Signing off!

SarahAnnSmith <sarahannsmith@...>

Hi everyone! I wanted to bid you all a fond farewell. I have had the Janome 15000 as a loaner from Janome America, and I am going to be returning it to Janome and sewing on the 9400 (or 8900) since I really am not an embroidery person. I’ve really enjoyed being here, but since I won’t have the machine, doesn’t make sense to hang around.

Jim, THANK YOU for everything! Your tutorial videos/DVDs and FootBook are simply awesome! I hope to cross paths with you somewhere. I’ve enjoyed meeting all of you, learning from all of you, and hope we meet elsewhere—on the internet or in person.

Cheers, Sarah

website and blog: http://www.SarahAnnSmith.com/weblog
E-mail: sarah@SarahAnnSmith.com
Check out my DVD: Art Quilt Design: From Photo to Threadwork
Author of bestseller ThreadWork Unraveled

Vikki Youngmeyer

You’ll really like either one of those machines for just general sewing. I get to work on both of them periodically when we have models available at the shop. I’m waiting to see what’s coming out to replace some of the lower end models such as the 3160.

Vikki

Hi everyone! I wanted to bid you all a fond farewell. I have had the Janome 15000 as a loaner from Janome America, and I am going to be returning it to Janome and sewing on the 9400 (or 8900) since I really am not an embroidery person. I’ve really enjoyed being here, but since I won’t have the machine, doesn’t make sense to hang around.

Jim, THANK YOU for everything! Your tutorial videos/DVDs and FootBook are simply awesome! I hope to cross paths with you somewhere. I’ve enjoyed meeting all of you, learning from all of you, and hope we meet elsewhere—on the internet or in person.

Cheers, Sarah

website and blog: http://www.SarahAnnSmith.com/weblog
E-mail: sarah@...
Check out my DVD: Art Quilt Design: From Photo to Threadwork
Author of bestseller ThreadWork Unraveled

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

I have the 3160, and a friend of mine purchased what she said was a newer model.  Maybe she was wrong. I can't remember the model number, but it started with a 4. Since I only use it to take somewhere, I resisted the impulse to get it. I would have had to pay more than I wanted to trade up for something newer. I would be so tempted by all the new machines if I ever worked in a store.

I should probably set it up for straight sewing so I don't have to change everything on the 15000.  It never occurred to me before, but now I understand why people have separate machines for each function. Sue

Anne Parker

Sue

I have lots of machines - not only because you can set one up for each function and move around between them, but also because some machines are simply just better at doing a certan thing than others.  I may be biased but I still say a straight stitch only machine ( especally my old Singer 28k, 99k and my Vestas) do a much nicer looking stitch that the swing needle machines (possibly because there is no sideways motion required of the needle bar at all for fancy stitches) - though I must say that the 15000 has impressed me with it's straight stitch.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" Edgar's Mission | www.edgarsmission.org.au