12000 app

Bettina Santos

If I purchase the app, does it mean I can then view all the videos, or are they purchased separately?

Whether you purchase our apps in the App Store (My 12000, My 15000) or online (My 12000 Online, My 15000 Online) you get access to ALL of the videos that are available now, as well as any new ones we add in the future.

Bettina Santos

Thank you

On Friday, 1 April 2016, 11:40, "Bettina Santos bettinasantos43@... [janome12000]" wrote:

If I purchase the app, does it mean I can then view all the videos, or are they purchased separately?

Whether you purchase our apps in the App Store (My 12000, My 15000) or online (My 12000 Online, My 15000 Online) you get access to ALL of the videos that are available now, as well as any new ones we add in the future.

Lou Ann

I'll show my ignorance of technology...Jim, do 'apps' work on desktop computers?

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.  Nicolas Chamfort
Taking time out from his daily search for laughs, Jim says:
"App" is short for "application". In the world of computers, which now includes phones, tablets, cars, and probably toasters, an application is a program that lets the computer do something useful. You have lots of apps already in your sewing computer, such as HorizonLink, Digitizer MBX, etc. There are two basic kinds of apps:
Native apps - these are programs written to run on the device they live on. This would be things like HorizonLink on a PC or AcuEdit on an iPad. They only work on the device they were built for. For example, AcuEdit works on an iPad, but not on a computer or Android tablet.

Web apps - these are programs written to run in a web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Originally web pages were static, like the pages in a book. They contained links to other pages, but the content did not change. Now there are standard ways of creating web pages so the content can change while you are looking at the page. As long as the web browser follows the same rules that the page was built with, the same content can be viewed on lots of different devices. There are limits to what can be done with a web app, such as storing data within the device. The advantage is that you can use the app in lots of different devices, which is why we created web versions of our native apps.

The down side of web apps is support. With our native apps you just open the app and use it. As Apple users are fond of saying, it just works. With the web apps I'm already experiencing the pain of support, because users now have to deal with browser settings for cookies, icons for accessing the app and other issues. I'm hoping that continued posts here will reduce that and I won't regret having created the web apps!

Shirley Allen

Jim, I have deli ma about my machine. OK I purchased the Elna 920 Expressive & it is supposed to be either a copy of the 12000 or the 14000 (more like this one 14000) & made by jANOME. Only thing is they do not supply as much info for it as they do for their Janome machines. I know you said you are not familiar with this one. And my dealer ( whom I trust ) is in Pa 3 hrs from here. I do plan on taking the lessons as soon as I can. I am curious about the Horizon Link, but it seems I do not have it. What would it do for me? I had the Elna 9600 before this & I loved it. great machine. I wonder can I use the RE hoop with this one? I use this one all the time. Also wonder if I should invest in the Acu kit-will it work ok with it? I have viewed the videos & think I might be better off with the 1500. Your videos are great & so well done. I plan on getting one. So maybe you cannot help me, but maybe somebody out there is dealing with this problem too. Janome needs to get with it if they manufacture Elna products. (maybe I should have bought the 1500 & be done with it, but I got a really good deal --I think)??? Shirley in NJ PS tried to update my machine from 1.00 to 1.20 & it did not work???

Putting on his most expressive hat, Jim says:
The Elna 920 is a clone of the 14000, which is a clone of the 15000 but without wireless. I've been told by a 14000 owner that our videos for the 15000 apply to the 14000 as well, except for the wireless part. The software included with the 920 is AcuTools, which I suspect is the same as HorizonLink Suite, but without the AcuFil or wireless options. According to the Janome website the AcuFil kit works on the 14000, so it seems likely that it would also work on the 920.

Janome seems to be treating the Elna line as a stepchild. They have the 920 on the front page of the Elna USA website, but clicking it reveals it's a dead link. You have to dig into the site to find the 920 page. I think their intent was to create more buying choices, much like General Motors offers Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC. However even General Motors has pared down, ditching Pontiac. In my never humble opinion Janome has made a mistake doing this. Offering too many choices works against them more than it works for them. The first thing that Steve Jobs did on returning to Apple was to reduce the number of products by 70%. They also were selling multiple versions of the same products, just like Janome and Elna. In the case of Apple, it saved the company and they seem to be doing fairly well these days!

Lou Ann

Thanks, Jim.  I've just received my technology education for the month!

Paula McLaughlin <paularmcl@...>

I had the 920 and upgraded to the 15000 two weeks later. The 920 is a great machine, I just like the wireless feature and acufil. When I got the 920, my dealer added the acufil tools .

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 1, 2016, at 7:52 AM, Shirley pallen73@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Jim.  Your info helps as usual.  I think I will continue to use my 920 Elna and learn all the ups and downs.  And as soon as I can will be purchising your 15000 app.  Where would we be without you.  You are a drove of information, thank you again.  Shirley in NJ

Sent from Samsung tablet.