Ghost Rider

Lucy Fino

I haven't seen this question before so here goes...  When I let off of the foot pedal my 15000 sometimes continues to sew, sometime for a couple stitches and sometimes continues until I tap it.  Any helpful ideas?

Usually this is due to one of two things:

1. Dust or debris (dog & cat hair especially) has accumulated inside the foot control. Cleaning that out will fix the problem, but it's tricky to open with springs, etc. Also the screws are usually hidden under the rubber skid prevention pads on the bottom.

2. A capacitor inside the foot control has failed. It's not difficult to replace, but dealers will almost always want to replace the foot control. If it's out of warranty this can be pricey.

3. OK, I lied, there is one more possibility. Sometimes the plug in the machine that the foot control plugs into will break loose from the electronics board that it connects to. This can make the foot control unresponsive sometimes, as well as pop up messages with pictures of the foot control. Generally will not cause the machine to keep running, but I thought I should mention it.

Pat

Speaking of replacing a foot control when the electronics give out.

When my antique (ok, only 1974) Kenmore foot control quit, I pried it apart and noticed a lovely collection of capacitors, transistors, resistors. At least I have to "assume" that's what those colorful parts were. Since, at that time, my machine was so old (at least 30 by then) there weren't replacement parts available, but I lucked out and found an electronics repair person who replaced the errant parts and it worked perfectly. And his fee was ever so reasonable ($20!!!)

I loved that machine, but when I couldn't lower the feed dogs any more, I was forced (tee hee) to do a major upgrade to the 15000.

Just a thought if you have access to a true electronics whiz, and the budget is tight...

Pat

Sent from my iPad

Lucy Fino

Thank you for these helpful ideas.  I will be calling on my dealer this week.  Blessings to all.  Lucy