Has anyone used the free Pulse Ambassador to resize designs?

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

I recently purchased Anita Goodesign's Brick Door Stoppers and haven't made one yet but in reading through the materials they mention the Pulse Ambassador resizing program which is free here:
http://ambassador.pulsemicro.com.  You do have to register.

It allowed me to resize and save in .jef format although the program's default is to look for something in the .pxf format.  I haven't tried to resize any of the Anita Goodesigns yet.

Although it is mentioned somewhere to be careful when you resize and test the designs, the program enabled me to resize something that had once fit the SQ14 hoop to something that fits the GR hoop.  It was just a cord wrap so there may be no problem and it LOOKS okay when the EmbLink tool opens it.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with this type of program or if I'm just wasting my time fooling around with this.

Thanks.

Ceil

helencreamore@...

I have never used this particular program but from past experience with other programs the thing to keep an eye on is the stitch count . If you are making the design larger or smaller and the stitch count doesn't change much you will get stitching with wide gaps or densely stitched , one on top of the other.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 17, 2016, at 12:33 PM, ceilsews <no_reply@...> wrote:

[...]

Helen,
Thank you.  I have no digitizing experience and didn't know what to look for.
I took a design that was 3in by 3.75 and had a stitch count on the Pulse Ambassador of 4912.  (When I opened it in the EmbLink the stitch count was given as 5,269- have no idea why they're different.)
I enlarged the design to see what would happen to 6in (and it enlarges the other dimension so it stays aligned) and the stitch count went to 4,944.  There is also an adjustment for density which is listed as 4pt for both.  I changed it to 5pt but that did not affect the stitch count.  Guess I'm going to have to break down and stitch some of these out to see what happens but I didn't want to waste my time or materials.
Thank you for your input!
Ceil

helencreamore@...

I always wish there was a way to test without wasting time and materials. Good luck and I will be curious to hear how it turns out.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 18, 2016, at 9:29 AM, ceilsews <no_reply@...> wrote:

Helen,
Thank you.  I have no digitizing experience and didn't know what to look for.
I took a design that was 3in by 3.75 and had a stitch count on the Pulse Ambassador of 4912.  (When I opened it in the EmbLink the stitch count was given as 5,269- have no idea why they're different.)
I enlarged the design to see what would happen to 6in (and it enlarges the other dimension so it stays aligned) and the stitch count went to 4,944.  There is also an adjustment for density which is listed as 4pt for both.  I changed it to 5pt but that did not affect the stitch count.  Guess I'm going to have to break down and stitch some of these out to see what happens but I didn't want to waste my time or materials.
Thank you for your input!
Ceil

Pixey

I've recently used this program. I had bought some free motions style quilting designs from the Anita Goodesign line.  I wanted resize some that were close in shape but a little too big for the AQS and GR hoops and I've found the process doesn't work very well trying to modify this type of JEF file (basically one long run stitch line) in MBX (either Easy Edit or Easy Design).  But I loaded the .pxf resizable native file provided in the Anita Goodesign disc into the Ambassador software and it did a good job of reshaping/resizing for my Janome hoops without making the shapes look distorted.

Regards,
Pixey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Sunday, January 17, 2016, 6:49 PM, ceilsews

[...]

Pixey,
Do you remember to what percent you changed the designs?  I'm interested to know if you went over the 20% mark.  And glad to hear that someone else has used this free program!
Thanks,
Ceil

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

I've had the program for quite a while, but when I went to try it out again lately, couldn't figure out how to use it 😕  Same thing with Wilcom TrueSizer.  I have Wilcom (another impulse purchase) and I can't remember how to use that either!   I don't need to do much - resize, combine or adjust designs.  I can figure out color changes on my own,  I think whatever I use, I need one on one instruction.  I wonder if my Janome dealer would include some simple instruction on Horizon Link. I even hesitate to try Embird, even though it's relatively inexpensive.  Or I could just stick to sewing, and only use designs that need no alterations!  Right now, I have plenty of sewing to occupy my time.

Vikki Youngmeyer

I know the subject link is about Pulse Ambassador, but part of the email had a request about the Horizon Link program.

“Simple instruction” for the Horizon Link program is an oxymoron! My LQS wants me to teach a course but not spend a lot of time doing so to maximize profit. I’ve found the best support from the 15000 app on the IPad. Use that in conjunction with the 15000 manual and one can figure out most of what is going on. I just finished putting together a small wall-hanging  - 9 patch - 20” x 20”. The main problems I had was getting the templates to line up with the quilt area. I don’t have the Clothsetter, but don’t know if it really would have helped me. I could get the interior squares lined up and stitched out just fine. I didn’t allow 4” of extra fabric all the way around the outside of the quilt, so had to use painters tape on two sides of some blocks to get things stabilized. Once I figured out which created files could be edited or not edited that was a milestone.

For me, it’s not likely I will use Horizon Link to quilt anything, as I have a long arm quilter. However, I know now how to use it, and the stitching is superb. I worked on a Hoop Sisters Double Wedding Ring quilt and got very frustrated with the “fussiness” of it – taking the hoops on and off and changing the threads for multiple blocks, and one didn’t even have to line up the blocks like you do when quilting. Setting up the designs, once figured out, was not an issue!

Vikki

Houston,TX

I've had the program for quite a while, but when I went to try it out again lately, couldn't figure out how to use it 😕  Same thing with Wilcom TrueSizer.  I have Wilcom (another impulse purchase) and I can't remember how to use that either!   I don't need to do much - resize, combine or adjust designs.  I can figure out color changes on my own,  I think whatever I use, I need one on one instruction.  I wonder if my Janome dealer would include some simple instruction on Horizon Link. I even hesitate to try Embird, even though it's relatively inexpensive.  Or I could just stick to sewing, and only use designs that need no alterations!  Right now, I have plenty of sewing to occupy my time.

Susan

Embird is my program of choice.  They have videos on how to use it, and if you have any questions Balarad responds almost immediately.  Customer service is the best.  (No, I don't work for them - just very satisfied.)  I've had the program for many years.  I can edit and convert easily.  Hope you find something that works for you.