From: "susies.stitches@... [janome12000]"
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 5:40 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Thread storage

Being a little slow on the uptake, I finally realized I needed more than my current haphazard method to store my thread.  I have both the 1100 yard embroidery thread spools and regular size spools of quilting thread.  I opened up a big can of worms by looking them up online.  There were so many that now I'm totally confused :-(  I'm leaning toward one of the wooden 120 spool racks, but not sure how sturdy any of them are, and if they will truly hold the embroidery thread with the wide bases. I've been using the clear OESD  boxes but not only are they somewhat fragile, they don't seem to be available anywhere.  I'd appreciate any comments any of you have had with storing thread,  When I'm confronted with too many choices, I just shut down from confusion!  Thanks so much for your help.

juliadlf1 <no_reply@...>

I use ArtBin storage boxes for my thread both large and small cones. I also invested in the insert to hold the spools inside the boxes. Not cheap but neither is the cost of all the thread I have.  I prefer to keep everything dust free and stored out of direct sunlight. I got my storage boxes on Amazon when they run sales. I am sure they sell them on other sites as well.

If you check Amazon regarding the wall spool rack holders, you can read reviews on the feedback for the spool racks and what size spools they can accommodate.

Good luck.

Janet

I use these plastic containers I got from Joane's.   The are see through and hold about 36 spools.   I put same brand and like colors together.   I have one I keep empty.  As I am working on a project I can pull it out and put the ones I am using for the project and have everything together.

Janet

On May 19, 2015, at 9:06 AM, J Fraker frakersfunnyfarm@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I use a wooden spool rack and mine is very sturdy.  I got it from Threadart.