15000 thread breakage

Lynne Keller <lynne.keller51@...>

For all of you who have the 15,000 I have a question.  I am having a terrible time with thread breaking. I have tried about everything I can think of to fix this issue. My machines do not seem to like floriani thread which I have a ton. I have tried Robison Anton which seems somewhat better.  I have put the thread on a separate holder and guide.  I have purple janome needles in my machine.  I have the embroidery bobbin case in.  I put janome bobbin thread on the bobbin and still have many thread breaks especially when embroidering. I am very frustrated with this machine. I have an appt with my dealer on Tuesday but wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or any help!!  I am ready to toss the machine out the window but it cost too much!!!  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

Lynne Keller <lynne.keller51@...>

Thank you Jim.  I will try those things.
Lynne

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2015 7:05 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: 15000 thread breakage

If you are using Janome bobbin thread you don't need to use the embroidery bobbin case. Switch to the red dot case. Also check/clean the area shown on page 159 of the manual. Debris in there can cause thread breakage. If this does not help have your dealer check for rough places in the hook race.

Jim Stutsman

You don't need the yellow dot bobbin case when using Janome bobbin thread. Switch to the red dot case. Also check/clean the area shown on page 159 of the instruction book. If this doesn't help have your dealer check the hook race for rough spots or damage.

Virginia

I know that is what some have been told Jim, however the yellow bobbin case removes the issues many are having with the bobbin thread showing on the top when using white on the bottom and dark on the top.  Hate to say this but I disagree I use the yellow dot bobbin case every time I do embroidery and never had had an issue.  I  have the 12,000 since it first arrived and never have had an issue.  I use everything from regular thread with it, pre-wounds and embroidery and it never fails me. 

I have my machine serviced every 3 months and use it for hours on end mostly for embroidery. Never have had an issue with the bobbin case.  Stil using the original one.  

Virginia

-----Original Message-----
To: janome12000
Sent: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 7:33 am
Subject: [janome12000] Re: 15000 thread breakage

You don't need the yellow dot bobbin case when using Janome bobbin thread. Switch to the red dot case. Also check/clean the area shown on page 159 of the instruction book. If this doesn't help have your dealer check the hook race for rough spots or damage.

Virginia

I agree Floriani thread is not the best.  I have had horrible experiences with it shredding as well.  I always use my yellow dot bobbin case for embroidering and have a thread guide on the back of my machine.  I also only use Red  Janome needles which are 90/14 and I use them for everything except for a very dense design such as Anita Goodesign collections then I use Microtex 80 which have a really sharp point.  

It is good you have an appt with your dealer bring a sample of some of what you are having issues with he may be able to help.

Virginia

Sent: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 7:01 am
Subject: [janome12000] 15000 thread breakage

For all of you who have the 15,000 I have a question.  I am having a terrible time with thread breaking. I have tried about everything I can think of to fix this issue. My machines do not seem to like floriani thread which I have a ton. I have tried Robison Anton which seems somewhat better.  I have put the thread on a separate holder and guide.  I have purple janome needles in my machine.  I have the embroidery bobbin case in.  I put janome bobbin thread on the bobbin and still have many thread breaks especially when embroidering. I am very frustrated with this machine. I have an appt with my dealer on Tuesday but wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or any help!!  I am ready to toss the machine out the window but it cost too much!!!  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

HEATHER COWAN

Troubleshooting is a patience game.   Only try one change at a time.  Before you blame the machine try the easy stuff.   I know that thread can be of varying quality and not all expensive thread works well.  If thread is old or dry it can be problematic.  
I would clean my machine bobbin race area (check for burrs, nicks and don't forget to oil the wick and clean the bobbin holder).  Clean and check the thread path.  Put in a new needle making sure it is seated up high enough as it makes a huge difference if it is sitting too low.  Use a regular thread top and bobbin and do straight stitch.  If it is good do a zig zag.  If that is good then the machine is basically okay for sewing.
  Put in embroidery thread and bobbin thread and do a simple design like a quilt design.  If thread breaks ...... Try a different brand of thread with everything else the same.  If thread breaks try one other brand of thread.  If the thread breaks ..... It is not the thread.   I would then visit the dealer and do a stitch out while they watch my process just in case I am doing something wrong.  This also gives them a start point for their troubleshooting.  Do not give up on this great machine.  When it is working well for you... It will be trouble free and you can really enjoy it.
Heather

