Topics

15000 upgrade

Sharon Simmons
 

Well, my dealer came through and I got the update!  Yippeeee!  I have a question – in the book with the upgrade kit it says to insert the USB to upgrade Horizon Link Suite to Version 1.3.  I’m not sure what they are talking about and there was no USB in the kit?  On the Janome global site it says there is an upgrade but it’s to Version 1.2.  Thanks for your help.  Sharon

Jim Stutsman
 

A USB drive is only included in kits sold in the UK and Australia. In the US & Canada the dealer notifies Janome when they have upgraded the needle threader on your machine, and then Janome sends you an email with the instructions for downloading the update.

HEATHER COWAN
 

Can we only put the download on one device.  I downloaded the upgrade to my desktop and then tried to install on my laptop and it says the ‘key’ isn’t valid.  I really would prefer it on my laptop but didn’t know it wouldn’t install there.  Any suggestions...
Heather


There is nothing in the Horizon Link Suite update that asks for a key, and it can be installed as many times as needed. However there have been instances of people who attempted to install it and got InstallShield errors along these lines. Some were able to get it working with Janome's help, although one is still waiting for a fix from Janome after 3 suggestions from Tokyo. There are apparently some forms of Windows 10 that this happens with.

Jeana David
 

I got my upgrade last week and the rulers this week. I am a little confused. I had the new shank, usb and all the feet but no threader upgrade. the package said the new shank and feet were to be used only with the new threader. I stilll have the old threader and it all seems to work. My threader has always worked and I am happy with it. I am in the UK .I noticed you said we got a differant package in the UK. Are Janome not offering new threaders in the UK. My dealer has not been told about fitting new threaders. My system seems to work well,I am just anxious that not changing the threader will cause problems. Many thanks Jeana

The confusion over the 15000 upgrade suggests that Janome has forgotten that the Internet exists. Here's a summer of what I've been able to deduce from posts to this list and Facebook:

US & Canada
The needle threader upgrade is free, but the owner must take the machine to the dealer for installation. Some dealers are charging for the upgrade, in spite of Janome's "free" offer. The owner must present the old foot holder and P foot, both of which are replaced along with the threader update. The dealer installs the machine upgrade during the threader update, and is to notify Janome of this. Janome then emails the owner a link to download the update to Horizon Link Suite. Some dealers are not quite clear on this, so some owners have had a bit of a hassle updating their HLS. The upgrade kit (Part #862414018) is sold separately, but is not to be used unless the threader update has been done. It contains only the new feet and the HP needle plate, no USB, no software, and is optional. However the printed instructions in the kit may reference the non-existent USB drive.

UK
The upgrade kit (Part #862414007) contains the new feet and HP needle plate, as well as a USB drive which is used to update the machine. It also contains the Horizon Link Suite update. This same kit also contains the new foot holder and P foot. The owner is instructed to use those and discard the originals. Updating the needle threader is also free, but it requires contacting Janome directly. A courier will be sent to collect the machine and return it and there have been no reports of any charges for this. In the case of machines that have a perfectly working threader, there is no need to get the threader updated. Using the new foot holder and P foot will help to ensure that the threader continues to work.

Australia
The upgrade kit is the same as the UK (Part #862414007), but is sold at a much higher price than the rest of the world, even when taking currency differences into consideration. Owners are encouraged to use the new foot holder and P foot, but a free update to the needle threader is not being offered.

The above information is based on my observations and is not officially from Janome. Your dealer should know the full details for your country, but in the US some dealers who chose not to attend Janome Institute have been completely unaware until a customer begs them to find out. In your case, Jeana, use the parts that came in your kit. Don't feel obligated to get your threader updated so long as it is working perfectly. The technicians at Janome UK will be grateful for one less task on their to-do list!

Sharon Simmons
 

Thank you!  Sharon

 

A USB drive is only included in kits sold in the UK and Australia. In the US & Canada the dealer notifies Janome when they have upgraded the needle threader on your machine, and then Janome sends you an email with the instructions for downloading the update.

Carolyn Gazerro
 

I had my machine upgraded and purchased the quilt kit. The threader worked 50% of the time and finally I was unable to start the sewing machine because of the threader. Would tell me to restart.


After hours of the technician working on the machine he discovered the gears needed adjusting.


So far all is well 100% of the time.


Carolyn 🌹
Sent from my iPad

Fran
 

That’s exactly what happened to me, only it was the same day I picked up my machine. 

Does anyone have a solution to reaching the presser foot lifter? It is not a comfortable position and/or easy to reach while sewing.

You don't like the button on the front of the machine for lifting the presser foot?


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, December 4, 2017, 11:59 PM, Carolyn Gazerro cmgazerro@... [janome12000] wrote:

 

I had my machine upgraded and purchased the quilt kit. The threader worked 50% of the time and finally I was unable to start the sewing machine because of the threader. Would tell me to restart.

After hours of the technician working on the machine he discovered the gears needed adjusting.

So far all is well 100% of the time.

Carolyn 🌹
Sent from my iPad

cas <cassweet@...>
 

I got the upgrade about a week ago and I’m still waiting for the update file for HL Suite.  How long did it take before yours was mailed?

