editing software

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

I have the 12000, and would like to be able to edit designs.  I'm not interested in digitizing, and probably couldn't retain enough to be able to do it anyway.  I've had several software programs including Viking 3D, Designers Gallery and Wilcom (the most expensive and non-user friendly program of all of them).  I can't use 90% of it, and just can't seem to be able to do the simplest of tasks. like resizing, combining designs and changing colors.  I got carried away with the on screen demo, and the promotional price, as well as someone who owned a previous version.  I tried downloading the free version of Pulse, and True sizer, and couldn't figure those out either!  Everyone who uses Embird loves it, but so did the people who owned the other softwares love what they had.  Even though Embird is very inexpensive, I don't want to make another mistake.  Even if I could sell Wilcom (which I don't know if I'm allowed to do), I want a program that lets me do the routine tasks associated with embroidery.  I don't mind putting the designs on a USB stick.  I bought the Janome one, and only put what I want to use on it.  I have tons of others with tons of designs, since after my first machine which took floppies, (that's what was used  on the future machines without purchasing software to put it on the machine).  Or at least that what I ended up doing, because I knew how.  I'd appreciate any advice I can get.  Thanks so much.

shejmartin1

I use embird to do just what you are describing and I like it.  I use it mainly to resize designs, convert designs from other formats, combine separate designs into one design, print out templates to use especially when I am doing applique, and add text to designs, and probably other stuff I can't think of now.  If you buy Iconizer (it's a separate add-on) when you buy Embird you can see your files as a picture of the actual design.

Susan Militello <suemili48@...>

I've used Embird since it first came out.  I love it and it's easy to use. I never use the machine or Horizon Link to edit my designs.  I do it in Embird and then transfer either by jump drive or Horizon Link.

Just my honest opinion!

Sue in WNY

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Sue Raabe susies.stitches@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

juliadlf1 <no_reply@...>

Sue: I use SewWhatPro for simple tasks of converting files, resizing, changing colors, etc. It can do more but this is just a sampling.  Easy to use and you can download a free trial for 30 days to test it out. The support is outstanding and the price is very good. S&S Computing http://www.sandscomputing.com/.
If your a Facebook user, you can check out their forum and get some great information if you get stuck but if not, no worry, contact tech support and they will help.

Good luck with whatever you choose to purchase.

Julia
NY-MC12000

Linda M <linlefmul@...>

What you are describing is Embird.  It's very easy to use.  I'm not sure if we are allowed to post links to other companies or not but you will get a discounted price if you good Secrets of Embroidery.  You'll also get some free designs.  I have no affiliation with this company other than being a happy customer.

Linda M