I’m back

qunbexhpw7fgmfi43qabhzqpffih6hrrocsxgmsk@...

I know you haven’t missed me, because I have only posted a couple of time.

I missed you.

But, I’m back. 

Hurricane Irma put me out.

No electricity etc.

Really missed this group.

Karen

MarieD

I'm glad you're up and running again.

Marie

-----Original Message-----
From: qunbexhpw7fgmfi43qabhzqpffih6hrrocsxgmsk@... [janome12000]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:07 AM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] I’m back

No electricity etc.

Jill Kenyon <jpkenyon@...>

Me, too!   And pray any damage was minimal.

Jill

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:58 AM 'MarieD' vze2c6r5@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I'm glad you're up and running again.

Marie

-----Original Message-----
From: qunbexhpw7fgmfi43qabhzqpffih6hrrocsxgmsk@... [janome12000]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:07 AM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] I’m back

No electricity etc.

--
 Write your sorrows in sand . . . .  your blessings in stone.

Cat - N

I am glad you are 'back'...I live in Florida...saw Hurricane Irma up close and personal...very glad you are okay and back online.  Electricity and services are really nice to have...LOL

- Cat (FL)

cas <cassweet@...>

Yes, welcome back Karen, glad you’re ok.

Cas

Patricia Ward

Hi Karen,
Glad you are safe and could make it back to our group.  

Pat in MD

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 9:07 AM, qunbexhpw7fgmfi43qabhzqpffih6hrrocsxgmsk@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I know you haven’t missed me, because I have only posted a couple of time.

I missed you.

But, I’m back. 

No electricity etc.

Karen

Roberta K

Hi Cat

I fogot you live you live on the west side. I hope you did not have damage or flooding. I live between Jacksonville and Lake City. While I live in an area that is pretty high ground, many others around here were not so fortunate, with low lying ground near the St. Mary's River. Many live on dirt roads that became unpassable and so were stranded for a while. We only had our power down for one day.

Roberta in Fl

Cat - N

Hi, Roberta.  Yes, I live about 40 miles from the west coast and about 60 from the east coast so, like the rest of the peninsula, the storm came over us.  It's winds were about 20 mph less by the time it got here, and the power went out before the storm hit, but there was plenty of impact for a lot of people, what with flooding, sink holes, damage to their homes, downed trees, and such.  We truly lucked out and got more of the 'lulls' in the bands than we did of the 'dirty' bands. We had lots of tree limbs, large and small, and plenty of the much smaller tree debris to pick up.  We don't flood here...we are high (for FL) and have great drainage. We are still cleaning it all up and getting it piled up and ready for pick up.  We had no damage to the house, lost our power but had a generator, so had internet and hurricane TV again immediately after the storm.  There was no gasoline in town...so many evacuees...for several days, so had to use the generator very sparingly.  We got power back amazingly quickly, all things considered...some are still without power here.  Then the internet, TV, and house phone went down, but Centurylink had a tech out to fix it about 6 hours after I called and reported it.  I credit the huge granddaddy oak trees that surround us for protecting this 'old' house, as they have done with all of the previous storms and hurricanes.  We didn't board up or evac, but I did repeatedly walk the yard and pick up any 'stick' that 'might' be able to damage a window when thrown by high winds, and it paid off.  We had Spanish Moss covering the windows...looked like a 'spider farm' had been smashed against the front side of the house...LOL...lots of sweeping it off the windows, doors, and etc....and the moss I couldn't reach with the broom fell off once it dried out, but no damage.  The biggest limb came down about 10-15 feet from the house.

Needless to say, my machines were not turned on for about a week before the hurricane, and I still haven't turned them on...first I don't trust power during that kind of thing, UPS or not, plus we were just too busy getting ready for the storm then the cleanup.  I have so much sewing and embroidery to do and am so far behind, so I am hoping to spend a lot of time next week 'communing' with the machines...LOL

Are you going to QuiltFest?  We are going on Saturday with friends.  My dealer will be there and I am anxious to talk to them about the update for the 15000.  Should be fun...I am looking forward to it.

I hope you had no damage as well...such a big, bad storm!

- Cat

Roberta K

Cat:

Yes! I did go to quiltfest on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Janome dealer was there and I took the plunge and bought a 500E. My favorite quilt was one that looked like it was done with machine embroidery. It was a Japanese geisha surrounded by gorgeous stitching around her.

I am happy to hear that you, your family and home came through the hurricane ok.

Roberta in FL

marjackpot@yahoo.com

I was there Sat. too, really a great show and some of the quilts were breathtaking.  The thing that surprised me about me was that I wondered the vender isles for several hours and only bought 1 panel and a spool of hand quilting thread.  i guess that means I have everything I need for awhile.LOL

You will love the 500,  I have the 400 and this is my 7th either embroidery or embroidery/combo Janome machines and this is the best one yet. Enjoy

Marge in Fl.

Cat - N

No kidding, Marge, you were in Jax on Saturday, too...very interesting.  I did the same as you, but only bought two packages of 10" squares of Wilmington "Icing On The Cake" Batiks and a Clover roller, hubby bought yet another rotary cutter, and my friend bought a pillow kit and a needle punch kit.  Very interesting that several of us in FL were there at the same time...not so surprising that we all had a great time...LOL

- Cat