From: "jim.stutsman@... [janome12000]"
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2015 7:05 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: 15000 thread breakage

If you are using Janome bobbin thread you don't need to use the embroidery bobbin case. Switch to the red dot case. Also check/clean the area shown on page 159 of the manual. Debris in there can cause thread breakage. If this does not help have your dealer check for rough places in the hook race.

Jim Stutsman

You don't need the yellow dot bobbin case when using Janome bobbin thread. Switch to the red dot case. Also check/clean the area shown on page 159 of the instruction book. If this doesn't help have your dealer check the hook race for rough spots or damage.

Virginia

I know that is what some have been told Jim, however the yellow bobbin case removes the issues many are having with the bobbin thread showing on the top when using white on the bottom and dark on the top.  Hate to say this but I disagree I use the yellow dot bobbin case every time I do embroidery and never had had an issue.  I  have the 12,000 since it first arrived and never have had an issue.  I use everything from regular thread with it, pre-wounds and embroidery and it never fails me.

I have my machine serviced every 3 months and use it for hours on end mostly for embroidery. Never have had an issue with the bobbin case.  Stil using the original one.

Virginia

From: janome12000@...
To: janome12000@...
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:35:19 -0500
Subject: Re: [janome12000] 15000 thread breakage

From: janome12000@...
To: janome12000@...
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:35:19 -0500

[...]

Nicole Schmidt-Nutt

I've used a lot of superior thread and have really liked them. I don't have any affiliates with them, just a very satisfied customer.  I also use their thread stand.  It works great and don't have much issues with thread due to it.  It also has a converter for metallic threads.

Nicole

From: janome12000@...
To: janome12000@...
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:35:19 -0500

[...]

Linda M

I really like Marathon Threads.  Great price, no breakage.

Linda

From: janome12000@...
To: janome12000@...
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:35:19 -0500

--
Linda M.

J Fraker

I was having a problem with thread breakage while fmq.  I skipped the last thread guide right before the needle and that solved the problem.

From: janome12000@...
To: janome12000@...
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:35:19 -0500

[...]

Janet

Ok since I have changed my needle to a 80/12 sharp Schmetz needle I have not had any issues.   So all is good.  I am working on a Christmas quilt using Anita Goodesign in the hoop quilt blocks with a lot of stitches.   Using Floriani thread.    I was using 75/11 embroidery needle   The thread keep breaking and shredding with that size needle.   Have 15 blocks done.  Only 34 more to go😁.    I work outside the home so I can only do 1 or 2 blocks a night.   Keeping my speed at 600 spm.     Weekends I am hoping to get at least 10 done.   Takes about 1 1/2 hours to stitch out with all the color changes.   When I figure out how to post it I will.

On another note I have been playing with Accdesign.   Kind of loving it.   The clothesline threw me off a bit but once I got the hing of it I was able to combine parts of one design with another.   Feeling very smart about now.  Could not have done it without the videos.

I also wanted to thank all of you.   You advice really is encouraging.

Janet

From: janome12000@...
To: janome12000@...
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:35:19 -0500