Missing parts

Lisa Powell

Hi Everyone,

I bought a used 12000 from my local dealer back in August. I went through the book to make sure I had everything, and of course I didn't. They ordered a couple of the missing items, but to date, I haven't gotten the embroidery needle plate and embroidery bobbin holder, and I don't have the button shank plate. They are going out of business at the end of the year, and have decided that I purchased the machine "as is"(something that wasn't discussed at the time), and if I want those things I need to purchase them. Soooo...my question is, how often do you guys even use the embroidery needle plate and bobbin holder? I know I want the button shank plate, but is it worth it to buy the other two items?

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Sue Sweet

Hi Lisa,
Just in case you haven’t checked, the 3 items you are missing are usually stored in the middle of the accessory tray, under the free arm area. Slide the accessory box off the machine to the left to access that area. Hope they are there !
Sue

Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 12:19 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Missing parts

Hi Everyone,

I bought a used 12000 from my local dealer back in August. I went through the book to make sure I had everything, and of course I didn't. They ordered a couple of the missing items, but to date, I haven't gotten the embroidery needle plate and embroidery bobbin holder, and I don't have the button shank plate. They are going out of business at the end of the year, and have decided that I purchased the machine "as is"(something that wasn't discussed at the time), and if I want those things I need to purchase them. Soooo...my question is, how often do you guys even use the embroidery needle plate and bobbin holder? I know I want the button shank plate, but is it worth it to buy the other two items?

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Gail Berkler

In my opinion, is it necessary, probably not, however, when I had the 12000 when I was having any problems with embroidery and it wasn't looking nice I would change plates and it seemed to fix the problem
Gail

On Sunday, November 9, 2014, lapowell48@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I bought a used 12000 from my local dealer back in August. I went through the book to make sure I had everything, and of course I didn't. They ordered a couple of the missing items, but to date, I haven't gotten the embroidery needle plate and embroidery bobbin holder, and I don't have the button shank plate. They are going out of business at the end of the year, and have decided that I purchased the machine "as is"(something that wasn't discussed at the time), and if I want those things I need to purchase them. Soooo...my question is, how often do you guys even use the embroidery needle plate and bobbin holder? I know I want the button shank plate, but is it worth it to buy the other two items?

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Patricia Ward

Lisa, I think you should go back to your dealer for he does owe you these things if you bought the machine as supposed to be complete. 
FWIW, if you have to, you probably should purchase the embroidery bobbin case and the throat plate.   But I think the throat plate may be in the range of $40+ and that is why I think you should really try to get the dealer to get it for you.

Good luck!

Pat

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM, lapowell48@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Virginia

Lisa my suggestion is that you contact Janome with your issue before your dealer goes out of business.  

Virginia

-----Original Message-----
To: janome12000
Sent: Sun, Nov 9, 2014 11:26 pm
Subject: [janome12000] Missing parts

Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much!
Lisa

cmgazerro@...

Gail,

My understanding is that the straight stitch plate is suggested for embroidery mode because it has more control of the stitch quality.

My experience finds this to be true.

Carolyn

Pam Davison

If you purchased this with a credit card contact your card company immediately.  Also let the dealer know that you will ask your credit card company to reverse the charge if they do not give you the items they promised immediately.

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎November‎ ‎09‎, ‎2014 ‎10‎:‎26‎ ‎PM
To: mdaniel@... [janome12000]

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Linda M <linlefmul@...>

Then she should also return her 12000 as she seriously cannot be expected to keep the machine for free!!!  

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Pam Davison pamyjo2001@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

If you purchased this with a credit card contact your card company immediately.  Also let the dealer know that you will ask your credit card company to reverse the charge if they do not give you the items they promised immediately.

Sent from Windows Mail

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much!

Lisa

--
Linda M.

juliadlf1 <no_reply@...>

If you purchased it "as is", then I wouldn't expect the dealer to pay for the missing parts. However, it appears you and dealer are not on the same page regarding this so perhaps you should look at your receipt and see if it says anything about "sold as is" as I would think a dealer would have noted that. Also if they advertised with a listing of items, then maybe you can check to see what was listed.  I agree with the other poster about checking the bottom of your accessory box to be sure it isn't stored in there.

If you plan to embroider, then I would recommend you get the straight stitch plate and yellow bobbin holder.

As an fyi, if you bought the machine used from the dealer or even a private party, the Janome warranty is no longer valid so hopeful you have a period of warranty from the dealer before they go out of business and your trying out all the functions of the machine. The 12000 is a great machine. Enjoy.

Julia
NY-MC12000

Pam Davison

Didn't think I needed to say that but of course the machine would need to be returned.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: ‎11/‎10/‎2014 3:33 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Missing parts

Then she should also return her 12000 as she seriously cannot be expected to keep the machine for free!!!  

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Pam Davison pamyjo2001@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Sent from Windows Mail

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much!

Lisa

--
Linda M.

Lisa Powell

Oh my gosh do I ever feel like an idiot! Sue, they are right where you said they'd be! I didn't even know that pulled off like that. Sheesh...I'm so glad I asked you guys!! Thanks so much, Sue!

With egg on my face,
Lisa

Sent from my iPad

JOLLYNE TOSTE <jtoste@...>

Lisa, 
Don’t feel bad. The 15000 walking foot was stored in a similar (Secret) compartment and when I bought it  - I ended up calling the store and stating that it was missing.  They were very nice and one of the experts called me back and mentioned this special place it might be located:)))
 it was there.  We are all Human!!! thanks goodness
Jollyne

On Nov 10, 2014, at 4:06 PM, Lisa Powell lapowell48@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Oh my gosh do I ever feel like an idiot! Sue, they are right where you said they'd be! I didn't even know that pulled off like that. Sheesh...I'm so glad I asked you guys!! Thanks so much, Sue!

With egg on my face, 
Lisa

Sent from my iPad

Pam Davison

Glad u found it

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: ‎11/‎10/‎2014 8:35 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Missing parts

With egg on my face,
Lisa

Sent from my iPad

Sue Sweet

Don’t feel bad Lisa. The main thing is you now have them. I hope this has restored your faith in the dealer too.
Enjoy your machine.
Sue

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 10:36 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Missing parts

With egg on my face,
Lisa

Sent from my iPad

My-Stitches

Don't feel like an idiot. When the machine was new last year I asked
one of the Sewing Consultants at my store a question, and she had to
call Janome to find out that the piece in question was in one of
those hidden compartments!

You'd think they could have told us!

Mary

Oh my gosh do I ever feel like an idiot! Sue, they are right where
you said they'd be! I didn't even know that pulled off like that.
Sheesh...I'm so glad I asked you guys!! Thanks so much, Sue!

With egg on my face,
Lisa