travel case for 15000

Lynne Killgore & Dave Michel <killgoremichel@...>

Has anyone purchased a travel case for their 15000?
If so hard-side or soft-side?
How did you make that decision?
What do you like or don't like about your choice?

Thanks for all the help,
Lynne

JOLLYNE TOSTE <jtoste@...>

I purchased an xxl Tutto which the 15000 fits comfortably. The issue with travel is the weight of the machine. Pre Tutto -I could lift the machine into my car and to class after I stored it in the case I had a very difficult time lifting the Tutto ( it creates more bulk - width). And have actually taken the machine out of the case when going to class. My next idea is to creat a ramp that I can roll the Tutto up to get it to my SUV tailgate;)).
I hope this helps.
Jollyne
Walnut creek, CA
Ps I love my Tutto for my 3160:)

Sent from Jollyne's iPhone

On Feb 17, 2015, at 10:33 PM, Lynne Killgore & Dave Michel killgoremichel@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Has anyone purchased a travel case for their 15000?
If so hard-side or soft-side?
How did you make that decision?
What do you like or don't like about your choice?

Thanks for all the help,
Lynne

Quasar4

I also have the Tutto xxl and I have to agree that it adds a lot more weight when trying to lift both machine and case.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 18, 2015, at 11:13 AM, JOLLYNE TOSTE jtoste@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

jcole110 <no_reply@...>

I purchased the Janome hard cover gray case when I purchased my 12000 and now also use it to transport my 15000.  It is very maneuverable and does not add much weight.  An added benefit is that all the hoops will fit in the case with the machine.

Jay.

Anne Parker <annegparker@...>

I'm think of making a padded waterproof cover for my 15000 (can't stand the black monstrosity that came with the machine!) - with an opening to enable me to lift it under the arm when needed - and then buying a folding trolley which I can either move the machine on or use for other things (motorhome and boat stuff), rather than just having the purpose made one just sitting there for the occasional time I take it out of the house and cluttering up my space.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

Lucy Akers

The Tutto with machine is heavy because we all load it with hoops, sewing/embroidery accessories, fabric, etc.!!! (I’m guilty too – even spare energy bars, coffee cup, Kleenex, small cutting board, etc.)

Pixey

Shows how conditioned we are to think in terms of actual wheel integrated sewing machine cases. My husband actually has a trolley like the second one because he does large format photography and I never thought of borrowing it for use with a padded duffle bag style cover/case for transporting the machine. But the wheels are much better than anything I've seen on a sewing machine case.

At Feb 19, 2015, 8:00:54 AM, Anne Parker annegparker@... [janome12000]<'janome12000@...'> wrote:

I'm think of making a padded waterproof cover for my 15000 (can't stand the black monstrosity that came with the machine!) - with an opening to enable me to lift it under the arm when needed - and then buying a folding trolley which I can either move the machine on or use for other things (motorhome and boat stuff), rather than just having the purpose made one just sitting there for the occasional time I take it out of the house and cluttering up my space.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy. "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

Tony Coley

Ms Anne,

Fully understand the advantage of keeping machines covered when not in use. Many fail to realize just how much dust is circulating in their sewing area. That dust settles on thread, tension disc and and LCD screens.
I encourage all our customers to cover their machines, however I tell them to get a 100% cotten pillow cover rather than the well fitted plactic cover that comes with their machine. I explain that living near the Gulf of Mexico has its advantages but it also put some salt air in our surroundings. The plactic cover traps this moisture in the machine. The cotton cover will "breathe" thus reducing some rusts threats.
You mentioned "waterproof", please keep this info in mind if you are exposed to high humidity/rainy weather.
Happy Sewing
Tony in Alabama

On Thursday, February 19, 2015 8:00 AM, "Anne Parker annegparker@... [janome12000]" wrote:

I'm think of making a padded waterproof cover for my 15000 (can't stand the black monstrosity that came with the machine!) - with an opening to enable me to lift it under the arm when needed - and then buying a folding trolley which I can either move the machine on or use for other things (motorhome and boat stuff), rather than just having the purpose made one just sitting there for the occasional time I take it out of the house and cluttering up my space.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

Anne Parker <annegparker@...>

You mentioned "waterproof", please keep this info in mind if you are exposed to high humidity/rainy weather.Happy SewingTony in Alabama

Tony

The 15000 comes with a fabric cover - which I don't use because it is just a pain and doesn't look very nice.  I cover my machines with quilted covers when they are at home.

