new question...who are your favorite digitizers

Barb Engvall

In going through my embroidery files and organizing them I have found that I have lots of single downloads from a lot of places…I go to Embroidery Library a lot, partly because their website is so easy to navigate. I have been very pleased with things I have gotten from A Time To Stitch and Embroidery Garden. What other sites do you frequent? Looking forward to hearing from those of you who are more experience than I!

Thanks!

juliadlf1 <no_reply@...>

I use EL( but have started moving away from their designs given how dense the designs tend to be), frequent Kreations By Kara and Urban Threads. Kreations By Kara is my favorite as I love their designs and they stitch out so perfectly for me. For in the hoop projects I tend to go with Anita Goodesign.  From time to time I will browse JuliasNeedle, Designs by JUJU, AStitchaHalf, StitchDelight and I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Julia
NY-MC12000

Dottie Newkirk

Hi Barb - some of my favorites are Welcome to HatchedInAfrica.com

San Francisco Stitch Co - Home Page

KennyKreations - Beautiful Machine Embroidery

and Stitchingart - Artistic Embroidery Designs By Cathy B Park

HTH  Dottie in Texas

*************************************
In going through my embroidery files and organizing them I have found that I have lots of single downloads from a lot of places…I go to Embroidery Library a lot, partly because their website is so easy to navigate. I have been very pleased with things I have gotten from A Time To Stitch and Embroidery Garden. What other sites do you frequent? Looking forward to hearing from those of you who are more experience than I!

Thanks!

Barb Engvall

maggie cooper

Advanced Embroidery Designs

 I like their FSL and cutwork designs.

 Balboa Embroidery Designs | Home of Balboa Threadworks, Inc. and the Embroidery Designs of Lee and Keith Caroselli

 I bought their library of designs a few years ago,

SMARTNEEDLE.COM - Unique Embroidery Designs and Notions

 I love their zany designs and can forgive their multiple trims on the outlines.

Sue Box Creations | Download Embroidery Designs

 consistent quality, some a bit cutesy and pretty, but stitch well

HatchedInAfrica.com | Designs

At one time this site was divided up between Santi, Mari and Liese, now their designs are all together, I prefer Santi's designs, though her style has influenced many others , hers are still wonderful to stitch.

Elsa's Designs for machine embroidery

 Elsa used to design for Bernina software, good consistent quality.

Zundt Embroidery Design Collection - Zundt Design, Ltd.

 Lovely designs, beautiful quality, pricey but worth it.

I do have a few other favourites, but its late and I'm away to zzzzzland.

Maggie Cooper. uk

Barb Engvall

Thanks! Several of those are new to me so I will have to do some exploring!

On Dec 22, 2014, at 3:42 PM, juliadlf1 <no_reply@...> wrote:

I use EL( but have started moving away from their designs given how dense the designs tend to be), frequent Kreations By Kara and Urban Threads. Kreations By Kara is my favorite as I love their designs and they stitch out so perfectly for me. For in the hoop projects I tend to go with Anita Goodesign.  From time to time I will browse JuliasNeedle, Designs by JUJU, AStitchaHalf, StitchDelight and I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Julia
NY-MC12000

Dottie Newkirk

Another digitizer that comes to mind that does beautiful work is Sonia Showalter Sonia Showalter

Dottie in Texas

*************************************

In going through my embroidery files and organizing them I have found that I have lots of single downloads from a lot of places…I go to Embroidery Library a lot, partly because their website is so easy to navigate. I have been very pleased with things I have gotten from A Time To Stitch and Embroidery Garden. What other sites do you frequent? Looking forward to hearing from those of you who are more experience than I!

Thanks!

Barb Engvall

Patricia Ward

Secretsof.com has many digitizers who have well done things. If you want FSL you can't beat Criswell. I also like AcePoints, Hatched in Africa, Creatively Yours; those are just a few of ones who offer nice designs.

Pat

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 22, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Barb Engvall catsnquilts@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

In going through my embroidery files and organizing them I have found that I have lots of single downloads from a lot of places…I go to Embroidery Library a lot, partly because their website is so easy to navigate. I have been very pleased with things I have gotten from A Time To Stitch and Embroidery Garden. What other sites do you frequent? Looking forward to hearing from those of you who are more experience than I!

Thanks!

marie.drozdis <marie.drozdis@...>

Don't forget BFC-Creations.

http://www.bfc-creations.com/Designs/index.shtml

Also, Sonia Showalter, Anna Bove, Hatched in Africa, Urban Threads.

MarieD

Kay Davis

Graceful Embroidery has exquisite designs that are excellently digitized.  Kay

Barb Engvall

Thanks for all of the recommendations! I have wiled away many hours perusing these sites. I have also added them to my embroidery library blog listed last in my signature so I can find them all easily again. I started this list on this blog several years ago but have neglected it until recently so thanks for the help in getting it updated.

On Dec 23, 2014, at 6:53 AM, Kay Davis kaquilt@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Graceful Embroidery has exquisite designs that are excellently digitized.  Kay

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

Didn't see Sadia (sadiasews.com), although I may have missed it. I find I never have to test them first.  I particularly like the fact that she accomplishes so much with so few stitches.

I also like Momo Dini, although the design packs are expensive ($65) and a sale is buy 3 get one free.  They many beautiful oriental designs.  I've been to a few of their workshops, where she explains her digitizing theory of not putting color over color, because only the top color shows and it can get too dense.  I don't digitize, and have only stitched a few of her frogs.  They are whimsical and not dense, and you get the effect with a minimum of stitches.  I like to watch designs stitch out to see how they get the most out of the designs. (momodini.com)

Some that others have mentioned that I too like are Sue Box, Zundt and Criswell.  Used to like Hatched in Africa, but have found the designs are either cutesy or somewhat repetitive.  It seems at times that the collection are very similar.  I agree that Embroidery Library designs tend to be somewhat dense.  I like some of the Dakota designs as well.  There are so many that I haven't tried, and the longer I've been embroidering, the more selective I am!  I tend to go more for individual designs than sets.