Basting

J Fraker

I watched a video on homemade quilt basting spray today.  Simple ingredients.  It has some good reviews, so I'm going to give it a try.

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Basting

Thanks for info can you tell where you found instructions on Diane's video thanks in advance Lynn

Sent from my iPad

It's shown in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDJDfDRq_Q) at about 8:25. You may want to watch the videos prior to this one to get the full context.

On 3 Oct 2017, at 10:43 PM, cjancola@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Someone mentioned basting a quilt here and I thought I add this:  I just completed a queen/full size quilt (with Cuddle on the back and batting so it weighed a lot) and used a technique I saw Diane use in one of the Quilt in the Hoop videos.  She thread basted it.  Not only did it work wonderfully for me- no pins which are difficult to open and close, and who love to stick me, but it was fast, very fast to do.  The only thing I wished I did was plan the basting areas but it turned out fine because you can just clip the threads anywhere and it works!  I used 12 wt thread and that worked well but lesser weight thread should also work.  I tried lesser but just preferred the heavy weight as it was so easy to handle.  And I used one of those needles with the pop in top.  That made the whole process go quickly too.
Ceil

lynn muir

Thanks for info can you tell where you found instructions on Diane's video thanks in advance Lynn

Sent from my iPad

It's shown in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDJDfDRq_Q) at about 8:25. You may want to watch the videos prior to this one to get the full context.

On 3 Oct 2017, at 10:43 PM, cjancola@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Someone mentioned basting a quilt here and I thought I add this:  I just completed a queen/full size quilt (with Cuddle on the back and batting so it weighed a lot) and used a technique I saw Diane use in one of the Quilt in the Hoop videos.  She thread basted it.  Not only did it work wonderfully for me- no pins which are difficult to open and close, and who love to stick me, but it was fast, very fast to do.  The only thing I wished I did was plan the basting areas but it turned out fine because you can just clip the threads anywhere and it works!  I used 12 wt thread and that worked well but lesser weight thread should also work.  I tried lesser but just preferred the heavy weight as it was so easy to handle.  And I used one of those needles with the pop in top.  That made the whole process go quickly too.
Ceil

Ceil J

Ceil