Topics

Horizon Link Suite

Sheila Cheatham

I had my MC 15000 updated to Quilt Maker, added the new shank, and threader. Now I am trying to update Horizon Link Suite to V1.31. I keep getting the following error message--"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel." Does the Horizon Link Suite 1.2 need to be deleted before running the update? Normally this is not needed for an update. Has anyone else had the same problem? What action did you take to resolve this? Thank for any help. Sheila Sent from my iPad

Perhaps the first thing to do would be to see what version you currently have installed. Open Horizon Link Suite and click the icon in the top left corner of the window. From the menu that pops up click "About". This will reveal the version. If it is 1.31 then you have already installed the update. If it is something else you may need to uninstall Horizon Link Suite, then install it from CD, then finally install the update.

Judith Wika

I had the same message. I haven’t gotten it figured out yet. I didn’t get a CD so I can’t uninstall the program.

Sent from my iPhone
Judie Wika

On Oct 8, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Sheila Cheatham sac2335@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Karen Cone

I have the MC 15000 brought it in for service yesterday.  I asked about the Upgrade for Quilt Maker Accessory Kit.  I was told it's $499.00!  I went online and I see the Kit is $149.00.  I must be missing something?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Karen C

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 8, 2017, at 7:50 PM, Judith Wika judith.wika@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Ruth Callachor

Karen,
If you are in Australia the  Upgrade is $499.00 and you do it yourself. You get a USB with the machine update, the Box with all the new feet and cover plate plus another USB with the Horizon Link Suite 3.0
Ruth

Maria Morrow

I called Janome over a week ago for the same thing—the code to reinstall the software. They must be swamped because I have gotten better service in the past.

Keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 8, 2017, at 9:50 PM, Judith Wika judith.wika@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Pru Joy

Hi Karen,

I live in Australia, the price for the do it yourself quilt maker upgrade kit is $499 here, you install it all yourself!  I was also dismayed to see that the same new parts & quilt maker feet only cost $149 in the U.S.  But we can’t buy the u.s. kit as it does not include the software upgrade, u.s. dealers are doing that for their 15000 customers for free.  In Australia there is a USB stick with the software included in the kit that you install yourself.  I decided it was too much of a rip off so I didn’t purchase it.

Pru
Albury, Australia

Sheila Cheatham

I didn’t get a CD either. Contacted the email address at the bottom of email with update links. Waiting to hear.

My dealer wanted to charge $200 and I asked about the information on Facebook stating the cost is $149. They said it was an introductory (special) price but would get it to me since I asked. Maybe say something to you dealer.

Sent from my iPad