Updates for 15000

susies.stitches@...

I know this has been covered before, but I finally decided it was time to download and install any updates available.  If someone can tell me when it was posted, I'll go look it up.  I thought I read somewhere that the version I have is 2.0, but when I searched for how to install the updates, it was to 1.04.  Are they 2 separate things, and if so,what should I install and how?  I know if I had done it when everyone was discussing it, I wouldn't have to ask for help after the fact.  I do try to find the information before I write in, but sometimes I spend hours trying.

One more question, please?  Is the largest hoop just one piece, or should there be an inner part to hold the fabric?  For some reason I have 3,and none of them the inside hoop.I see the magnets on it, but don't know how they work.  Sorry for not remembering to do the updates when they were first discussed.  Thanks so much:-)  Sue

[The following information is an update to update information already updated. Please update]
The last MC15000 update is version 2.11, available here:
You will also want to update your HorizonLink Suite:

All embroidery hoops are two parts, an inner and outer ring. They ship with the inner ring "nested" inside the outer, so you may just have to pop them out. Loosen the screw slightly and they should slip apart easily. If the inner rings are truly missing take all the hoops back to your dealer for replacement. The inner rings are not sold separately and if the machine was a demo from a show the dealer should be able to get them replaced at no cost.

darlene Reese

If I have Janome 15000 version 2, do I still need to update to version 2.11? Or are these just updates for the Janome 15000 only? I am so confused. Sent from my iPad

[Confusion is one of the more populated states in the lower 48.]
Version 2.11 was created for compatibility with the Embroidery Couching foot and the AcuSetter app. If you aren't using those then you don't NEED it. Usually it's best to update when they come out with new versions, though, because Janome doesn't usually tell us what bugs may have been fixed in a release.

Virginia

Jim is right.  Always do the update.  If you read the information  it always
 gives what the updates are to correct and they usually add "to correct other underlying corrections" or something like that.

If I have Janome 15000 version 2, do I still need to update to version 2.11? Or are these just updates for the Janome 15000 only? I am so confused. Sent from my iPad

[Confusion is one of the more populated states in the lower 48.]
Version 2.11 was created for compatibility with the Embroidery Couching foot and the AcuSetter app. If you aren't using those then you don't NEED it. Usually it's best to update when they come out with new versions, though, because Janome doesn't usually tell us what bugs may have been fixed in a release.

Anne Parker

I know Jim has said all embroidery hoops are 2 parts, but the ASQ22 hoop is not.  It just has magnetic clamps for clamping a quilt to it plus a firmer than usual template for placing your quilt under.

I've never actually used it, but have looked in the manual. See page 4 of the manual also shown on page 110 and the long magnetic clamps that are used to hold a quilt for using the accuquilt system - see page 144 on how to use the hoop.  It specificaly states there that there is no inner hoop.

'There is no inner hoop but the quilt layers are held in the
hoop by means of the magnetic clamps'

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" Edgar's Mission | www.edgarsmission.org.au

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

Thanks for the information.  I'll check the hoops again.  I thought maybe I misplaced the inner hoop when I was putting together everything for the 12000, but the 15000 hoops are still in the box.  The 12000 was a floor model, and I thought it came with everything.  I even got the 5 thread spool holder, which I don't see on the Janome site as included.  I'll check all 3 outer hoops to see if I missed it.  If not, I'll take them back to the dealer.  (He's having an anniversary sale soon, and the 15000 will be half price.  I'm hoping they'll be full retail, with no throw ins, so i don't feel so bad about not waiting to buy mine :-(.  Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and I've enjoyed using it since November!).  I'll do the updates before I forget.  I have to figure out Horizon Link too.  I haven't used it yet, and have been still using the usb drive so I don't have to learn anything new.  Time to come out of the dark ages .....

vicki chrobak

Sue, Unless something changed, the 5 thread spool holder did NOT come with then 12000.

Vicki Jo

On 9/16/2016 12:16 PM, Sue Raabe susies.stitches@... [janome12000] wrote:

[...]

Posted by: Sue Raabe

darlene Reese

Okay, so now I have a new jump drive, and tried to download it and put it in my machine like it said, holding down the two buttons when I turned it on, and all I get is an error message.  It is a new 2.0 drive and I put it in the machine first, then formatted it in my computer, have done it twice now, and still get an error message in my machine.
Has anyone else has that happen to them?
I have unzipped the file as per all the instructions, I even printed them out so I would not miss a step.
Then I copied the unzipped file to the jump drive.
Don't know what else I could have done wrong.  Any suggestions?
Darlene

[When nothing else works, read the instructions.]
Unzipping the files and copying them to the jump drive will not work. The instructions call for you to double click the update app, then use it to prepare the jump drive. You can find these instructions as a PDF in the contents of the zip, but they are also here:

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

I checked again, and I have one (the largest) with the inner hoop, which came with the 15000, and 2 without them.  I never used them so I didn't misplace them.  I'll contact my dealer and ask him how to handle it.  If he charges me, I'll only replace one.  I finally have everything for the 12000 together and ready to box up, so it's ready when I find a buyer.  I seem to be missing the bar that goes on the back of the machine when the embroidery unit isn't attached, so as soon as I can get a price to replace it, I'll deduct from the selling price.  I'm tired of losing things, replacing them, and then finding them again.  I'm sure it will turn up somewhere after I sell it, but at this point, it's not about the money.  It's a matter of finally advertising the 12000, and getting it out of the house. The 5 thread spool stand was in the box with my 12000.  It was a floor model, and may have been on there.  Since it didn't come with the 15000 either, I'll keep it.

Does anyone what websites have discounts on Jenny Haskins stabilizer and thread?  I received quite a bit of each with the 15000, and plan to sell it for less than the discounted price, but first I have to find out what that is!  I'd like to use whatever I get towards paying off the 15000.  I'm not trying to advertise it here; I was just hoping to avoid a tedious search to find it.  I'm hoping someone else may have some suggestions :-)  Sue