MBX5

favymtz

Look at Trevor Conquergood's website, Sunset Stitches. He's going to be doing a free informational webinar on MBX5 next week, Oct 29. You have to sign up in advance.

cmgazerro@...

Faviola,

Can you give me the the link to Trevor's webinar.  Searched but could not find it.
Thanks,
Carolyn

favymtz

The link for Trevor is:
www.Sunsetstitches.com
Look on left side of the page for Digitizer Workshop which will link you to the place for more info. to sign up.

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

There was nothing on the left side of the page that linked to the webinar on my page.  Maybe you have to already be a member for this to work?  However, I did find a lot of segments on YouTube, some of them long and some with MBX SunsetStitches

Virginia

The Digitizer workshop sign up is only through December 2015.  It does not list the new Version 5.0.  I am sure Trevor will send out a link later on.
Virginia

-----Original Message-----
To: janome12000
Sent: Tue, Oct 20, 2015 7:53 am
Subject: [janome12000] Re: MBX5

The link for Trevor is:
www.Sunsetstitches.com
Look on left side of the page for Digitizer Workshop which will link you to the place for more info. to sign up.

cmgazerro@...

On the website The workshops on 4.5 but not 5. I emailed Trevor for any info he may have.
Carolyn

edw9192003@...

Can you upgrade from MBX4 to MBX5 without going thru
the MBX4.5 upgrade?
Thanks
Margaret

Needing an upgrade himself, Jim says:
Since nothing has been revealed about MBX 5 it's hard to say. In the past it's been possible to upgrade across more than one version, and I suspect that will be true from 4 to 5, without a trip through 4.5. However I am not a credible authority, so I would recommend that you wait and see.

Shirley <lov2sew@...>

Trevor’s webinar

How To Join The Webinar

Thu, Oct 29, 2015 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM PDT

Add to Calendar: Outlook® Calendar | Google Calendar™ | iCal®

1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:

https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/9083459551485047298/905737552

Virginia

The link says it is not yet available for attendees.

-----Original Message-----
To: janome12000
Sent: Tue, Oct 20, 2015 5:56 pm
Subject: [janome12000] MBX5

Trevor’s webinar

How To Join The Webinar
Thu, Oct 29, 2015 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM PDT
1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:

maggie cooper

The V5 upgrade can be used for Digitiser Pro Mb V3 through to MBX 4.5, you don't need the interim upgrade  V4.5. Older versions than V3 wont be able to upgrade to V5.

Maggie Cooper UK.

favymtz

If you can see the place on the Sunset Stitches homepage that says " Digitizer Workshop" you click on it then a new page opens with description of the series of classes. The class on October 29 is the FREE overview of MBX v 5. Anyone can sign up for it, you don't have to be a subscribed member.
Hope this helps you find it!

Anne Parker

From the information I've read yes you will be able to upgrade from v4 to v5 - but I'd double check when there is more info available - probably next month I expect, with the new machines coming out.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94302460@N03/sets/

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance". Anon

Anne Parker

That link appears to be just to join the webinar - not to actually register for it in the first place.  To register seems to be only reachable by those that are signed up to Trevors site and are already buying his lessons, so it is free to those that are already buying something in the first place it seems.

Anne

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance". Anon

edw9192003@...

Maggie, thanks for the information.

Margaret

Cheryl Paul

You can email Trevor and I’m sure he will send you the correct link. You may have to register into his site, so that he can send you the link when the time comes for the webinar. I think his email is on the Sunset Stitches website.

I just had a short visit with him last Saturday and I never thought of asking what was new in Version 5. I was also able to buy a couple 64MB, yes “megabyte” USB’s from his Dad and Mom. I guess they ordered a “FEW” a couple years ago, when their business was open 5 days a week. The Janome 350E apparently does not like any that are over 128 MB or so a friend tells me. She owns that machine. When the USB’s started going to the 1-4 gigabytes, we were able to clear out a chain store of ALL their USB’s that were 512 MB’s and under. She took all the smaller ones and gave me the 512’s as she said her 350E didn’t like them at all. My 11000 never had any problems with them, but they were much slower than the PC Cards to load designs into the machine.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

favymtz

ok, here's the exact link you can use to sign up for the free webinar!
I hope this helps! He says that non members are welcome to attend the webinar!

Julie

I was able to register for it and I have not bought any lessons.  It appears to be free for anyone that wants to sign up. 

Julie

Re: MBX5

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:34 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Anne Parker" annegparker6

That link appears to be just to join the webinar - not to actually register
for it in the first place. To register seems to be only reachable by those
that are signed up to Trevors site and are already buying his lessons, so
it is free to those that are already buying something in the first place it
seems.

Anne

Anne Parker

Cheryl

I have the 15000 but I use a loan 350E from my instructor when I go to my embroidery group.  I use the same 2GB USB on both machines.

When I first used it on the 350E it created a folder EmbF5.  I now put the 350E designs in that folder and the 15000 ones outside of it.  It works fine for me.

Anne

Anne Parker

Thanks for the link.

I have now signed up for it - though it seems I may not be able to make it as my step-son has got us tickets to a 'bonfire night' celebration being held on 29th.  It's to 'celebrate' the attempted blowing up of the British Parliment on Nov 5th 1605 by Guy Fawkes and is a well celebrated day in UK, though the 'bonfires and fireworks' tend to be held on dates around the day depending on when the organised celebrations can be booked. - you can read about it here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

It sounds though as if Trevor will be making it available on You-tube as well - hope so.

Anne

Cheryl Paul

Thanks Anne for the info on the USB 2GB sticks and the 350E. I was just repeating what my friend told me. I’ve embroidered on that machine at my former dealers. I haven’t had issues loading designs since about 2004 when I discovered the filing system. I think a digital camera I bought in that time frame as well, helped me to understand as the one I used buried the pictures even one file deeper than my sewing machine did. Also George Conquergood, Trevor’s Dad, made the comment that the 350E liked the smaller USB sticks better. Anyway it doesn’t matter as they are not easy to obtain in a comfortable way, so it is good that the larger ones will work.

Anne, I’m also very glad that you do the research you do, as it helps all of us on this forum to understand things better - Thank you.

Cheryl - Saskatoon