9mm Quilt Binder Set

Cat - N

I was looking on eBay for one of those feet like what I have...that clear, round, 'dished' FMQ/echo quilting foot...for the long arm machine...or at least one that we could maybe 'modify' to use on this long arm quilter...and 'lo and behold'...I found the Janome 9mm Quilt Binder Set being sold here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Janome-9mm-Quilt-Binder-Set/201936448065?epid=915928415&hash=item2f0459aa41:g:9LYAAOSwmOJZ-wBi

SKU: 202211008

with a small USD shipping cost to the USA.  Product description includes the MC 12000 and MC 15000 as machines this foot fits (plus other 9mm machines) and shown the 'correct' Janome PN ("Janome MPN: 202211008").  Cost is still on the pricey side but considerably less than this set is being sold for in the USA, so I thought, since it is a current topic in this group, that I would mention it, in case anyone is interested.  There were several sets available at that time.

"Janome 9mm Quilt Binder Set is suitable for:
"Janome Atelier 5
"Janome MC8200CPQ
"Janome Atelier 7
"Janome MC9900
"Janome MC12000
"Janome MC9400CPQ
"Janome MC8900CPQ
"Janome MC15000"

This is not a recommendation, of course...this is for informational purposes only :-)

Also, there is another quilt binder set at a slightly lesser cost...I seem to recall the description 'says' it is 9mm, but the machines it will fit DO NOT include the MC 15000, so I 'think' the description is incorrect.

- Cat

J Fraker

I watched several videos, and I can see needing some practice to use this thing.  Also, of the ones I watched, joining the binding didn't look that great the way they did it.  Seems like it would be really hard to get nice looking mitered corners, too.  I don't see any way to use double fold binding, which I like to use for durability.  I've had some pretty good results using a bias binder foot.  I sew the binding to the front as usual, fold it to the back, and use the bias binder foot to stitch in the ditch on top.  The bias binder foot has an adjustable plastic flange on the back that keeps the binding in place.

Cat - N

1.  UPDATE regarding the Quilt Binder Set being sold at the link I sent yesterday as "informational purposes only" (in case group members might be interested in this set at the lower price offered):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Janome-9mm-Quilt-Binder-Set/201936448065?epid=915928415&hash=item2f0459aa41:g:9LYAAOSwmOJZ-wBi

....I contacted the UK Seller via eBay, who CONFIRMED (in less than 10 minutes):

eBay

New message from: sewing-machine-sales (25,104TurquoiseShooting Star)

As described it will fit the MC15000, This binder will fit Janome Models which have the "Easy set Bobbin" which the MC15000 has.

2.  UPDATE regarding the difference/discrepancy in Part Numbers:

- shown on the Janome website (202211008), the PN
- shown at the eBay link I posted (202211008), and the PN
- shown on the 9mm 'page' in "FootBook" (202101004) and the PN being
- shown/sold on websites such as Ken's Sewing Center and others (202101004)

After much research, trying to understand the two (2) separate part numbers, THIS link:

http://www.poconosewandvac.com/?e=product&productId=19969&itemcategory=65882&ppId=19624&ptypeId=1164

....'seems' to 'clarify' the PN difference/discrepancy because it:
- shows 202211008 as being THE PN, as indicated for the MC 15000 on the Janome website, and
- shows 202101004 as being an ALTERNATE PN

Please note that:
- the Janome website DOES NOT list the MC 12000 on the Quilt Binder Set (PN 202211008) web page (list copied below or see the Janome website itself), and
- the Janome MC 12000 Product web page lists the Quilt Binder Set among the "Optional Accessories" list, and, when you click on the Quilt Binder Set link, a 'dead' website, as indicated by the "404" (page not found) error message, appears.

Please note also, that this explanation is again "for information purposes only" since I am NOT a 'Janome expert' nor do I claim to be any kind of expert...LOL.

As always, I hope what I have written does not further confuse anyone regarding my intent in sharing the information, and, of course, I would love to know the "official" explanation as to WHY there are two (2) different PN's for what 'appears' to be the same part...LOL

Take care!

- Cat