 

My needle threader is working so far.  I haven’t tried embroidery yet.  My last one would often fail when I went to embroidery mode, even if it was the same thread and needle.  I’m hoping this one is better.  It’s working great in sewing mode, every time!

 

I bought the Quiltmaker Update Kit as well.  I already had four of the feet in it, or very similar.  I’ve tried the HP foot and plate and like it so far. I made two quilt blocks which actually turned out the right size.  I guess I sew a better scant ¼” with it.

Kit Contains: : Ruler Work Foot QR, Variable Zigzag Open-toe Foot QZ, 1/4” Seam Foot O (without guide), Darning Foot (Open-toe) PD-H, Embroidery Foot P,  Professional Grade Foot HP, Professional Grade Needle Plate HP, Hook Cover for Professional Grade Needle Plate HP, Presser Foot Holder, Installation/Usage Instructions.

 

I don’t know if the kit was worth the price to me.  To use the HP foot you have to take the foot shank off and use the HP foot instead.  Often when I’m sewing I switch frequently between the straight stitch and regular stitch plate without  the additional step of changing the shank.  Plus, the foot trays out of the tote fit nicely in my ironing desk, and where will I put the new feet?  Lol.  I was able to stack the extra needle plate by placing them back to back.

 

I’m finding surprises all the time on the machine, I guess I should print out the updated pages in the manual.  I saw a whole new section in the apps, wavering stitches or something like that.

 

Jim, is the My 15000 app updated with the Quilt Maker changes? 

 

Cas

Jim Stutsman
 

We have updated FootBook for the new feet in the upgrade, and will be releasing them shortly. We've also added those feet to My 15000, but the videos for Horizon Link Suite will take a while to produce. I don't see them being done before the new year. Both apps will receive content updates soon. App Store updates will take longer, due to Apple review times. I need to try to get my updates in before the end of year shutdown.

Pam Davison
 

You should get the hl suite update link the same day as the upgrade.  Ask your dealer did they let Janome know your machine was upgraded.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: janome12000@... on behalf of 'cas' cassweet@... [janome12000]
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:44:14 AM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: RE: [janome12000] 15000 upgrade
 
 

I got the upgrade about a week ago and I’m still waiting for the update file for HL Suite.  How long did it take before yours was mailed?

 

My needle threader is working so far.  I haven’t tried embroidery yet.  My last one would often fail when I went to embroidery mode, even if it was the same thread and needle.  I’m hoping this one is better.  It’s working great in sewing mode, every time!

 

I bought the Quiltmaker Update Kit as well.  I already had four of the feet in it, or very similar.  I’ve tried the HP foot and plate and like it so far. I made two quilt blocks which actually turned out the right size.  I guess I sew a better scant ¼” with it.

Kit Contains: : Ruler Work Foot QR, Variable Zigzag Open-toe Foot QZ, 1/4” Seam Foot O (without guide), Darning Foot (Open-toe) PD-H, Embroidery Foot P,  Professional Grade Foot HP, Professional Grade Needle Plate HP, Hook Cover for Professional Grade Needle Plate HP, Presser Foot Holder, Installation/Usage Instructions.

 

I don’t know if the kit was worth the price to me.  To use the HP foot you have to take the foot shank off and use the HP foot instead.  Often when I’m sewing I switch frequently between the straight stitch and regular stitch plate without  the additional step of changing the shank.  Plus, the foot trays out of the tote fit nicely in my ironing desk, and where will I put the new feet?  Lol.  I was able to stack the extra needle plate by placing them back to back.

 

I’m finding surprises all the time on the machine, I guess I should print out the updated pages in the manual.  I saw a whole new section in the apps, wavering stitches or something like that.

 

Jim, is the My 15000 app updated with the Quilt Maker changes? 

 

Cas

Fran
 

I do like the button but sometimes you need both hands to control the fabric.......at least I do.....especially when sewing an appliqué.  There are other times which escape me right now. 


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 10:20 AM, Fran fmattice4@... [janome12000] wrote:

 

That’s exactly what happened to me, only it was the same day I picked up my machine. 

Does anyone have a solution to reaching the presser foot lifter? It is not a comfortable position and/or easy to reach while sewing.

You don't like the button on the front of the machine for lifting the presser foot?


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, December 4, 2017, 11:59 PM, Carolyn Gazerro cmgazerro@... [janome12000] wrote:

 

I had my machine upgraded and purchased the quilt kit. The threader worked 50% of the time and finally I was unable to start the sewing machine because of the threader. Would tell me to restart.

After hours of the technician working on the machine he discovered the gears needed adjusting.

So far all is well 100% of the time.

Carolyn 🌹
Sent from my iPad

Carolyn Gazerro
 

The HLS link should be instant when the dealer registers you. I waited two weeks before mentioning it to rep and she admitted she was not sure the original went through...some problems! She registered me while I was at store and the link came through then.


Carolyn 🌹
Sent from my iPad

cas <cassweet@...>
 

That’s great, thanks Jim!

