My 15000 on Apple TV -- YAAAAAAY!

stilljustjudy@...

Has anyone else had this happy-dance discovery recently???????

Last night I was looking at the apps on my new Apple TV.  (We upgraded to the one with Siri and the touch remote control -- LOVE it!)  What to my surprise: I saw that My 15000 was an available app to use on my Apple TV.  I quickly added it and am now even more overjoyed that I purchased this app.

I pondered a long time prior to buying the My 15000 app, and partly that was due to my general frustration with Janome for not providing better information such that buying an app would be necessary.  However, the investment was MORE than worth it!  I can't even believe how much work and thought went into My 15000.  The user-interface is lovely compared with the rather jerky UI designs put out by Janome for their apps.  Janome really should send their developers to Apple to learn how to take advantage of the creative possibilities on iOS.

While I've been enjoying My 15000 on my iPad Pro, I can now also view them on my HD TV since the app works on Apple TV.  Thanks VERY much to Jim and Diane.  They are constantly improving on their apps which are already superb! I appreciate how they hop on the Apple development and creative curve and step up to new challenges by doing things such as making their app available in the new Apple TV environment!

Super big cheers for Jim and Diane!  Can't wait for a few minutes to enjoy My 15000 on the big screen!  Their videos are definitely high quality and will be a pleasure to view from the comfort of my couch!

Judy B

cmgazerro@...

Hello!
Glad you are enjoying My 15000 App.  FYI:  the moderator of this group, Jim Stutsman and his wife Diane, are the creators of this App.  Jim has been instrumental to Janome since the inception of the first computerized Janome machine. He is a wealth .of technical support for these machines.  Two other of Jim's Apps are My 12000 and Footbook.  The Footbook covers the 7mm and 9 mm feet and attachments for the machines.  All these Apps are a wealth of knowledge for our machines and well worth the investment.
Carolyn

Anne Parker

Judy

One reason I bought 'us' the Apple TV at Christmas was because of the My 15000 app - which I haven't actually purchased yet. (I hate the touch control though!) I don't have any other Apple products so it was the only way I could get it other than buying an iPad - I really don't need anymore PC's, laptops, tablets, phones at this time.  My step-son lent me an iPad just after Christmas but I haven't even looked at it yet - I want to compare it to my Android devices which I love - to see whether I will buy one when the time does come to buy another device.

I also have the Footbook - but on DVD which Jim and Diane no longer produce, so I don't get the upgrades.  Just wondering Jim - is that or will it be available on Apple TV?

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"Live like someone left the gate open". Kimberly Burnham

 Taking a break from Netflix, Jim says:
FootBook, unlike the machine apps, is only 50% video. It does not lend itself well to Apple TV.

stilljustjudy@...

Hi Anne,

Don't worry too much about the touch control.  It's all about adapting to new things, and at my age (63) it's great to keep learning.  My son-in-law was on the team that prepared Siri for release on the Apple TV, but I still didn't get to see the new Apple TV until the day of it's product release when I was in Cupertino visiting with the fam.  The touch control can be adjusted in Settings, so if you're on a learning curve, and you prefer the response to be slowed down, you can do that.  My touch on the new touch pad still makes blunders, but I just press the menu button, and it's all good again.  Enjoy, and do let us know how you enjoy the My 15000 app on Apple TV.  I tried it for the first time last night, and -- WOW! -- was it ever fun!

Judy B

Anne Parker

Judy

I intend to get the app soon - got my 63rd birthday coming up in May so will be a present to myself, along with Digitizer 5.

I actually don't like any touch system. I much prefer a mouse and keyboard - I guess it's from years of working with computers since around 1972 when it was all keyboard and there wasn't even a mouse!  We don't use Siri - don't like voice control either - and also don't use Cortana on my Windows 10 laptop - gosh I sound a real grump!

I even prefer the button controls on my Diva than the touch pad on the 15000 - though I always use a phone stylus on it anyway, not my fingers.

Thanks for reminding me about changing the setting for the remote - I did read the whole manual when we got it (especially as I had to set it up - husband is a technophobe!) but had forgotten about that - think it's on the mid setting at the moment.  As you say Menu solves everything - and I guess I need to get to grips with touch pads as that is the way everything is going.

One thing I wonder is how poor sighted people manage with touch devices - at least you can feel something when it has buttons - which is why I find it easy to type without having to look at the keyboard.

Anyway I digress - once I get the App up on Apple TV will let people know my thoughts!