15000 update

Monika <monika.murnane@...>

Has anyone got the upgrade yet? Wondering how the new needle threader is working. Monika

Sent from my iPhone

.

Anne Parker

Thanks for that info Betty.

My machine is currently packed and stored at my step-daughters in Nottingham while we move to Wales - though as our chain has just collapsed we have no idea when we will be moving, though our buyers are still keen.

I will get in touch with Janome regarding what I should do.  Did you contact them or did your dealer contact you to advise.  I haven't heard anything from Janome or the dealer I am registered with.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." Max Ehrmann

Estelle Torpy

Hi Monika,

Took my 15000 to the shop Tuesday for the update and hoping to get it back tomorrow. My dealer here in Colorado charged $149.99 plus tax (another $13.64). This dealer also sells Babylock and Bernina machines and they are having new updates installed on their top of the line machines too, so the service guy is really slammed right now. I am impressed that I can have mine back in 4 days.

I will post after I check it all out. I am working on a quilt where I am using decorative stitches in a circle pattern and one of the new features is the ability to have the software space out the designs evenly in a circle, wahoo!

Estelle

PS My needle threader worked okay, so I don’t know that I could tell any difference with a new one.

On Sep 20, 2017, at 9:56 PM, Monika monika.murnane@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Has anyone got the upgrade yet? Wondering how the new needle threader is working. Monika

Sent from my iPhone

.

Betty Scott

Anne

The update kit came from my local dealer so perhaps you should get in touch with your dealer.

Sorry your house move is not going smoothly.

Betty

Ceil J

Took mine to my wonderful dealer today!  While I was there he updated the machine with the software, new feet, and needle threader which he checked many time to ensure that it worked.  The update was free and he said he didn't understand why dealers would charge for it but it's up to the dealer, not Janome on this issue as apparently Janome can't set the rates for service.
Also got my upgrade kit at $135. (no tax as my dealer is in New Hampshire).  He's one of the top dealers in the country and has 71 update kits!
He is such a great dealer.  I said I was interested in getting the binding foot (big, expensive one) in the future and he said to call him first (I said probably in the spring) so that he could make sure the woman was there who can give me a 45-minute lesson on how to use it.  Free lessons for life.
I'm sharing all this to show what a dealer can and should be like.  He's a great guy and gives wonderful advice.

Cynthia Dickerson

I just purchased the 15,000 Memory Quilt machine with the new software and the new needle threader.  It works great but it has only been three days.  I love this new machine and you will love the upgrades!!!

Do you sew?  Please visit my blog at www.cynsew.com for tutorials.

JudyK B

You are so blessed to have such a wonderful dealer at your fingertips; alas, wish more of them were like that.

After having my 15000 to the dealer and their part done, I am now unable to install the Horizonlink software update as I keep getting error message “Error 1402. Could not open key: UNKNOWN32\Janome.Stitch.Format\shell\Open\command.  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.”

I have turned off windows firewall, turned off antivirus, tried multiple things and 2 hours later I still get the same message. Send an email to Janome support but still waiting to hear.

Judy Biles

cas <cassweet@...>

Can you tell us more about the threader?  Is it still an automatic one?  Does it seem to work the same way?

Cas

[...]

Cas,
If I wasn't right there when my dealer replaced the threader, I would not know the difference.  That said, I never had a problem with the old threader and my dealer felt that most had no problem either( in his experience.)  But he does a great job of making sure that things work well and adjusting them correctly if they don't!  I probably wouldn't notice the difference in the J foot (it has a slant) and the ankle either; but they are definitely different.

Judi Rutherford

My 15000 is updated! I dropped it off at my Central Florida dealer Monday (9/18) and picked it up Tuesday (9/19) afternoon. When i picked up the machine he walked me through the new feet and changes. We talked about the HP plate and foot and the ruler foot. Dealer thought it would take a day of playing to get to know the changes. They have changed the screens a little so he gave me a quick tour. When we brought it home hubby set it on the sewing table and there it still sits untouched.

I taught an all day class at my guild Wednesday and today I had a few things scheduled. Tonight I started cleaning up the sewing room so tomorrow I can play!

I will report back after I try some of the new things.

Judi

Virginia

What central florida dealer do you
Go to Judi?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

My 15000 is updated! I dropped it off at my Central Florida dealer Monday (9/18) and picked it up Tuesday (9/19) afternoon. When i picked up the machine he walked me through the new feet and changes. We talked about the HP plate and foot and the ruler foot. Dealer thought it would take a day of playing to get to know the changes. They have changed the screens a little so he gave me a quick tour. When we brought it home hubby set it on the sewing table and there it still sits untouched.

I taught an all day class at my guild Wednesday and today I had a few things scheduled. Tonight I started cleaning up the sewing room so tomorrow I can play!

I will report back after I try some of the new things.

Judi

helencreamore@...

I look forward to hearing what you think!

Sent from my iPad

[...]

Ok, thanks.  Since the last time I had mine repaired it has kept working. I had it over there at least three times prior to that.   I often have to reseat the needle, but it works.  I thought maybe I was a test subject for a new threader since I did give him a part number that a friend gave me from her dealer when she had hers fixed, but I guess not since it comes with different ankle and foot.

Any idea why the J foot has a slant?

I wonder if the new threader comes with any type of warranty, or would it just be the original warranty on the machine?  You know the old saying, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

Cas