Digitizer V4.5H

bltrailroad1 <no_reply@...>

Windows 10 has installed an update that has caused an issue with Digitizer. I have asked Jim, the "All Knowing", and his fix, Revert or Stop Crashing, did not work. The message I get is "Unable to open HASP Run-time (E0009)

I called Janome Tech, but have heard nothing from them and can find nothing on any site to help.

I am in the middle of finishing projects for my daughter's Bridal Shower for this Saturday. does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thanks, Dorothy

Try installing the Windows 10 dongle driver: http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizerdongle_v45.html

It should already have been installed, as you were using MBX with Windows 10 previously, but installing it again may undo the damage done by Windows Update.

bltrailroad1 <no_reply@...>

Thank you for such a quick reply. I have opened the site but I don't see the Windows dongle to download. Would you be able to walk me through the steps?
Dorothy

Anne Parker

Hi Dorothy

I'm on Windows 10 and on MBX V4.5H 2 Oct 2015 (301-6937).  I'm up to date on updates and everything is working fine, so I can't be specific about which or what update may have caused your issue.

However you can uninstall updates - though your system will eventually install them at a later date - or you could try system restore to an earlier time if you have system restore turned on.

To get to the uninstall window - if you are not familiar - click on the notification icon at right of the system tray at the bottom of your screen, select All Settings, select Windows Update on the left, select Update History, select Uninstall Updates and you will get a list of the updates, select the update you want to install, right click and select Uninstall.

I've never had to do this so obviously it's up to you if you want to go this way.

If you do a system restore or do the uninstall you could then stay off-line to get your things finished, provided of course your MBX then works though again that can't be guaranteed.

There is also a way to permanently uninstall and ignore updates, but I've never tried it and I personally would not recommend it.

Additionally you can set Windows to say you are on a metered connection, in which case I believe it will not download updates until you allow it to, though again I have never tried it.

Hope you get sorted soon.
​​

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." Max Ehrmann

maggie cooper

y, I have just uploaded a PDF to the group files area called Hasp problems, I give 3 solutions to correcting the problem you have met. Actually one was sent to my digitising group by a member, but at least one of the solutions will solve your dilemma.
Maggie Cooper uk.

Many thanks Mags, you're a gem!

Virginia

Do not uninstall. I have windows 10 and version 5. The last update damaged the hasp driver update and I contacted dell and they had to uninstall the driver and went to microsoft to download an updated driver. Perhaps going to microsoft and see if there is an updated driver and download that. If that does not work perhaps your local tech or contact janome they may be able to help.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

[...]

Thank you to everyone. The fix, for me, was the OS compatibility kit with Windows 10. Nothing else touched the problem.
I would be lost without the help of others in this group. Thanks, again.
Dorothy