I was talking about a waterproof cover for moving the machine out of the house on a trolley to take to the dealer so it would be protected from the rain - not as a permanent dust cover.  I was originally thinking to make it padded, but now I'm thinking all it needs to do is cover the normal cotton quilted cover I am planning to make.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

juliadlf1 <no_reply@...>

I was given the Janome hardcase trolley when I purchased my 12000. I've only had to use it once when taking the machine to a local dealer. It is well protected, easy to open and load the machine inside but it did take 2 of us to load and unload it from my car. These machines are heavy and bulky so having the trolley which rolls just like a suitcase was a blessing.

Julia
NY 12000

Tony Coley

Good for you Ms Anne. You definitely got the right idea. Blessed weekend.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 20, 2015, at 1:39 PM, Anne Parker annegparker@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

You mentioned "waterproof", please keep this info in mind if you are exposed to high humidity/rainy weather.Happy SewingTony in Alabama

Tony

The 15000 comes with a fabric cover - which I don't use because it is just a pain and doesn't look very nice.  I cover my machines with quilted covers when they are at home.

I was talking about a waterproof cover for moving the machine out of the house on a trolley to take to the dealer so it would be protected from the rain - not as a permanent dust cover.  I was originally thinking to make it padded, but now I'm thinking all it needs to do is cover the normal cotton quilted cover I am planning to make.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

mjdutro@...

Folding travel case for Janome 15000

Purchased from All Brands.  I do not have the room for the hard case or the tutto.  The soft folding case if perfect for me.  It was not outrageously expensive and fits into the closet shelf.   Martie in CA

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Martie,
Can you provide a link to the case?  I searched All Brands and could not find one that folded.
Thank you.
Ceil

---In janome12000@..., <mjdutro@...> wrote :

Folding travel case for Janome 15000

Purchased from All Brands.  I do not have the room for the hard case or the tutto.  The soft folding case if perfect for me.  It was not outrageously expensive and fits into the closet shelf.   Martie in CA

mjdutro@...

It does not shout out that it folds on AllBrands so I am sending the link for SewVacDirect.

  http://www.sewvacdirect.com/janome-horizon-rolling-trolley/

This is the one I have although it has Janome printed on it in red

Perfect for class or travel in a vehicle.  Not so for airplane travel.

Martie in CA

Barb Engvall

Oh! That is the one that came with my 7700! I was wondering if the 15000 would fit in it! Terrific and thanks!

On Feb 21, 2015, at 9:11 PM, mjdutro@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

It does not shout out that it folds on AllBrands so I am sending the link for SewVacDirect.

  http://www.sewvacdirect.com/janome-horizon-rolling-trolley/

This is the one I have although it has Janome printed on it in red

Perfect for class or travel in a vehicle.  Not so for airplane travel.

Martie in CA

Lynne Killgore & Dave Michel <killgoremichel@...>

Hi Everyone,

Wow, I ask a simple question about the travel case and get some great answers.  Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far with the discussion about both the hard case and the Tutto.

Here is the link to the All Brands site http://www.allbrands.com/products/56592-janome-horizon-hard-shell-roller-case-mc15000-1200

Also saw it at Ken's http://www.kenssewingcenter.com/search.php?q=trolley+case&Submit=Search

And at SewVacDirect with the best price  http://www.sewvacdirect.com/janome-horizon-abs-rolling-trolley/ at $239.00

And Amazon but I think they were selling Ken's

My local dealer had a Janome educator in this weekend and one of the attendees had the hard case so the dealer made sure that I saw it.

1) The case is nice, and the bag that comes with to put in the table with the legs attached and all the hoops is nice.
2)  but the handles are not balanced so you can pick it up easily (they are both on the back of the side so the center of gravity is way off).  It would take two people to lift into a car and that is NOT a realistic solution
3) AND the pull-up handle is VERY flimsy and I can just see it coming loose as you are pulling it along.  I had that happen once with a regular suitcase in the middle of running from one airport gate to another - NOT an experience I would like to repeat with something as heavy as the 15000.
4) the once nice thing is the 4 wheels do act like the new spinner suitcases that will move from any direction.

So at this point I am going to see if I can find Plan B.  I just can't justify spending that kind of money for a case that takes a lot of storage space and that feels essentially flimsy.  Maybe the Tutto since I could also use that as a regular suitcase, just not checkable on an airline.

Lynne in snowy NE Ohio

Lynne Killgore & Dave Michel <killgoremichel@...>

Hi Everyone,

Ken's also had a softside trolley for $129 that is supposed to hold
the 15000 but have not checked the measurements yet.
http://www.kenssewingcenter.com/janome-7700-sewing-machine-trolley-p-31022.html

Lynne in snowy NE Ohio