Pam O'Kane

I have to agree with Florianni not performing as well as some threads.  After a lot of frustration, breakage, and shredding I pulled out my robison Anton poly and it performs without an issue.  I also use a large eye needle.  Results on my 12000 post change are stellar.
Pam

Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:35:19 -0500
Subject: Re: [janome12000] 15000 thread breakage

I agree Floriani thread is not the best.  I have had horrible experiences with it shredding as well.  I always use my yellow dot bobbin case for embroidering and have a thread guide on the back of my machine.  I also only use Red  Janome needles which are 90/14 and I use them for everything except for a very dense design such as Anita Goodesign collections then I use Microtex 80 which have a really sharp point.  

It is good you have an appt with your dealer bring a sample of some of what you are having issues with he may be able to help.

Virginia

Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

cas <cas@...>

I had a lot of breakage when I used a separate thread stand and had the best results when I put the spool on the horizontal spool holder using the little “extra large spool holder” doo-dad to hold the spool in place.  I had to order the spool holder from the dealer but they were inexpensive, two for around $9 I think.  Here’s a picture of them: http://www.amazon.com/Janome-Special-Spool-Holder-Horizontal/dp/B00V5AB6FW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1447093596&sr=8-5&keywords=janome+spool+holder

When I have to use my thread stand with large cones I  clip a metal office clip on the base of the horizontal spool holder and run the thread through the handles of it so that it is a more direct path, similar to when it is threaded from the horizontal pin.  Here is a pic of them: http://www.amazon.com/Lovely-Printing-Style-Binder-Clamps/dp/B00L2A5JRG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1447093716&sr=8-3&keywords=metal+office+clips&pebp=1447093755734&perid=16PP6MTQ2GY8M9P2D421

I’ve seen many people state they have issues with Floriani thread and the 15000 for some reason.  I bought some but haven’t tried it yet.
Cas

Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2015 8:44 PM

For all of you who have the 15,000 I have a question.  I am having a terrible time with thread breaking. I have tried about everything I can think of to fix this issue. My machines do not seem to like floriani thread which I have a ton. I have tried Robison Anton which seems somewhat better.  I have put the thread on a separate holder and guide.  I have purple janome needles in my machine.  I have the embroidery bobbin case in.  I put janome bobbin thread on the bobbin and still have many thread breaks especially when embroidering. I am very frustrated with this machine. I have an appt with my dealer on Tuesday but wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or any help!!  I am ready to toss the machine out the window but it cost too much!!!  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

maggie cooper

First of all, Florianni thread IS good thread, but it needs some extra help to run smoothly and not shred. Back in the late 90s I read a tip about FuFu threads, (a brand I did try but plumped for Madeira poly) FuFu thread is rebranded as Florianiit's a loose twist floss which fluffs out to give good coverage, so to help it run users were told to thread it through a polystyrene bean. Since then RnK distributers have come up with a silicon impregnated stabilizer, it does two things, lubricates the thread so helping to prevent shredding, and provides a useful coating against adhesive spray gumming up needles and thread.

Now I don't own a 15000 or 12000, don't use Floriani threads or stabilisers, but I do use embroiderers silicon spray, Silicone Spray for Embroidery Machines - Safe For Embroidery Thread - AllStitch Embroidery Supplies

I give the underside of my stabiliser a gentle spritz of the spray, not the thread,  I use 505 quilters adhesive spray and I never get gummed up needles or threads. I don't get thread shredding or breaking, I do change my needle/s frequently, I use a Janome 9900 and a Tajima single head 15 needle industrial embroidery machine. Until I started using embroiderers silicon spray on my stabilisers I did get shredding threads and breaks, since using it, those have all but disappeared. 

I've only found one thread that none of my machines liked, my MC10k v3 would instantly chew it up and spit it back at me, my old 12 needle Toyota industrial machine tangle it up, my old Brother sewing machine would chop it into bits, my  MC 8200 skips stitches and shreds if I use it and my Janome overlocker and my cover pro both refuse to entertain it as does my Tajima industrial. The thread, Janome's own brand. I can use cheapo Indian threads no problems, just have to lower my stitching speed, I use a variety of thread brands but favour Madeira Polyneon and Kingstar poly, both make all my machines purr contentedly. So before you bin the the threads or machine, try a gentle mist of silicon spray on the back of your stabiliser or some of Floriani's silicon impregnated stabiliser, you never know it might be all the thread needs.

