Blue and Pink Janome Bobbins

Can someone please tell me about the blue and pink bobbins that Janome sells? What are they used for, and how are they different from the normal clear Janome bobbin?

Norma Russen

Jane Dunne

Hi Norma,
They are no different. The pink ones represent breast cancer however I do forget what the blue ones represent. I have both colours because the price was right when I needed bobbins and I was supporting the breast cancer program at the same time having lost our eldest girl to breast cancer.

Jane

Sent from my iPad

blue_lak <no_reply@...>

There's no functional difference between the clear, blue, or pink bobbins. They were pricey when first available, but a bit lower now I think. Depending on how you store or organize your bobbins, they can be very useful for distinguishing different type or specialty threads. I use the pink for all cotton quilting, blue for polyester embroidery, and the clear for everything else related to regular sewing. Somehow I still manage to get the wrong bobbin into the wrong storage box but the wrong color bobbin is easy to spot.
Jan in MD

Vikki Youngmeyer

It’s advertising, plain and simple! Except for color, they are standard Janome bobbins identical to the clear ones. I have a set of pink that I store embroidery thread on when I have to use embroidery thread in the bobbin.

Vikki

Houston, TX

Sent: Monday, March 28, 2016 6:24 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Blue and Pink Janome Bobbins

Can someone please tell me about the blue and pink bobbins that Janome sells? What are they used for, and how are they different from the normal clear Janome bobbin?

Norma Russen

Patricia Ward

​From what my dealer told me they are the same as the clear except they are colors.  I use the pink ones for winding quilting thread onto and the blue for embroidery thread.  That way I can tell them apart and have the thread that I may need to do either technique.  I figured  PQ ( pink quilt) so then the blue ( BcdE)  Blue/embroidery. 

Pat ​

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 7:24 PM, Norma Russen njrussen@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Norma Russen

Cat - N

Actually, the pink (cherry blossom case) bobbins were "celebrating the 90th Anniversary of Janome Tokyo" because "pink cherry blossoms are a well known symbol of Japan."   http://janome.com/en/blog/were-tickled-pink-about-our-cherry-blossom-bobbin-pack/

I don't think I ever saw anything about the blue (butterfly case) motif marketing 'theme' except that it was a "Limited Edition Blue Butterfly Series" or something to that effect.   

I got both because they are standard Janome bobbins in very pretty just colors with darling cases, thinking I would color code threads with them.  So far, I have not used them at all...just kept them in pristine condition because they are so lovely...and 'special, collector' bobbins, basically....LOL   The info does not seem to be on Janome's site anymore, only this remains:   http://janome.com/en/blog/special-offer-pink-and-blue-bobbins/

Which means...you guessed it...I have 'packrat'ed the beautiful pink and blue bobbins in their lovely, adorned cases, and have bought a bunch of clear Janome bobbins and pre-wound Janome bobbins for actual use, in addition to all the other Janome (and Kenmore) bobbins that I have been collecting for about the past 45 years or so...LOL.

Jane, I am so very sorry to hear about your eldest daughter.  I have lost several beloved, including a 22 year old nephew, his father, grandfather, uncle, and great grandfather, and now have a 30 year old nephew recently diagnosed....not to mention all the friends and other family members through the years, some of whom are still with us, including me.  It is a terrible thing to lose them and we have lots of terrible things that go wrong.  My very best to you...many hugs.

- Cat

- Cat 

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10.
Warning:  The foregoing message is likely a combination of what I meant to say and words the nice machine liked better.
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:13 AM
Reply To: janome12000@...

Hi Norma,
They are no different. The pink ones represent breast cancer however I do forget what the blue ones represent. I have both colours because the price was right when I needed bobbins and I was supporting the breast cancer program at the same time having lost our eldest girl to breast cancer.

Jane

Sent from my iPad

Terry L

Jane,
I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

I can see how the colored bobbins would be a great for organizing threads.
Terry

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 8:41 AM

Hi Norma,

Jane

Sent from my iPad

Anne Parker

I don't know the actual answer - if there is one.  I always thought they were just different colours so you could identify what type/weight of thread you had on them.  So you could use pink for say ordinary sewing thread, blue for say embroidery thread, and clear for bobbin thread - just my thoughts.

Having different colour bobbins is one of the reasons - apart from price - that I ordered 3 lots of 25 from China in great bobbin boxes (about £2 or £3 with postage each).  Each box has 5 different colours.  There are only a couple which are a bit tight over the bobbin winding spindle, but I haven't found any issues at all in using any of them.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94302460@N03/
​E​
sets/

"Live like someone left the gate open". Kimberly Burnham

Jane Dunne

Thank you every one for your kind words. It is not easy and my condolences to each one here who has lost a family member or friend.
Hugs,
Jane

Sent from my iPad

prc

I have bought the blue ones before and I do not think they are the same quality as the clear ones with the "J" stamped on them.  I have had 5 or 6 of the blue bobbins break off on one end or the other.  I have never had one problem with the clear ones.

Paul

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

Hi Jane,
I'm so sorry about your daughter. I lost my son 3 years ago, and it is truly devastating.  I don't remember how I found them, but there's an international organization called Compassionate Friends.  It's a support group for parents, grandparents and siblings of the children we have lost.  You may already know about them, but by posting this, it may help other parents who are dealing with the loss of a child.  I find it comforting to be with people who know how I feel, and understand that everyone grieves differently.  There is no judgement or criticism, just people who know how you feel, and are there listen to and support the group members.  It's a unique situation where those who haven't experienced that loss can't feel the pain, no matter how they sympathize, and no one wants them to.  It's not for everyone, but it's there for anyone who might need some support.  Well meaning friends say it's "time to move on", and the group is there to remind us that there is no right or wrong way to feel or act.  I have no affiliation, and am not pushing it on anyone.  Everyone's experience is unique, and some may prefer not to share anything.  I mention it to people only to let them know it exists and is there for anyone.  I hope no one is offended by this post; it was only to let people know of one more resource for them if they want it. 

Jane Dunne

Thank you Sue. I appreciate knowing about this group.
Hugs,
Jane

Sent from my iPad