Fabric Cutting Systems

Meryl Margolies

Somehow I got started looking at the Accuquilt. I know it's not the only one on the market, and I don't even know if it's something I would be interested in. I know that as my arthritis gets worse, cutting my fabric gets harder. I would love some input, suggestions, critiques. I don't want to muddy up this group, so go ahead and send me your comments privately to machinequilter@comcast net or message me from Facebook where I'm simply Meryl Margolies.

Thanks. Love you guys

Shirley Allen

I would like to know more about Acuquilt & if it is something I could
use. I have the ELNA expressive 920 & wonder if it would work with that
or maybe I don't need it. Will welcome any comments. Thanks Shirley

blue_lak <no_reply@...>

I have a Big Shot that collects dust until I pull it out to use it for special shapes, like apple cores. The only time I used it for a large job with lots of small HSTs, the angle corner kept clogging with small fibers. It was not the easiest to clean around a very sharp edge. It does take up table space, turning the handle requires strength if cutting more than 1 layer of fabric at a time, and the dies can be pricey. IMVHO, it's great for curved shapes and appliques, and have them all come out precisely the same size. Many LQS have some Accucutting systems available for rent by the hour. You could get a general feel from that.
Jan in MD

Maryann Hindle

I have the go cutter.....and I love it....cutting strips has never been easier....or more accurate!
Yes the dies are pricy...but worth it if you like saving time....and having accurate cuts....
Running the dies is quite easy....even with several layers of fabric...I only use 4 layers....for accuracy....
Wouldn't trade it for anything!
Maryann