Maggie Cooper UK

Janet

I am having problems too.    I am working on an Anita Goodesign block using Floriani thread.    Thought my machine was malfunctioning ugggg

Janet

On Nov 9, 2015, at 1:30 PM, 'cas' cas@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I had a lot of breakage when I used a separate thread stand and had the best results when I put the spool on the horizontal spool holder using the little “extra large spool holder” doo-dad to hold the spool in place.  I had to order the spool holder from the dealer but they were inexpensive, two for around $9 I think.  Here’s a picture of them: http://www.amazon.com/Janome-Special-Spool-Holder-Horizontal/dp/B00V5AB6FW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1447093596&sr=8-5&keywords=janome+spool+holder

When I have to use my thread stand with large cones I  clip a metal office clip on the base of the horizontal spool holder and run the thread through the handles of it so that it is a more direct path, similar to when it is threaded from the horizontal pin.  Here is a pic of them: http://www.amazon.com/Lovely-Printing-Style-Binder-Clamps/dp/B00L2A5JRG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1447093716&sr=8-3&keywords=metal+office+clips&pebp=1447093755734&perid=16PP6MTQ2GY8M9P2D421

I’ve seen many people state they have issues with Floriani thread and the 15000 for some reason.  I bought some but haven’t tried it yet.
Cas

Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2015 8:44 PM

For all of you who have the 15,000 I have a question.  I am having a terrible time with thread breaking. I have tried about everything I can think of to fix this issue. My machines do not seem to like floriani thread which I have a ton. I have tried Robison Anton which seems somewhat better.  I have put the thread on a separate holder and guide.  I have purple janome needles in my machine.  I have the embroidery bobbin case in.  I put janome bobbin thread on the bobbin and still have many thread breaks especially when embroidering. I am very frustrated with this machine. I have an appt with my dealer on Tuesday but wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or any help!!  I am ready to toss the machine out the window but it cost too much!!!  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

malehto

I use a thread stand with my Floriani threads. I use the little doohickey (thread guide) that comes with the 5-spool thread stand made specifically for the 12000/15000, (Part #03325515). The guide fits in the additional spool pin hole. If you want to use the actual stand you need to loosen a couple setscrews on the back of the machine and attach the thread stand, then tighten the screws. The only pain: If you need to transport the machine you will probably want  to remove the spool stand.

Love my Floriani threads.

Mary in TX

Claire Schutz

For those of you with the thread problems I would suggest you try BFC Creations thread in the "STASH" folder.  Check it out on the site, have used this on the 11K as well as the 15K, several different Pfaff machines, as well as Brother.  Many have tried it and found it to be the answer, the service you get from Suz is amazing and very satisfying. This is good thread, has other products for your designs and VERY good service. Would suggest looking into this thread, etc, Claire S.  I have no personal connection with this person, just a very satisfied customer,

On 11/9/2015 11:31 AM, Pam O KANE PKOKANE1@... [janome12000] wrote:

I have to agree with Florianni not performing as well as some threads.  After a lot of frustration, breakage, and shredding I pulled out my robison Anton poly and it performs without an issue.  I also use a large eye needle.  Results on my 12000 post change are stellar.
Pam

Virginia

Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

Nicole Schmidt-Nutt

I've used a lot of superior thread and have really liked them. I don't have any affiliates with them, just a very satisfied customer.  I also use their thread stand.  It works great and don't have much issues with thread due to it.  It also has a converter for metallic threads.

Nicole

On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:43 AM, "Claire Schutz cyschutz@... [janome12000]" wrote:

For those of you with the thread problems I would suggest you try BFC Creations thread in the "STASH" folder.  Check it out on the site, have used this on the 11K as well as the 15K, several different Pfaff machines, as well as Brother.  Many have tried it and found it to be the answer, the service you get from Suz is amazing and very satisfying. This is good thread, has other products for your designs and VERY good service. Would suggest looking into this thread, etc, Claire S.  I have no personal connection with this person, just a very satisfied customer,

Pam

Virginia

Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

Linda M

I really like Marathon Threads.  Great price, no breakage.

