15000

susies.stitches@...

I have written in a few times asking for advice on selling my 12000, so I thought I'd let everyone know that I finally unpacked my 15000 (got it in November) and I'm double checking to make sure I have everything for the 12000 so I can sell it .  There's one part, non mechanical, that needs replacing, and It's back ordered,  While I'm waiting, I occasionally check what's included in the "bonus package".  It seems to change.  I'm also keeping an eye on the e-bay completed sales so I can price it competitively when the time comes.. Now that it's finally out of the box, I have to use it -  I have sewing to do :-)

Thanks to all of you for your advice; I did read it and followed it!

gbporter2002@...

what took you so long...I love the 15000. I love the even feed for stitch in the ditch quilting and binding application as well as piecing.... I did tweek the even feed so that the layers fed more  equally and it  really made a big difference in the finished product.  GA FROM OH

Paula McLaughlin <paularmcl@...>

How did you tweet it?

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 13, 2016, at 10:37 AM, gbporter2002@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

what took you so long...I love the 15000. I love the even feed for stitch in the ditch quilting and binding application as well as piecing.... I did tweek the even feed so that the layers fed more  equally and it  really made a big difference in the finished product.  GA FROM OH

gbporter2002@...

Do you have the 15000 Workbook Guide >It shows it on page 30. there is a dial on the right hand side of the machine.The dial is usually set at 0. Turn the dial in the "-" direction if the top layer is puckering which mine  was doing.   Turn the dial "+" if the lower layer is puckering....Hope this answers your question.   GA FROM OH

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

Do I need to get a dual feed quarter inch foot for my 12000?  I need to get another one, and there's seems to be a difference in price.  Some of them say so on the package, but not all.  I can't seem to find the one that came with it, and want to replace with the right one.  I bought one, and realized it was 7 mm, not 9, so I'm keeping it for my 3160, which is about all I can carry when I take it somewhere.  I'm so glad I didn't go for anything bigger.  I originally bought a different brand of small machine, but the dials on the front turned every time I brushed them.  I exchanged it it for the Janome, even though I didn't know much about them at the time.  It's perfect for what I need.  My 15000 more than takes up the slack when I need to do more.  Right now, I'm a happy camper!  I have had practically no incidents with either of them, and it had been my error, not the machine's.  After reading the posts, I hope I don't have trouble with the automatic threader.  I would just do it by hand, but I keep missing the eye!  I wish I didn't have to wait 6-8 weeks for the new slide on accessory box.  Apparently one of the little knobs broke off, and it comes apart when I open it.  I didn't want to give anyone a reason to wonder if anything else was wrong.  Does anyone know where I can get the clear tape they put on the new machines?  It would be an extra precaution when I sell the 12000.  I have plenty of packaging tape, but I think it might be too hard to get off without damaging the machine.  Thanks for all the advice - I'm going to use my new machine!  It's time it gets some attention.

Karen Cone

Just a question, is the Workbook Guide different than the Memory Craft 15000 Instructional Manual?
Thanks,
Karen
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:43 AM

--
Sent with Postbox

blue_lak <no_reply@...>

In the 12000 manual, it's on page 31, the "Dual feed balancing dial." It's on the end of the machine, just below the balance wheel. I've been fortunate and only needed to tweek it when sewing a lace trim on a knit top. It did help. The trick is remembering to turn the dial back to 0 when finished.
Jan in MD

Vikki Youngmeyer

You could look into purchasing some stick on film that they use on cell phone faces. Probably have to cut it down to size, but should last long enough for the sale to go through assuming someone doesn’t open up the box with a samurai sword!

Vikki

Houston, tX