MBX 5 Ambience Quilting

Carolyn Gazerro

Hi Jim,

I am attempting to use the Ambience Quilting tool on a .jef file.  When I try to use any of the options the tool generates the pattern over the whole area which includes the design.  I select the whole design before using the tool and the measurements are shown in the tool box.  I have also used the repair program feature with no results.  Probably something simple but I am at a loss.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Hope you had a great Turkey Day!

Carolyn

Jim Stutsman

I haven't used this feature of MBX 5, so I can't offer much help. What I would suggest is that you check out this video from Trevor Conquergood, who is the best source of information on all things related to Janome (and other) digitizing software: https://youtu.be/oRRDFF8yxlc

Carolyn Gazerro

HI Jim,
Thanks for getting back to me. Already checked out the video. Seems like that is what I am doing.

Got a call into Janome tech support. Hopefully they will get back to me Monday.

I used this feature with previous MBX programs for quilting around quilt block designs. Great replacement for free motion stippling. Especially when one is not adept with FMS.

Carolyn Gazerro🌹
Sent from my iPod

Virginia

Carolyn I did mot read your question about ambiance quilting perhaps I can help. Virginia

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

Thanks for getting back to me. Already checked out the video. Seems like that is what I am doing.

Got a call into Janome tech support. Hopefully they will get back to me Monday.

I used this feature with previous MBX programs for quilting around quilt block designs. Great replacement for free motion stippling. Especially when one is not adept with FMS.

Carolyn Gazerro🌹
Sent from my iPod

maggie cooper

When you use a purchased stitch file you must provide V5 with a closed shape in order for the Ambience quilting option to be selected, to provide that closed shape open the Digitising toolbox, select 'digitise closed shape'' then look at the context tool bar above and select 'Line' now follow the outline of the design then when finished hit enter. Highlight the outline  you just created, open the 'Advanced  Digitising' toolbox, if your object has been deselected, select it again and Ambience Quilting will be available to you. Decide which type you want to use, and when it is finished simply delete the closed shape you created.

Ambience Quilting has always required a closed shape to operate ever since it first appeared in the software, I hope this helps you.
Maggie Cooper UK.

Carolyn Gazerro

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I really thought my problem was solved with your suggestion.

I tried your suggestion but I still cannot get the Ambience effect surrounding the design.  Trevor's video suggests    "select all" in the Ambiance Quilting tool where the dimensions show in the tool box.  I would have assumed that was the criteria for the toolbox to generate the effect around the design.  Unfortunately neither his or your suggestion has worked.

Looking forward to Janome tech support's suggestions.  It is probably some little setting that I have to make.

Carolyn

saba_cat2

The MBX V5 ambience quilting worked successfully for me using both a .jan, .emb and .jef file.