good at arms length that is the closest it should be scrutinised at, and no magnifying glass. I do not or allow others to belittle or attack, members, I do not allow requests to share purchased designs or copy righted images, I do not allow members to advertise their own sales sites or have religious taglines at the end of messages. My group is secular, and non political. I do not allow racist comments, the love of embroidery and sewing transcends borders and ethnicity.

So if after reading this you feel my group could assist you, contact me via an e mail to maggiecoops@... include the e mail address you wish to use, your software, and I will send an invitation to join my unlisted group at groups.io

Thank you Jim,
Maggie Cooper UK aka digimad, mags meandering.

Bryden Shiells

Hello Maggie

I have Embird – all sections except cross stitch....  I have not yet purchased the latest upgrade as it seems there could be a few issues with it.

I would much appreciate access to your advice and tutorials -

Thank you -

Bryden Shiells (Mrs)

Apologies Maggie but using the link you supplied my message bounced twice....