Linda

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM, nicole schmidt nhs5@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I've used a lot of superior thread and have really liked them. I don't have any affiliates with them, just a very satisfied customer.  I also use their thread stand.  It works great and don't have much issues with thread due to it.  It also has a converter for metallic threads.

Nicole

On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:43 AM, "Claire Schutz cyschutz@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

I have to agree with Florianni not performing as well as some threads.  After a lot of frustration, breakage, and shredding I pulled out my robison Anton poly and it performs without an issue.  I also use a large eye needle.  Results on my 12000 post change are stellar.
Pam

I agree Floriani thread is not the best.  I have had horrible experiences with it shredding as well.  I always use my yellow dot bobbin case for embroidering and have a thread guide on the back of my machine.  I also only use Red  Janome needles which are 90/14 and I use them for everything except for a very dense design such as Anita Goodesign collections then I use Microtex 80 which have a really sharp point.  

Virginia

For all of you who have the 15,000 I have a question.  I am having a terrible time with thread breaking. I have tried about everything I can think of to fix this issue. My machines do not seem to like floriani thread which I have a ton. I have tried Robison Anton which seems somewhat better.  I have put the thread on a separate holder and guide.  I have purple janome needles in my machine.  I have the embroidery bobbin case in.  I put janome bobbin thread on the bobbin and still have many thread breaks especially when embroidering. I am very frustrated with this machine. I have an appt with my dealer on Tuesday but wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or any help!!  I am ready to toss the machine out the window but it cost too much!!!  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

--
Linda M.

J Fraker

I was having a problem with thread breakage while fmq.  I skipped the last thread guide right before the needle and that solved the problem.

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:45 PM

Linda

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM, nicole schmidt nhs5@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Nicole

On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:43 AM, "Claire Schutz cyschutz@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

I have to agree with Florianni not performing as well as some threads.  After a lot of frustration, breakage, and shredding I pulled out my robison Anton poly and it performs without an issue.  I also use a large eye needle.  Results on my 12000 post change are stellar.
Pam

I agree Floriani thread is not the best.  I have had horrible experiences with it shredding as well.  I always use my yellow dot bobbin case for embroidering and have a thread guide on the back of my machine.  I also only use Red  Janome needles which are 90/14 and I use them for everything except for a very dense design such as Anita Goodesign collections then I use Microtex 80 which have a really sharp point.  

Virginia

For all of you who have the 15,000 I have a question.  I am having a terrible time with thread breaking. I have tried about everything I can think of to fix this issue. My machines do not seem to like floriani thread which I have a ton. I have tried Robison Anton which seems somewhat better.  I have put the thread on a separate holder and guide.  I have purple janome needles in my machine.  I have the embroidery bobbin case in.  I put janome bobbin thread on the bobbin and still have many thread breaks especially when embroidering. I am very frustrated with this machine. I have an appt with my dealer on Tuesday but wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or any help!!  I am ready to toss the machine out the window but it cost too much!!!  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

--
Linda M.

Janet

Ok since I have changed my needle to a 80/12 sharp Schmetz needle I have not had any issues.   So all is good.  I am working on a Christmas quilt using Anita Goodesign in the hoop quilt blocks with a lot of stitches.   Using Floriani thread.    I was using 75/11 embroidery needle   The thread keep breaking and shredding with that size needle.   Have 15 blocks done.  Only 34 more to go😁.    I work outside the home so I can only do 1 or 2 blocks a night.   Keeping my speed at 600 spm.     Weekends I am hoping to get at least 10 done.   Takes about 1 1/2 hours to stitch out with all the color changes.   When I figure out how to post it I will.   

On another note I have been playing with Accdesign.   Kind of loving it.   The clothesline threw me off a bit but once I got the hing of it I was able to combine parts of one design with another.   Feeling very smart about now.  Could not have done it without the videos.    

I also wanted to thank all of you.   You advice really is encouraging.    

Janet

On Nov 10, 2015, at 7:52 PM, J Fraker frakersfunnyfarm@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I was having a problem with thread breakage while fmq.  I skipped the last thread guide right before the needle and that solved the problem.

From: "Linda M linlefmul@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:45 PM

Linda

Nicole

Pam

Virginia

Thanks, Lynne

Sent from my iPad

--
Linda M.