Installing Acutools

suewatts12@...

Hi, I'm new here, been reading and learning. I also have Accutools for my 11000, which was installed and working fine. Then I was told there was an update and it stated to delete the old one and install the update. It didn't install. When I took it to the dealer for help, they reinstalled the disc but now it says USB driver did not install. Any suggestions on how I can get everything to install, as it was before? Can I install on a USB that I load with Horizon Suite for my 15000? Appreciate your help as my dealer is over an hour away. Also, how do I get to the videos mentioned in one post?, would love to watch them. Thanks, Sue

Pressing the "Eject" button on his lounge chair, Jim waddles across the room to extend his hand:
Welcome Sue! Help yourself to some fresh lemonade and a brownie in the kitchen, but stay away from those odd green cookies on the sideboard. Wanda Kowznofski brought those in last week. One fell on the floor and the dog ate it. Sparky hasn't been seen since, but late at night we hear him howling in the woods out back. Wanda insists that her lima bean and rutabaga cookies had nothing to do with it.

When we had our store we sold a lot of 11000 machines, but I don't remember AcuTools being available for that model. A Google search reveals that AcuTools is the software included with the 14000. Maybe what you are having problems with is Customizer 11000. If your dealer installed that from the CD you would have gotten an older version, and you will need to update it for USB compatibility in Windows 7 or later. That update is available here. The instructions available here explain how to get the USB driver installed.

The folder structure on USB drives used by the 15000 is downward compatible with the 11000, so you can use the same USB drive for both machines. Of course designs that use 15000 hoops that are larger than the 11000 hoops will not show up on the 11000, but otherwise you can use the same USB stick.

Information on our 15000 video app (My 15000) is available on the website my15000.com, or through our "app headquarter" site www.onlinesewing.com.

Sue Watts <suewatts12@...>

Thank you so much. You're right it was called MCTools, I believe. When she wrote AcuTools it clicked, but wrongly.
So glad you figured out what I was asking as I didn't word it exactly right, but I was wondering as you explained about using the USB that had designs loaded thru my Horizon Suite  on the 11000. But I thank you for the link and hopefully that will fix my problem with my MC Tools. I had the Customizer 10000, so didn't get the 11000, just used MC TOOLS to send my designs, I believe, it's been awhile since I have been able to use it.
So excited to learn they can share size appropriate designs for each machine on a usb. Much easier.
I like the 5x7 hoop on my 11000 as it doesn't waste as much stabilizer. Many designs I have are 5x7 or. 4x4. My dealer only offered $900. in trade and felt I could keep it for that. My 15 year old daughter is starting to get interested so maybe she will take it over.
You answered all my questions, sorry to interrupt your relaxing time.
By the way, the brownies are great and you're right the green cookies look strange. I didn't try one. Lol
Thanks, Sue

[...]

Cat - N

Sue,

Not sure if this applies to you, but when I upgraded from Customizer 11000 v.1.3 to v.1.5, there was an upgrade at this site:
        http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/software.html
...that said:
        Free Customizer 11000 Upgrade
        Upgrade to Customizer 11000 from Customizer 10000 Plus
...at this link (there is a link to click from the above page but this is the link location):
        http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/c11k.html
...and, depending on the version (above), there is also this:
        Customizer 11000 Version 1.50
        Adds Windows 7 / 64-bit compatibility and other minor improvements
...at (there is again a link to click):
        http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/c11k150.html

Not sure if it will help or be of interest to you...it's just a thought...take care.

- Cat

.

Sue Watts <suewatts12@...>

Thanks, it sure would, I am not great figuring out how to do everything in software, especially if I don't get a chance to sew often, I forget what I previously figured out, but I intend to get back into it and sew more now that I have spent the (fortune) for a 15000. Purchased it this April, and so far, all is good except sometimes my top cutter doesn't work. Anyone know if there's anything I can do to  save lugging it back to the dealer?
My threader is pretty hit n miss also, but I have figured out that sometimes,  if I move the needle up or down slightly, it will thread. But it still is frustrating.
But I was excited to find this group to help me learn all the quirks, as I was pretty sick for over a year and was unable to climb the stairs to my sewing room, I have forgotten a lot of things. Looking forward to learning from you all.
Thanks again, I will check out the links and see if I can get all updated and back on the swing of things. Sue

If by "top cutter" you mean the thread cutter near the bobbin winder, hold the thread with both hands as you pull it into the cutting slot. This keeps the thread taut and it should cut easily and cleanly. If it doesn't there may be a bit of thread caught in it. Use a magnifying glass to look at it. A pin can be used to pick out anything that might be caught in there.

Before threading press the needle up/down button twice. This ensures the needle is at its highest position. Then touch the LOCK button. That's a very important step, not to ensure safety, but to make sure that the tension disks are open. Don't attempt to use the threader with needles smaller than size 11 or with twin or wing needles.