Blue and Pink Janome Bobbins

Can someone please tell me about the blue and pink bobbins that Janome sells? What are they used for, and how are they different from the normal clear Janome bobbin?

Norma Russen

Jane Dunne

Hi Norma,
They are no different. The pink ones represent breast cancer however I do forget what the blue ones represent. I have both colours because the price was right when I needed bobbins and I was supporting the breast cancer program at the same time having lost our eldest girl to breast cancer.

Jane

Sent from my iPad

blue_lak <no_reply@...>

There's no functional difference between the clear, blue, or pink bobbins. They were pricey when first available, but a bit lower now I think. Depending on how you store or organize your bobbins, they can be very useful for distinguishing different type or specialty threads. I use the pink for all cotton quilting, blue for polyester embroidery, and the clear for everything else related to regular sewing. Somehow I still manage to get the wrong bobbin into the wrong storage box but the wrong color bobbin is easy to spot.
Jan in MD

Vikki Youngmeyer

It’s advertising, plain and simple! Except for color, they are standard Janome bobbins identical to the clear ones. I have a set of pink that I store embroidery thread on when I have to use embroidery thread in the bobbin.

Vikki

Houston, TX

Can someone please tell me about the blue and pink bobbins that Janome sells? What are they used for, and how are they different from the normal clear Janome bobbin?

Norma Russen

Patricia Ward

​From what my dealer told me they are the same as the clear except they are colors.  I use the pink ones for winding quilting thread onto and the blue for embroidery thread.  That way I can tell them apart and have the thread that I may need to do either technique.  I figured  PQ ( pink quilt) so then the blue ( BcdE)  Blue/embroidery.

Pat ​

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 7:24 PM, Norma Russen njrussen@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Can someone please tell me about the blue and pink bobbins that Janome sells? What are they used for, and how are they different from the normal clear Janome bobbin?

Norma Russen

Cat - N

Actually, the pink (cherry blossom case) bobbins were "celebrating the 90th Anniversary of Janome Tokyo" because "pink cherry blossoms are a well known symbol of Japan."   http://janome.com/en/blog/were-tickled-pink-about-our-cherry-blossom-bobbin-pack/

I don't think I ever saw anything about the blue (butterfly case) motif marketing 'theme' except that it was a "Limited Edition Blue Butterfly Series" or something to that effect.

I got both because they are standard Janome bobbins in very pretty just colors with darling cases, thinking I would color code threads with them.  So far, I have not used them at all...just kept them in pristine condition because they are so lovely...and 'special, collector' bobbins, basically....LOL   The info does not seem to be on Janome's site anymore, only this remains:   http://janome.com/en/blog/special-offer-pink-and-blue-bobbins/

Which means...you guessed it...I have 'packrat'ed the beautiful pink and blue bobbins in their lovely, adorned cases, and have bought a bunch of clear Janome bobbins and pre-wound Janome bobbins for actual use, in addition to all the other Janome (and Kenmore) bobbins that I have been collecting for about the past 45 years or so...LOL.

Jane, I am so very sorry to hear about your eldest daughter.  I have lost several beloved, including a 22 year old nephew, his father, grandfather, uncle, and great grandfather, and now have a 30 year old nephew recently diagnosed....not to mention all the friends and other family members through the years, some of whom are still with us, including me.  It is a terrible thing to lose them and we have lots of terrible things that go wrong.  My very best to you...many hugs.

- Cat

- Cat

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10.