15000 update


sue tapp
 

All I keep seeing on here are the problems regarding this update.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a problem?



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.


JudyK B
 

I seem to have the absolute biggest problem known to Janome regarding the software update. The Janome tech has spent hours and I do mean hours (10+) with me and between the two of us we are onto the problem but absolutely no one seems to be able to fix it. The tech is great in every way but the problem is now back on the laps of those in Tokyo for the third time. Yes, the third go round. We have tried everything imaginable that is known to man (except the one that would fix it). It has been several weeks now since my machine was upgraded but alas, I have no Horizon Link software, the original program is gone from my PC and not even the original CD will install for us. This is a registry error and it just gets deeper after that, lol. Sure praying for a resolution soon. The tech did email me today that she now has "customer #2" with this same problem and back to Tokyo again, looking for answers.
 
Judy Biles



On Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:51 PM, "suesewunique suesewunique@... [janome12000]" wrote:


 
All I keep seeing on here are the problems regarding this update.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a problem?



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.



Estelle Torpy
 

I had my 15000 updated and I bought the upgrade package. I went on a quilting retreat last weekend and sewed for hours with out any problems. The needle threader worked every time. 

I used continuous quilting designs with my embroidery unit on a quilt and it worked wonderfully. The quilt was pieced by someone else in the quilt guild and the blocks were pieced, appliquéd and some embellishment but the embroidery machine created great quilting designs in each block.

I did some walking foot quilting and a lot of piecing with the quarter inch foot.

I haven’t tried out Horizon Link Suite yet but I did update it from the file that Janome emailed me after the tech at the shop called them to register my machine as updated.

My tech also said his workbench looked like a snowstorm after cleaning my machine, I did warn him that I had been sewing a lot of flannel recently.

So far I am a happy camper. I do know that there will come a time when I can’t haul the 15000 around but for now I rather sew on it more than my Skyline 7 which is a good machine or my old Pfaff.

Happy stitching,

Estelle


On Oct 12, 2017, at 9:35 AM, suesewunique suesewunique@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:


All I keep seeing on here are the problems regarding this update.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a problem?



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.



Pam Davison
 

I have had my machine updated and no problems so far.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: suesewunique suesewunique@... [janome12000]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:51 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] 15000 update

 

 

All I keep seeing on here are the problems regarding this update.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a problem?

 

 

 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.

 


Nancy Reynolds
 

Judy, are you using the same Computer as before you had the upgrade and is your computer a 32 or 64 bit ?
Nancy


On Thursday, October 12, 2017, 8:33:57 PM EDT, Judy Biles jjbiles@... [janome12000] wrote:


 

I seem to have the absolute biggest problem known to Janome regarding the software update. The Janome tech has spent hours and I do mean hours (10+) with me and between the two of us we are onto the problem but absolutely no one seems to be able to fix it. The tech is great in every way but the problem is now back on the laps of those in Tokyo for the third time. Yes, the third go round. We have tried everything imaginable that is known to man (except the one that would fix it). It has been several weeks now since my machine was upgraded but alas, I have no Horizon Link software, the original program is gone from my PC and not even the original CD will install for us. This is a registry error and it just gets deeper after that, lol. Sure praying for a resolution soon. The tech did email me today that she now has "customer #2" with this same problem and back to Tokyo again, looking for answers.
 
Judy Biles



On Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:51 PM, "suesewunique suesewunique@... [janome12000]" wrote:


 
All I keep seeing on here are the problems regarding this update.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a problem?



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.



JudyK B
 

Yes Nancy, same desktop as original HL was working on. It is 64 bit windows 10 OS.



Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "Nancy Reynolds n.holloway70@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...>
Date: 10/13/17 12:47 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: janome12000@...
Subject: Re: [janome12000] 15000 update

 

Judy, are you using the same Computer as before you had the upgrade and is your computer a 32 or 64 bit ?
Nancy


On Thursday, October 12, 2017, 8:33:57 PM EDT, Judy Biles jjbiles@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:


 

I seem to have the absolute biggest problem known to Janome regarding the software update. The Janome tech has spent hours and I do mean hours (10+) with me and between the two of us we are onto the problem but absolutely no one seems to be able to fix it. The tech is great in every way but the problem is now back on the laps of those in Tokyo for the third time. Yes, the third go round. We have tried everything imaginable that is known to man (except the one that would fix it). It has been several weeks now since my machine was upgraded but alas, I have no Horizon Link software, the original program is gone from my PC and not even the original CD will install for us. This is a registry error and it just gets deeper after that, lol. Sure praying for a resolution soon. The tech did email me today that she now has "customer #2" with this same problem and back to Tokyo again, looking for answers.
 
Judy Biles



On Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:51 PM, "suesewunique suesewunique@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:


 
All I keep seeing on here are the problems regarding this update.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a problem?



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.



Ruth Richter
 

Mine was upgraded/updated Tuesday. I have had no problems. I have not used the new extra feet yet, but the p foot and needle threader work great.

Sent from my iPad


Cathy
 

My machine was not properly upgraded.  The needle threader was not replaced to the new one with the two rivets and I was not given a new P foot.  That is why the needle threader did not work.  This has now been resolved.


On Oct 13, 2017, at 2:25 PM, Ruth Richter rrichter1@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Mine was upgraded/updated Tuesday. I have had no problems. I have not used the new extra feet yet, but the p foot and needle threader work great.

Sent from my iPad



Maria Morrow <mariamorrowquilter@...>
 

Hello Estelle,

My update has caused my machine to lock up.  Do you think I can have your dealer’s name and number to give to my dealer?  Even calling Janome does not always result in connecting to someone who knows what to do.    If you want to ask your dealer, I’d appreciate it.  My dealer is All About Sewing (David) in Harahan, Louisiana.  If your dealer is willing, you can mention who might call him.  

Thank you.

Maria Morrow



On Oct 12, 2017, at 6:50 PM, Estelle Torpy emtorpy@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I had my 15000 updated and I bought the upgrade package. I went on a quilting retreat last weekend and sewed for hours with out any problems. The needle threader worked every time. 


I used continuous quilting designs with my embroidery unit on a quilt and it worked wonderfully. The quilt was pieced by someone else in the quilt guild and the blocks were pieced, appliquéd and some embellishment but the embroidery machine created great quilting designs in each block.

I did some walking foot quilting and a lot of piecing with the quarter inch foot.

I haven’t tried out Horizon Link Suite yet but I did update it from the file that Janome emailed me after the tech at the shop called them to register my machine as updated.

My tech also said his workbench looked like a snowstorm after cleaning my machine, I did warn him that I had been sewing a lot of flannel recently.

So far I am a happy camper. I do know that there will come a time when I can’t haul the 15000 around but for now I rather sew on it more than my Skyline 7 which is a good machine or my old Pfaff.

Happy stitching,

Estelle


On Oct 12, 2017, at 9:35 AM, suesewunique suesewunique@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:


All I keep seeing on here are the problems regarding this update.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a problem?



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.