Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Re: Sewing Hoopsister's Blocks

Oh Cas, I hope you're on the mend now. I can imagine you are going to be out of commission for awhile.

I have a hard surface (vinyl) for flooring. We chose to omit the castors and just use the square, tapered legs for feet with heavy felt pads on the bottom of them so the desk could be moved more easily. It IS VERY HEAVY, but most people like the castors. I have a drafting chair in which I removed the castors and put chair glides with felt pads on the feet as it kept rolling around everywhere. I didn't have the appropriate castors for hard surfaces and ended up on my butt one day! :)

I have the Fashion 109 (formerly Roberts) lift with auto stop which has the fins you mentioned. It hasn't been a problem for me so far, but fortunately I have been able to adjust the chair. I am not on the platform (just the desk is) and about 4" had to been removed from the floor of the knee well to get my chair close enough.

There is a lot of planning and adjusting to any of these desks and fortunately my husband has been a good sport so far. I've always got him working on some project, poor guy! :)  I'm sure you'll be able to resolve these problems and our individual needs are always different. Good luck with it and get well soon!
Blessings
Lyn