Thread wrapped around bobbin holder.

Marilyn Fleming

Hi all. Im sure someone can tell me how to get the thread from under the bobbin winder,l have unwound as much as I can , now it won't budge at all. What can I do?

 Sure would like some help.

Thanks

Marilyn

If you have the 15000 you can pull the cutting disc up away from the cover to give you more room to remove the thread. Be sure to push it back when you finish.

Anne Parker

This happened to me last year.  I ended up using a small sissors and a pair of tweezers to snip and then unwind a bit of thread at a time as I just couldn't find the end once I'd unwound all that came off easily.

I was very careful not to cut tiny bits so it woudn't drop down inside (if that's possible) in the gap in the casing and unwound every bit that I cut until eventually it was all clear.

I haven't had any issues with it since I did this and now make a point of watching carefully where the thread is winding.  Still don't really know why it happened, but I was thankful that I always wind on slow speed so there wasn't as much thread as there could have been round the spindle!

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" Edgar's Mission | www.edgarsmission.org.au

cas <cas@...>

It happened to me too.  Now I lightly hold the thread between my fingers until it is well started to hold it at the right level so it doesn’t go under the bobbin.
Cas

Fran

It happens to me and after reading Jim's solution, I tried it. I could not move the disc and didn't force it for fear I'd break it.  I have to guide the thread, too. I haven't had this problem with other separate bobbin motor machines.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, November 19, 2016, 6:48 PM, 'cas' cas@... [janome12000] wrote:

It happened to me too.  Now I lightly hold the thread between my fingers until it is well started to hold it at the right level so it doesn’t go under the bobbin.
Cas

sew3emb

I have a PDF that Diane made on winding a bobbin ..  in 2012 so don't know if it is still on their site.

She fed the thread through the hole on the flat edge from the inside (the side that will hold the thread) going out..
Then took the thread down through the center hole (you would put over the bobbin post).
Hold the thread as you put it onto the post and it secures it very well, making the thread go onto the bobbin.
Hope I typed that well enough to make sense. Zoe

We were able to find the PDF in the attic, buried in an old cigar box with an "I Like Ike" button. I also found my long lost secret decoder ring and finally found out that the coded message on the cereal box said "Eat more wheat honeys - your pal, Buffalo Bee". There was an autographed picture of Captain Kangaroo, too, but it crumbled when I touched it. Anyway the PDF is now available for download in our "Files" section:

Deb Keldrauk

Humm this link won't work for me.
Deb in CA

I always forget that copying and pasting a link from the Files page seldom works. Thanks Yahoo! Try this one:

If that doesn't work just go to the group files page. It's the first one listed.

Deb Keldrauk

THUMBS UP!

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Not to be a pest, but is it possible to have it appear top to bottom instead of sideways?  I really don't want to have to print it out to read it and have no comfortable place to lie down near my computer screen :) I'm using Adobe but also have LibreOffice installed.

It was actually formatted for iPad, but I have uploaded a rotated version as "SidewaysBobbinWinder.pdf". Please, everyone,  do not post asking what a sideways bobbin is - that's just the name of the document! I'm not posting a link, because Yahoo hasn't made it available yet, and the link wouldn't work anyway. Watch for the email announcing the document and click the link it contains.

lindabeaulieu863

This has happened to me a few times until I realized that the bobbin wasn't pushed down enough. Now that I make sure that it is pushed all the way down ,I've never had the problem .

Lucy Akers

You should find a little symbol at the top of the page that will let you rotate the image.

Anne Parker

It's really easy to rotate a document in Adobe Acrobat.

You can either go to the 2 almost round arrows on the right at the top and select one continuously until you get the document oriented the way the want - that's what I did - or just go to the View' menu and select 'Rotate View' and either rotate 'Clockwise' or 'Counterclockwise'

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" Edgar's Mission | www.edgarsmission.org.au

Mary Hansen

Thank you so much for showing us how to rotate,I went to file and clicked on rotate clockwise.WOW

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Anne Parker lokicat6@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

It's really easy to rotate a document in Adobe Acrobat.

You can either go to the 2 almost round arrows on the right at the top and select one continuously until you get the document oriented the way the want - that's what I did - or just go to the View' menu and select 'Rotate View' and either rotate 'Clockwise' or 'Counterclockwise'

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" Edgar's Mission | www.edgarsmission.org.au

Betty Scott

Jim wrote > If you have the 15000 you can pull the cutting disc up away from the cover to give you more room to remove the thread. Be sure to push it back when you finish.

I could not move the cutting disc and did not want to force it. Should it move easily?

Betty

No, it does not move easily. It actually snaps into its position on the winder stem. Put fingers under the disc on each side and pull straight up. Once it gets past the "snap" point it will come off a little easier.

Anne Parker

Thanks for confirming that it should move Jim - not that I've tried it lately but did a while back.  Is it possible to remove it completely or is it required to be in place to wind the bobbin properly (don't currently have access to the machine to check it all out just now).

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" Edgar's Mission | www.edgarsmission.org.au

I would NOT remove it completely, as this will make it even easier to wind thread around the stem of the winder. A little extra effort is required to get it over the spring that holds the bobbin on, but it does come off. In fact to remove the top cover a technician MUST remove the cutting disc.