new member

Mary E

Hi all- I can see that this list is going to be very useful to me, as well as humorous, thanks to Jim ;-).

I bought myself a Janome DC2014 last October and it pretty much paid for itself by then end of the year with all the sewing jobs I received. I had previously been using a 1948 15-91 Singer as well as a Featherweight. Both machines are wonderful and I plan to use the 15-91 for any leather or canvas sewing, but it was a pain not to have everything right there on the machine (buttonholer, zigzag, etc). I had sworn I would never get a computerized machine, but now I am hooked.

Even with the 2014, I felt there were more things I wanted, like the ability to embroider and a larger harp. I took the plunge and purchased an MC15000 last Thursday. I expect I'll be picking it up tomorrow. The dealer I purchased it from has been a Janome dealer for 25 years. She also, as part of the package(which includes the iPad), sold me the Floriani Total Control system at a greatly reduced price and threw in 30 spools of embroidery thread.

My son, who is a computer systems manager, set up Windows 8 on my Mac, so I am all set to go! But I'm pretty sure there's a learning curve to using the 15000 and I'm going to purchase Jim's video tutorial app, as I am hopeless at reading directions and am definitely a visual, hands-on learner.

Glad this group is here !!!

Mary Eckstein

Idatys

Welcome to this great group. Make a stitch-book sampler for your new machine.
Stitch out a small line of every stitch.. I recommend a different color embroidery thread for each group of stitches. Be sure to use stabilizer Cut the sample sheets 8.5.x 11, then insert into protector plastic sheet, ready for your notebook. The process is a great way to learn about your machine. The results are a great reference. Stay with it......worth the effort.
The notebook becomes a place to add more info as you go, adding dividers. I even put the CDs in a protector. The flat packing cards that come with added feet go there, too.
I copied the cover of manual to insert on front of notebook, made a vertical title for the spine..
As you learn the embroidery, samples of different types are good practice also. Usually I do those on a larger plain fabric, adding designs until it's full.
Good luck. Enjoy.
Ida
In beautiful, historic San Antonio

Mary E

great idea! I have my notes for each of my quilts in a notebook, so this will be a great reference!
Mary

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Idatys idabbc2@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

cas@...

Congrats Mary, have a great, good time with it!!
Cas