Tension and Excitement about Update hope for threader

Deb Keldrauk

I complained of tension issues while FMQ a few weeks back and now I am trying out a in the hoop bag and am also finding tension issues in embroidery mode. I am using the yellow dot bobbin and have the tension all the way up to max and finally getting a passable stitch. I have never had these problems so I guess it's time for an adjustment. I hope I can wait for the BIG UPDATE, get a service at that time and come home with a "new machine".

All of the update talk really has me excited. I am a quilter and the new foot and plate sound like the answer to one of my problems. I have yet to find a sure fire, 1/4" piecing solution, with any foot and single hole plate combo. When I sew triangular or any piecing that starts at the tip (point) of the pieces if I am not careful things get jammed down into the machine. I have asked several times here if anyone has figured out how to use a 1/4" foot with the single hole plate and for some reason my question is always misunderstood.

My needle threader is not working AGAIN, after it's last adjustment it only worked for a few sewing sessions. So it's back to the handy manual threader. I tried to auto thread a 70/10 needle and that was all she wrote. I am SUPER ANXIOUS to know if its true that they have come up with an new threader that will come with the update so if anyone knows for sure please let me know.

Patricia Ward

​About that 1/4" seam.... what I do is use the zig zag plate and the O foot, move the needle over to the right until a test tells me I have the seam width I want and then I use a piece of fabric to lead my chain piecing into the foot...  on Fons and Porter they call them spiders.  That solves my problem.
I even had the catch in the hole with my Bernina machine using the 1/4" foot and the single hole needleplate...  I think those points are just bound to get down into that hole because there isn't enough for the feed dogs to catch on to to take them through.

Yes, I too am excited about the upgrades and new feet.  I want to get into this ruler quilting thing.  Can't wait until someone from my dealer in DE goes to institute and reports back.

Pat in MD​

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:41 AM, newfilter@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Virginia

Remember there has been no news of an update for the 12000.  Only an upgrade for the 15,000 and that has to be ordered and paid for from what I understand.