Basting

J Fraker

I watched a video on homemade quilt basting spray today.  Simple ingredients.  It has some good reviews, so I'm going to give it a try.

From: "Lynnmuir lynnmuir@... [janome12000]"
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Basting

Thanks for info can you tell where you found instructions on Diane's video thanks in advance Lynn

Sent from my iPad

It's shown in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDJDfDRq_Q) at about 8:25. You may want to watch the videos prior to this one to get the full context.

On 3 Oct 2017, at 10:43 PM, cjancola@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Someone mentioned basting a quilt here and I thought I add this:  I just completed a queen/full size quilt (with Cuddle on the back and batting so it weighed a lot) and used a technique I saw Diane use in one of the Quilt in the Hoop videos.  She thread basted it.  Not only did it work wonderfully for me- no pins which are difficult to open and close, and who love to stick me, but it was fast, very fast to do.  The only thing I wished I did was plan the basting areas but it turned out fine because you can just clip the threads anywhere and it works!  I used 12 wt thread and that worked well but lesser weight thread should also work.  I tried lesser but just preferred the heavy weight as it was so easy to handle.  And I used one of those needles with the pop in top.  That made the whole process go quickly too.
Ceil

lynn muir

[...]

Ceil J