Hoop Storage for 12000

Meryl Margolies

Any great ideas for storing MC12000 hoops? I have little drawer organizers for feet and stuff, which I have labeled. I don't really use the storage tray that came with the machine. Right now my hoops are in their box in my closet nestled between my fabric shelving and some other storage bins. God help me if I have to travel with them. The embroidery hoops that came with my Viking live in a hard case with the embroidery unit. The extra, larger hoops I purchased are in the same place as my Janome hoops.

Why do I think there's a better way

vicki chrobak

Meryl?, I put up 2 clear pegbords from Amazon (2' X 4' each).  They work great for hanging hoops & all other sewing stuff.
Vicki Jo

On 11/12/2014 6:43 AM, merylm@... [janome12000] wrote:

Any great ideas for storing MC12000 hoops? I have little drawer organizers for feet and stuff, which I have labeled. I don't really use the storage tray that came with the machine. Right now my hoops are in their box in my closet nestled between my fabric shelving and some other storage bins. God help me if I have to travel with them. The embroidery hoops that came with my Viking live in a hard case with the embroidery unit. The extra, larger hoops I purchased are in the same place as my Janome hoops.

Why do I think there's a better way

Posted by: merylm@...

the2messers@...

In Online Sewing e-magazine for Spring 2012, Diane shows how to make a hoop storage and/or carrier for our new BIG hoops.  The whole magazine can be purchased at onlinesewing.com for $4.  Joy

Filled with regret, Jim says:
Well not any more. Something that PayPal changed broke the payment system, and I've had too many higher priority projects to address the problem. I've taken down the page. When time permits I'll look at alternate ways to make it available. Sorry to disappoint!

JoAnn Novak

  I have the 15000 but the hoops are the same.
  Someone suggested a "Purse Rack" it works perfectly.
  I purchased this rack at Bed Bath & Beyond.
  JoAnn

Meryl?, I put up 2 clear pegbords from Amazon (2' X 4' each).  They work great for hanging hoops & all other sewing stuff.
Vicki Jo

On 11/12/2014 6:43 AM, merylm@... [janome12000] wrote:

Any great ideas for storing MC12000 hoops? I have little drawer organizers for feet and stuff, which I have labeled. I don't really use the storage tray that came with the machine. Right now my hoops are in their box in my closet nestled between my fabric shelving and some other storage bins. God help me if I have to travel with them. The embroidery hoops that came with my Viking live in a hard case with the embroidery unit. The extra, larger hoops I purchased are in the same place as my Janome hoops.

Why do I think there's a better way

Posted by: merylm@...

Madeline Burgoon

I made large pockets for each hoop out of a heavy duty shower curtain and hung them in my sewing closet with 3M hooks.

Lucy Akers

I like my plastic stand-up Christmas wrap container. The hoops slide in upright as well as several bolts of stabilizer. Also, there is a small storage compartment in the lid.

Vikki Youngmeyer

I store my hoops in a large plastic lidded box with roll around feet. The box currently lives under a table, but has lived under a bed previously. It keeps the dust off, the hoops lie flat stays out from underfoot, and is easily accessible when I need it.

Vikki

Meryl?, I put up 2 clear pegbords from Amazon (2' X 4' each).  They work great for hanging hoops & all other sewing stuff.
Vicki Jo

On 11/12/2014 6:43 AM, merylm@... [janome12000] wrote:

Any great ideas for storing MC12000 hoops? I have little drawer organizers for feet and stuff, which I have labeled. I don't really use the storage tray that came with the machine. Right now my hoops are in their box in my closet nestled between my fabric shelving and some other storage bins. God help me if I have to travel with them. The embroidery hoops that came with my Viking live in a hard case with the embroidery unit. The extra, larger hoops I purchased are in the same place as my Janome hoops.

Why do I think there's a better way

Posted by: merylm@...

carol caseber <ccaseber@...>

I use a tall gift wrap plastic container base and put the templates in it also in a big envelope so they don't get jammed. I don't use the plastic container top.