Nesting on new 15000 Update.

Contessa@...

I asked for help here,  recently on my "nesting" problem on my 4 month old 15000.I had lots of very helpful and informative answers, but I haven't managed to cure it and have now discovered that absolutely no bobbin thread is showing on the back of the embroidery. It is all top thread. I got through two whole reels of embroidery thread yesterday, trying to do a 12000 stitch embroidery. Do I have to give in and send it back for repair???? I'm soooooo sad! I have tried the usual - passing fine crochet cotton through the thread mechanism, folded calico down the thread path - nothing helps. Can anyone help before I take the plunge and return it to my dealer who is 500 miles away. He will collect but I will be without my machine for a couple of weeks. Also, I'd like to know what I did wrong, if anything. Whatever it is, I can't afford to do it again.

Being way more than 500 miles away, Jim types loudly so you can hear this:

The issue is tension. Either there is too much bobbin tension, or not enough needle tension. Bobbin tension is fixed, although you do have two bobbin cases. The red dot case is the standard, while the yellow dot case has extra tension for use with fine bobbin thread, if needed. If your problem is happening with the yellow dot case, change back to the red dot. What happens with regular sewing, such as a zig zag stitch? Do you still have a straight line on the bottom, or does the zig zag look OK? Have you made any changes to the tension in the SET screens? If the top tension has been reduced there it would cause this same problem. Set it back to default, or use the + option to tighten it up a bit. Debris caught in the tension can hold the discs open, reducing or eliminating top tension. That's why you ran the calico through the top tension path, but apparently it did not help. Note that you must do this when the tension is open, which happens when LOCK is engaged. You might try it again in that state.

If all else fails you should have the dealer collect it for service. Being without it for two weeks probably won't be any worse than the weeks of frustration you've already endured!

audrey chase <Contessa@...>

Jim, you are so kind. What would we do without you? I can’t imagine.

I have tried everything you kindly suggested, but nothing helps, so, sadly, it’s back to Janome for my new baby.

As you say, anything is better than a machine that doesn’t work properly.

I tried the zigzag stitch and it doesn’t look too bad on the back, but the satin stitches, using the sewing mode, have almost no bobbin thread showing on the back at all.

I have also noticed that when using the anchor stitch around an embroidery design, before you sew it out, that the thread just trails across the top of the frame, with no stitches actually forming at all.

I have just tried stitching out a built in, satin stitch embroidery file and there is no visible bobbin thread on the back at all. It’s almost entirely top thread.

However, although I’m very sad, I wanted to say a huge thank you to you, once again, for trying to help me. I have learned a lot.

I have been in touch with my dealer a few times over the last couple of weeks, when things started going wrong and, although they recommended the calico and thick thread treatment through the tension discs, they didn’t tell me I must have the LOCK engaged at the time.

I’m sure this has helped loads of people. Thank you.

My machine is being collected on Monday and I have asked Janome to tell me what the problem was. I hope they do. If so, I will report back to you.

Thanks again for being a star – wish you lived next door to me – but I bet you feel glad that you don’t !

I’m quite generous with the gin and tonic and I’m good at making curries. Perhaps you’d consider moving to the UK?? Just think, an evening meal and a few bevvies for a beautifully working 15000? No? I thought not!! Oh well, I had to try !

bonnie waluda <waludabonnie@...>

I have the same exact problem.  I've tried everything mentioned except the calico down the thread path.  Not sure I understand what you mean here, would you describe that for me.  By the way, I have also changed my needle, re-rethreaded the machine, passed dental floss before re-threading, even changed from the yellow to the red bobbin case.  I am stumped.  If the calico doesn't work, she is off the the dealer.  Thank you for any advise.
Bonnie

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 14, 2016, at 2:16 AM, Contessa@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Judy Jackson <judy.j282@...>

Oh yes please move to the UK...........

Sent from my iPad

Startled by the horrific photo on his expired passport, Jim recovers enough to say this:
I've been to the UK, back in the 90s, and I do love the country. London was amazing, but probably too pricey (and busy) for a refugee American pensioner. Scotland has amazingly friendly people, though conversation was a bit difficult with Texan accents colliding with Scottish speech. I've watched enough British television, with season 6 of Vera being the latest and greatest, to nearly speak the language. The speech in Northumberland is sommat different though, innit. I think my favorite landing spot would probably be in the Cotswolds, though it appears that high speed Internet is not something the sheep there have a need for. That and an abundance of sun will probably keep me anchored in Texas until I move to the narrow apartment. It's said that I take after my maternal grandfather, whose parents emigrated from the UK. I have a huge book with the history of the Bostwick family and it appears they go back many generations.

Nancy Reynolds

On rare occasions nesting is caused by too much pressure on presser foot, if this is only happening in certain areas, you might try lessening the pressure using icon for tension setting.