Looking for sewing machine table

cmgazerro@...

Need to get new sewing machine table for my 15000.  Any suggestions?

Carolyn

Anne Parker <annegparker@...>

When you say new table do you mean something to put it in or something to put it on?

I've found my motorhome table at around 26 inches high is the ideal height for me to put the 15000 on and gives me the depth to use the embroidery unit.  It means I can sit at it on a normal dining room chair and reach the foot pedal and use the machine comfortably.  I'm only 4ft 11ins so always have issues with high worktops (as in kitchens! - need to use a step to reach the wall cupboards!)

You can get replacement ones on ebay fairly cheaply - or you can even buy just the folding legs that set the top at that height so you can put your own top on (kitchen worktop?) (I used the one from our own motorhome as we never used it!)

Here's a pic of mine with a couple of my vintage machines testing it out for strength - https://www.flickr.com/photos/94302460@N03/sets/72157646499503465/ - the 2 cast iron machines together weigh more than the 15000. - you can also see it's slightly lower than my normal Horn cabinet for 'normal' machines (though that is also too high and is on it's way out as I write!).

Anne
​ in Stubbington, UK​

www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

On 7 December 2014 at 18:31, cmgazerro@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Need to get new sewing machine table for my 15000.  Any suggestions?

Carolyn

cmgazerro@...

Anne,

Want something to put it on but also have drawer space and maybe an extension for a serger or small machine.

---In janome12000@..., <annegparker@...> wrote :

[...]

Estelle Torpy

Hi,

I bought one of those computer desks in a box that you put together yourself. It has a return and 4 drawers. It is very stable. Great for when I am machine embroidering. I have my serger on the return except when I am quilting then it is a nice space for holding the quilt.

I also bought a Gidget II portable table with insert for the 15000 to use when I want the machine in the table. It works well right next to the computer desk and gives me a lot of space to hold a large quilt. The GII folds up for easy storage and has wheels on one end for moving it around. I can fit it in the trunk of my car for going on retreat.

I know costs vary in different places but for me this was less expensive than a “sewing machine” table from one of the well known companies which have very few options (right now) for large machines like the 15000.

Estelle

Anne Parker <annegparker@...>

> Want something to put it on but also have drawer space and maybe an extension for a serger or small machine.

Carolyn

I have a wheeled pedestal that fits under my table with my embroidery threads in.  When I want to use the table I wheel the pedestal out and place at the side of me so it's handy for using while sewing but also to put large quilts on to quilt.  I also use it to place my table top ironing board on while piecing so I can press as I go.

When I'm not using the large machine on the table the pedestal wheels away out of the way - or I move it over to my sewing place for normal machines - two pedestals with a 2 metre piece of kitchen worktop on top which is at the same height as the table.

I can also move the table pedestal over to my sofa for when I am hand sewing or embroidering.

Just a few ideas! :0)

Anne
​ in Stubbington, UK​

www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

cmgazerro@cox.net <cmgazerro@...>

Thank you for your input.  It is amazing how creative one can be when solution must be found.

Carolyn
Sent from my iPad

On Dec 8, 2014, at 1:57 PM, Anne Parker annegparker@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

> Want something to put it on but also have drawer space and maybe an extension for a serger or small machine.

Carolyn

I have a wheeled pedestal that fits under my table with my embroidery threads in.  When I want to use the table I wheel the pedestal out and place at the side of me so it's handy for using while sewing but also to put large quilts on to quilt.  I also use it to place my table top ironing board on while piecing so I can press as I go.

When I'm not using the large machine on the table the pedestal wheels away out of the way - or I move it over to my sewing place for normal machines - two pedestals with a 2 metre piece of kitchen worktop on top which is at the same height as the table.

I can also move the table pedestal over to my sofa for when I am hand sewing or embroidering.

Just a few ideas! :0)

Anne
​ in Stubbington, UK​

www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

cmgazerro@cox.net <cmgazerro@...>

Thanks for your input.  What brand of computer desk do you have?

Carolyn
Sent from my iPad

On Dec 8, 2014, at 9:48 AM, Estelle Torpy emtorpy@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

bdake@sbcglobal.net

Just a quick question. Is anyone worried about the vibration you might get when your machine is embroidering? My main concern is vibration.

Jeannie Dake

Estelle Torpy

Hi Carolyn,

It has been a while but I think the brand is Sauder and my six thread baby lock sits on a Sullivan brand desk.

It seems that computer furniture is less than sewing machine furniture.

Estelle

On Dec 8, 2014, at 6:24 PM, 'cmgazerro@...' cmgazerro@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Jeannie

I wondered about that but so far haven't had any issues - had my machine since end of October.

In my sewing studio I have my 2 sewing positions along one wall.  Going from the left I have 2 pedestals on wheels separted by a 2 metre length of kitchen worktop where I use my normal size machines.  Next to that on the right I have my motorhome folding table (it's wider that the worktop) so I can put the 15000 on and not have to move it for embroidering.  The table has folding legs so can be folded out of the way if necessary though haven't had to do that so far.  The table sits in the right hand corner with the back and right side up against walls.  On the left side I have the short right side of the kitchen word top hard up against the edge of the table so in effect the table just can't move anywhere.

Currently my machine is in our study (as the studio is separate from the house and need to sort out the heating in there).  It is sitting on top of (as it's too big to sit in) my Horn cabinet which is on castors which aren't locked, and the cabinet is opened out into the room, so only the short right side is anywhere near the wall, but doesn't actually touch it so it is effectly just free standing.  The cabinet opens out into an L shape (the Nova) which may make it more stable I guess.

There is absolutely no vibration in either of the two places I use the machine and both the studio and the study have wooden suspened floors which are springy compared to a solid concrete floor.  I think the weight of the machine would counteract any small vibration.

On 9 December 2014 at 02:41, Jeannie Dake bdake@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Just a quick question. Is anyone worried about the vibration you might get when your machine is embroidering? My main concern is vibration.

Jeannie Dake

cmgazerro@cox.net <cmgazerro@...>

Estelle,

Thanks.  I am considering a 2 pedestal executive desk which has drawers on both sides.  In my search someone  bought a used black one and painted it white.  This way I can utilize the drawer space.   The group has given me valuable information to consider.

Carolyn
Sent from my iPad

On Dec 8, 2014, at 11:39 PM, Estelle Torpy emtorpy@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Anne thanks for the info. Is there a way you an send me pics? My son and grandson are getting close to having my new sewing room done. By the time I've recouperated from my knee replacement I will be ready to buy my tables.

Jeannie Dake