-------- Original message --------
From "Connie Strittmatter sewpicky1@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...>
Date: 21/08/2017 4:57 PM (GMT+00:00)
To janome12000@...
Subject [janome12000] Quarter inch seam

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000?  I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

Susan Kime

Sorry read this wrong thought you were talking about the cutting machine that Janome sell in the USA and not in the UK. Have seen the Accuquilt on Create and craft seems a lovely machine but the investment in all those different size dies is quilt an outlay. Although I quilt I do not do alot so Scann cut seemed a better investment for me.

Sent from Samsung tablet

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000?  I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

Cheryl Paul

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000? I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

Connie,  I think you want to do the update and then you should have your solution.  Check with your dealer for details - hopefully they attended Janome Institute to have the latest information.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Lylian Jettar

Connie,  just use the O foot for the 1/4 inch. I use my Accuquilt dies to cut different patterns and this foot works well with them.

On 22/08/2017 8:31 PM, "Cheryl Paul capaul@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000? I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

Connie,  I think you want to do the update and then you should have your solution.  Check with your dealer for details - hopefully they attended Janome Institute to have the latest information.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

bigmary@...

I have the Elna equivelent to the Janome 12000. I swear by the Cloth Guide - the most helpful invention since sliced bread <lol> !!

I am sure the 15000 also includes the Cloth Guide!

Mary A Rease - bigmary@...
Rease's Realistic Designs
http://www.oregonpatchworks.com/collections.php?id=RRD

Connie

Do you use the Patchwork setting?

On August 22, 2017 at 7:14 AM "Lylian Jettar lyls868@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

Connie,  just use the O foot for the 1/4 inch. I use my Accuquilt dies to cut different patterns and this foot works well with them.

On 22/08/2017 8:31 PM, "Cheryl Paul capaul@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000? I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

Connie,  I think you want to do the update and then you should have your solution.  Check with your dealer for details - hopefully they attended Janome Institute to have the latest information.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Virginia

I have the scan and cut however I have been using the accuquilt to cut applique for 3 baby quilts and it is not an easy task. You are limited to one cut at a time and if you want to iron fusible cutting one leaf or small piece is a real pain. With the scan and cut you have a 12x12 mat or 12x24 mat to cut numerous pieces. Given the choice the Brother Scan and cut is a much better choice and Brother offers a free on line software called Canvas.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

Sorry read this wrong thought you were talking about the cutting machine that Janome sell in the USA and not in the UK. Have seen the Accuquilt on Create and craft seems a lovely machine but the investment in all those different size dies is quilt an outlay. Although I quilt I do not do alot so Scann cut seemed a better investment for me.

Sent from Samsung tablet

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000?  I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

Cat - N

‎Yes, the 15000 has the Cloth Guide, and so does the 11000, and it works beautifully on both of my machines.   You can set it to 1/4" or just a scooch less.  I use a hem gauge to verify .

- Cat

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10.
Warning:  The foregoing message is likely a combination of what I meant to say and words the nice machine liked better.

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:34 AM, ‎bigmary@... wrote:

I have the Elna equivelent to the Janome 12000. I swear by the Cloth Guide - the most helpful invention since sliced bread !!

I am sure the 15000 also includes the Cloth Guide!

Mary A Rease <bigmary@...>

I have the 11000 also and used the Cloth Guide on it - LOVED it!! This is the main reason I bought the elna when it came up for sale on SewItsForSale. The 11000 is starting to decide not to turn on every time. Bummer !!! I love it but not sure about if it is worth the price of repair. I bought it when they first came out.

Mary

On 8/22/2017 10:01 AM, Cat - N navillusc@... [janome12000] wrote:

‎Yes, the 15000 has the Cloth Guide, and so does the 11000, and it works beautifully on both of my machines.   You can set it to 1/4" or just a scooch less.  I use a hem gauge to verify .

- Cat

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10.
Warning:  The foregoing message is likely a combination of what I meant to say and words the nice machine liked better.

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:34 AM, ‎bigmary@... wrote:

I have the Elna equivelent to the Janome 12000. I swear by the Cloth Guide - the most helpful invention since sliced bread !!

I am sure the 15000 also includes the Cloth Guide!
Mary

Posted by: Cat - N

cas <cassweet@...>

Connie,

I go to the apps, select Patchwork.  I move the top setting to 9 and use the straight stitch plate and O foot.  This gives me an exact ¼”

I also change the lower setting because I think 1.8 is too tight, but maybe some people like their seams that tight.  I like 2.2 or 2.4 since I typically do a lot of seam ripping.

Cas

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000?  I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

Linda <lindamrobertson7@...>

DITTO

I go to the apps, select Patchwork.  I move the top setting to 9 and use the straight stitch plate and O foot.  This gives me an exact ¼”

I also change the lower setting because I think 1.8 is too tight, but maybe some people like their seams that tight.  I like 2.2 or 2.4 since I typically do a lot of seam ripping.

Cas

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000?  I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

Connie

I didn't think the needle position could be moved when the straight stitch plate is being used.  We can???

On August 22, 2017 at 1:06 PM "'cas' cassweet@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

Connie,

I go to the apps, select Patchwork.  I move the top setting to 9 and use the straight stitch plate and O foot.  This gives me an exact ¼”

I also change the lower setting because I think 1.8 is too tight, but maybe some people like their seams that tight.  I like 2.2 or 2.4 since I typically do a lot of seam ripping.

Cas

What is the preferred method for sewing accurate quarter inch seam allowance on the 15000?  I just purchased the Accuquilt cutting machine and I want to try out a few sample blocks.

Connie S.

DARLENE DICK <darlenegee@...>

I have had a difficult time sewing quilt blocks, because if I do use the 'perfect' quarter inch seam using the O foot, my blocks are always too small to trim. I would love to use the quarter inch foot, minus a thread or two. Why cannot I do this on a rather expensive sewing machine? Otherwise, I am content.

Darlene

cas <cassweet@...>

Same here Darlene.  I decided it doesn’t bother me if my quilt blocks are slightly smaller as long as they are all slightly smaller the same amount  so they match up.  I compensate by cutting my fabric with the line on the ruler on TOP of the fabric, there’s my scant thread width.  There is still ¼” to trim or use as seam allowance.

You can also use the straight stitch foot with the needle in the center position and Utility or Quilt stitch #1.  You just have to use the edge of the foot or an added guide to judge your ¼”  I have a little magnet metal guide I place where I want if I do it that way.  If you use the dual feed foot the VD right edge is exactly ¼”.  So you can use it as a guide and run the fabric just slightly inside that edge.  If you use F foot, the inside of the right toe is ¼”.

I’m waiting to hear how people like the upgrade package.  It doesn’t seem to me like we will be able to move the needle over with that either.

Cas