Anyone have problem with the update for the 15000?


babsaroo
 

I have had my 1500 updated with the new needle threader.  It worked fine.  I used the embroidery unit yesterday and now when I go back to regular sewing, it seems to be jammed and the machine vibrates when I turn it on?


Has anyone had that problem?

Is there a "home remedy"?


Barb in NC


Check for something caught in the carriage that prevents it from moving. Other than that there is no "home remedy", as the covers will likely need to come off. Sorry to say it is probably dealer time.


Cathy
 

I just had my machine updated to the 3.0 with the new needle threader.  The needle threader worked fine at the store, but now doesn’t  work, even with a size 14 needle.   I had problems in the past with the needle threader and it was fixed.  I am not please with the new update.

Cathy


On Oct 8, 2017, at 11:29 AM, babsaroonc@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:


I have had my 1500 updated with the new needle threader.  It worked fine.  I used the embroidery unit yesterday and now when I go back to regular sewing, it seems to be jammed and the machine vibrates when I turn it on?


Has anyone had that problem?

Is there a "home remedy"?


Barb in NC


Check for something caught in the carriage that prevents it from moving. Other than that there is no "home remedy", as the covers will likely need to come off. Sorry to say it is probably dealer time.




cas <cassweet@...>
 

Mine made a horrible struggling sound when turned it back on after I forgot to park the hoop before shutting it off.  Now I always try to remember to park the hoop and close the embroidery unit before I shut it off.

Cas

 

 

I have had my 1500 updated with the new needle threader.  It worked fine.  I used the embroidery unit yesterday and now when I go back to regular sewing, it seems to be jammed and the machine vibrates when I turn it on?

 

Has anyone had that problem?

Is there a "home remedy"?

 

Barb in NC


babsaroo
 

Took the machine in to be repaired. Looks like it is a problem with the update because the machine was a version 1. I bought it when they first came out and only did one update. I guess there were special instructions for starting at level 1 and they didn’t get noticed. Once I used the embroidery unit it stopped working. Software will be reinstalled and hopefully I will get it tomorrow. 


Maria Morrow <mariamorrowquilter@...>
 

Same story for me. It worked at the dealer and quit about the third time at home. I let it sit a few days and today tried it again. This time it made horrible sounds and vibrations and just got stuck. A message said “raise needle and turn machine off and back on. I did it theee times and nothing helped. Wish I had not gotten the “update” either. Janome has “a lot of splainin” to do.   

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 8, 2017, at 10:24 PM, Cathy Hoodikoff hilchey3@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

 

I just had my machine updated to the 3.0 with the new needle threader.  The needle threader worked fine at the store, but now doesn’t  work, even with a size 14 needle.   I had problems in the past with the needle threader and it was fixed.  I am not please with the new update.


Cathy


On Oct 8, 2017, at 11:29 AM, babsaroonc@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:


I have had my 1500 updated with the new needle threader.  It worked fine.  I used the embroidery unit yesterday and now when I go back to regular sewing, it seems to be jammed and the machine vibrates when I turn it on?


Has anyone had that problem?

Is there a "home remedy"?


Barb in NC


Check for something caught in the carriage that prevents it from moving. Other than that there is no "home remedy", as the covers will likely need to come off. Sorry to say it is probably dealer time.




Judith Wika
 

That happens here too. After the vibration it sometimes works. If I use it soon after it usually behaves doesn’t complain and works. 

Sent from my iPhone
Judie Wika

On Oct 11, 2017, at 8:55 PM, Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

 

Same story for me. It worked at the dealer and quit about the third time at home. I let it sit a few days and today tried it again. This time it made horrible sounds and vibrations and just got stuck. A message said “raise needle and turn machine off and back on. I did it theee times and nothing helped. Wish I had not gotten the “update” either. Janome has “a lot of splainin” to do.   

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 8, 2017, at 10:24 PM, Cathy Hoodikoff hilchey3@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

 

I just had my machine updated to the 3.0 with the new needle threader.  The needle threader worked fine at the store, but now doesn’t  work, even with a size 14 needle.   I had problems in the past with the needle threader and it was fixed.  I am not please with the new update.


Cathy


On Oct 8, 2017, at 11:29 AM, babsaroonc@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:


I have had my 1500 updated with the new needle threader.  It worked fine.  I used the embroidery unit yesterday and now when I go back to regular sewing, it seems to be jammed and the machine vibrates when I turn it on?


Has anyone had that problem?

Is there a "home remedy"?


Barb in NC


Check for something caught in the carriage that prevents it from moving. Other than that there is no "home remedy", as the covers will likely need to come off. Sorry to say it is probably dealer time.




cas <cassweet@...>
 

Thanks for sharing with us.  I hope more people let us know how it’s going.  My dealer hasn’t gotten the parts yet, so I’m still waiting.  My old needle threader is still working, but I had to take it to the shop several times before they fixed it. 

Cas


Barb Engvall
 

Mine is just coming back to the store from the repair shop and they will do the update on Monday and I will pick it up on Wednesday. Based on some of these reports I think I will take the embroidery unit with me to make sure that it works ok since I am 2 hours over a now snowy mountain pass to get back to them! Appreciate the feedback!

On Oct 12, 2017, at 10:28 AM, 'cas' cassweet@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:


Thanks for sharing with us.  I hope more people let us know how it’s going.  My dealer hasn’t gotten the parts yet, so I’m still waiting.  My old needle threader is still working, but I had to take it to the shop several times before they fixed it.  

Cas




Anne Parker
 

I'm beginning to think I won't bother with the update - haven't actually installed the one for couching either.  What benefit does this upgrade give you?

I'm probably only really thinking about it as my machine is in storage, and given the hic-cups we have had with our house sale it is seriously likely that I won't get it unpacked again until about March next year.

I have no real problem with the needle threader. Only very occasionally it hasn't worked, and that has been as far as I can remember when I have changed needle.  I guess it puts you off changing the needle, but that is the only glitch.  It works perfectly and does all I want it to do - so - can people tell me what benefits the upgrade has given you that you actually use?  Is the upgrade worth the cost of paying for it?

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94302460@N03/sets/

"With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." Max Ehrmann


Cheryl Paul
 

I had my 15000 updated about 2 weeks ago. I haven’t given it a real work over yet, but did try out the HP system and that works really well. I will do some embroidery after a big event I’m going to at the end of this next week. I don’t have time before I get back home a week from Sunday. The sewing is great and the needle threader is wonderful, since I didn’t have a functioning one before from right out of the box 4 years ago.


Cheryl - Saskatoon