We have updated FootBook for the new feet in the upgrade, and will be releasing them shortly. We've also added those feet to My 15000, but the videos for Horizon Link Suite will take a while to produce. I don't see them being done before the new year. Both apps will receive content updates soon. App Store updates will take longer, due to Apple review times. I

cas <cassweet@...>
 

Glad he got that one fixed.  What gears?

 

 

 

I had my machine upgraded and purchased the quilt kit. The threader worked 50% of the time and finally I was unable to start the sewing machine because of the threader. Would tell me to restart.

After hours of the technician working on the machine he discovered the gears needed adjusting.

So far all is well 100% of the time.

Carolyn 🌹
Sent from my iPad

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>
 

I'm getting a little  confused about update vs upgrade!  It seems like the terms are being used interchangeably, but I thought an upGRADE was something that must be purchased, as opposed to  upDATES which are newer features provided by the machine manufacturers.  My dealer installed the update, which included the needle threader and P foot, and anything else that was included from Janome, but I didn't purchase anything.  I didn't need the extra feet or capabilities.  For some reason, the needle threader is not catching the Isacord thread.  I tried several spools to be sure, and tried RA, which didn't work either.  It seems to work with Superior, but I have very little it.  It worked in the shop, and when I got it home.  I even watched the video again to make sure I threaded it right.  I would just switch brands, but I've accumulated quite a bit of Isacord, and don't want to start a whole new thread collection.  I have quite a collection of Jenny Haskins that came with my 15000 and I was going to sell it because I use polyester, and it's rayon.  Which is more widely recommended for embroidery?  If there are no drawbacks to rayon, and it works, it would be a good solution.  If anyone has any suggestions for getting the threader to work, I'd be just as happy to stick to my Isacord, and not switch to Jenny Haskins.  I've been trying to accumulate more shades of the colors I already have.  I try to order 3 different shades of a color to make sure the colors coordinate.  I have the actual thread sample chart, so I can tell which ones work together best.  I have had 4 Janomes, and almost always the problems are user error, and I'm stumped!  If I can't get it working properly, I guess I can take it to the dealer, but I want to rule out any mistakes I'm making first. Besides, it's so heavy, I rarely take it out of the house.  That's why I bought the S9. Hope someone has some suggestions.  Thanks.  Sue Raabe   sueis.stitches@...

Sherry Guequierre
 

I use the knee lifter to lift the presser foot.

Debbie
 

It may have something to do with your needle size. When I updated, my dealer told me be sure and use a needle size greater than an 11 or I would have to manually thread it. Hope the solution is that simple for you.
Good luck,
Deb

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 5, 2017, at 9:38 PM, Sue Raabe susies.stitches@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

 

I'm getting a little  confused about update vs upgrade!  It seems like the terms are being used interchangeably, but I thought an upGRADE was something that must be purchased, as opposed to  upDATES which are newer features provided by the machine manufacturers.  My dealer installed the update, which included the needle threader and P foot, and anything else that was included from Janome, but I didn't purchase anything.  I didn't need the extra feet or capabilities.  For some reason, the needle threader is not catching the Isacord thread.  I tried several spools to be sure, and tried RA, which didn't work either.  It seems to work with Superior, but I have very little it.  It worked in the shop, and when I got it home.  I even watched the video again to make sure I threaded it right.  I would just switch brands, but I've accumulated quite a bit of Isacord, and don't want to start a whole new thread collection.  I have quite a collection of Jenny Haskins that came with my 15000 and I was going to sell it because I use polyester, and it's rayon.  Which is more widely recommended for embroidery?  If there are no drawbacks to rayon, and it works, it would be a good solution.  If anyone has any suggestions for getting the threader to work, I'd be just as happy to stick to my Isacord, and not switch to Jenny Haskins.  I've been trying to accumulate more shades of the colors I already have.  I try to order 3 different shades of a color to make sure the colors coordinate.  I have the actual thread sample chart, so I can tell which ones work together best.  I have had 4 Janomes, and almost always the problems are user error, and I'm stumped!  If I can't get it working properly, I guess I can take it to the dealer, but I want to rule out any mistakes I'm making first. Besides, it's so heavy, I rarely take it out of the house.  That's why I bought the S9. Hope someone has some suggestions.  Thanks.  Sue Raabe   sueis.stitches@...

Carolyn Gazerro
 

The threading mechanism has gears that allow the threader to go up and down.

Carolyn Gazerro🌹

Deb Keldrauk
 

I'm not quite sure how this topic got into this thread but as for the presser foot lifter being in an odd place. Have you tried the knee lifter? It sounds like that is what you are looking for "an extra hand" I used to use it all the time but now that I have my machine on top of my sewing table (for embroidery) and not inside sometimes I just have to use the button or reach behind.
Deb in CA

cas <cassweet@...>
 

Thanks Carolyn,

I’ll call and remind them …. Again.

Cas

 

 

 

The HLS link should be instant when the dealer registers you. I waited two weeks before mentioning it to rep and she admitted she was not sure the original went through...some problems! She registered me while I was at store and the link came through then.

Carolyn 🌹
Sent from my iPad