JANOME RULER FOOT

Barbara Romanufa

I finally got into ruler quilting after borrowing a Westalee foot from a friend.  I decided I enjoyed it enough to buy the Janome foot.  I have the Janome 15000 and the Skyline 7. Jim stated in the foot book I need the QB-s Convertible Free Motion Foot, Part #767434005 and also the convertible Free motion foot No. 202146001..  My dealer knew nothing about those numbers exactly but sold me the Free Motion Frame quilting set 767434005 and the Convertible Free Motion Quilting Foot Set no. 202-001-003.  I live in Canada and thought maybe the numbers were different so I'd give it a try.

The foot works fine when I put it on and quilt, turning off the automatic foot lifter, etc.  But when I turn the machine off and then come back to it, it won't run and comes up with a message, Lift Presser Foot and turn machine back one.  The presser foot is lifted and I can't do anything.  This message is the same on both machines.  I took the foot off and the machine runs fine..  Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, and what the solution was.

Thanks to all, Barbara

Your dealer sold you the wrong foot. You have the QB-H Convertible Free Motion foot set. Because of the way it is designed it does not allow the presser foot lifter to get the foot as high as it should be, hence the message. Note that the part numbers in FootBook are the same, but without the intervening hyphens. Janome's ordering system does not use the hyphens, which is why I omit them. You need part #202-146-001, which should have QB-S stamped on the side. The frame quilting set he sold you use correct. It's also the only one of its kind, at least so far.

Barbara Romanufa

Thank you Jim. Now to go in an argue with my dealer.  I had the correct numbers to begin with and they said no, the one the sold was correct--

Thanks again, don't know what we'd do without you.

Barbara

Pat

Don't forget the Accessory catalog, available to download (free) from Janome's websites (I found it easily on Global.  http://www.janome.co.jp/e1.htmI
Just click  on the word Accessories (left side of the page).  I've saved mine to iBooks on my iPad.

Janome America (janome.com) can get to a multi-page list of accessories that will fit the 15000, although I found the catalog from Global to be far superior when looking to see if there was anything else I might need.  Tee hee.

If you've downloaded the Sewing Machine Accessories PDF previously, the current version seems to be updated with more 15000-specific items.

I had purchased the pintuck foot and it's pintuck cord guide.  Unfortunately the guide didn't fit the 15000. I've now printed just that page from the newer catalog and will take it to my dealer next time I go in so I can get the cord guide that will fit the 15000. 😊

Enjoy!

Pat

Sent from my iPad

saba_cat2

I have purchased the Ruler Foot and Open Toe Frame #83 76734005 and Convertible Free Motion Quilting Foot Set #202146001.  It now appears that Janome has a new Ruler Work Foot (QR) as part of the the Quilt Maker Accessory Upgrade Kit.  This would then make the prior to item unnecessary?

The ruler foot sold in the Frame Quilting Set was developed for the 1600P series of machines that are often used on quilting frames. Owners of embroidery machines, such as the 15000, discovered that it fit nicely on the Convertible Free Motion set. However if the height of the convertible foot holder was set too high, it could collide with the machine when lifted by the automatic foot lifter - if the latter was also set high. It appears that Janome has realized that the popularity of the foot justified making a set of accessories that could transform the 15000 into a quilting model. Obviously the parts you have purchased will continue to work, but if you get the full upgrade package for your machine your original ruler foot will be redundant. The convertible free motion set will still be a valid addition though.

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 1:36 PM, "iambcdrom@... [janome12000]" wrote:

Thank you Jim. Now to go in an argue with my dealer.  I had the correct numbers to begin with and they said no, the one the sold was correct--

Thanks again, don't know what we'd do without you.

Barbara

Judy Van Kalken

Will that new ruler set work on the 12000?

Sent from my iPhone

It's possible that it will, but there is no indication that they will be doing an update to the 12000. At this point we just don't have enough information. Your dealers will know much more after they have attended Janome Institute.