Adjusting stitch density ...? Seam guide ...? Touch screen ...?

Pru Joy

I can see on AcuDesign that the stitch density is automatically adjusted when you change the size of the design to fit a different hoop. Β However I am not sure if this also applies when changing the size of a design on the mc15000 ... Does it readjust the stitch density?

Plus I am wondering when using the embroidery arm seam guide if anyone else has found that the fabric can take up a millimetre or two of the seam allowance (depending on its thickness). Β I have to adjust it for that before sewing the seam.

And yes Anne I also have been hesitant to use the sharp end of the screen stylus on the screen. Β I usually use the rounded end or my knuckle if I feel my fingertip is a bit too moist.

Cheryl Paul

Good Morning,

I haven't tried the AcuDesign to see if the stitch count changes but I do know that on the 15000 it does not. Β You only Increase or decrease the size and the stitch count stays the same, so you then get less or more density.

I have had an embroidery machine with the same type of screen for over 10 years, my MC10000 did not have a stylus, but the 11000 did and I didn't know about the blunt end rubber stylus that I was able to get for my iPad, which I don't use as it is not convenient. Β However, back to the one that come with the sewing machine, I have used it always and it has never been a problem. Β My MC11000 has as perfect a screen as you could have after 10 years of sewing, using the white styles and my finger. Β No scratches that I'm aware of, Β I'd have to ask my daughter to check as the 11000 now lives at her house. Β The white styles won't hurt the screen, but you NEVER just jab it, gentle does it just fine.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

---In janome12000@..., <prujoy@...> wrote :

I can see on AcuDesign that the stitch density is automatically adjusted when you change the size of the design to fit a different hoop. Β However I am not sure if this also applies when changing the size of a design on the mc15000 ... Does it readjust the stitch density?

Plus I am wondering when using the embroidery arm seam guide if anyone else has found that the fabric can take up a millimetre or two of the seam allowance (depending on its thickness). Β I have to adjust it for that before sewing the seam.

And yes Anne I also have been hesitant to use the sharp end of the screen stylus on the screen. Β I usually use the rounded end or my knuckle if I feel my fingertip is a bit too moist.

Pru Joy

Thanks so much for pointing that out Cheryl, it hadn't occurred to me to check the stitch counts before & after resizing, duhhhh!, lol!