size of stabilizer and source?

Barb Engvall

What size stabilizer do you buy for the 15000 and what is the best source. When I was using the 11000 I found appropriate sized stabilizer fairly easily but I haven’t found anything locally yet…I’m not adverse to mail order—

Thanks!

juliadlf1 <no_reply@...>

Threadart, AllStitch, Amazon, Ebay, etc all sell online. You just need to measure the width of the outer hoop for each and allow at least a 1 to 2 inch overlap. I purchase my stabilizer in rolls versus cut sheets so I can cut off the length myself. If your wanting sheets already cut to size, then measure the length and width of the outer hoops, add 1 to 2 inches on each side. Just remember to measure the "outer" hoop versus inner one.
The 12000 and 15000 have the same size hoops including the new RE18.

Julia
NY-MC12000

JoAnn Novak

 I went online and typed in stabilizer.  I bought a 19" x 100 yds roll.
 I purchased this from AllBrands.com
 Hope this helps.
 JoAnn

What size stabilizer do you buy for the 15000 and what is the best source. When I was using the 11000 I found appropriate sized stabilizer fairly easily but I haven’t found anything locally yet…I’m not adverse to mail order—

Thanks!

Barb Engvall

I forgot about Allbrands! Thanks! The stuff I have now is all for the much smaller hoops….

On Nov 8, 2014, at 6:57 AM, JoAnn Novak vinjosew@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

 I went online and typed in stabilizer.  I bought a 19" x 100 yds roll.
 I purchased this from AllBrands.com
 Hope this helps.
 JoAnn

What size stabilizer do you buy for the 15000 and what is the best source. When I was using the 11000 I found appropriate sized stabilizer fairly easily but I haven’t found anything locally yet…I’m not adverse to mail order—

Thanks!

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

I bought big rolls of wide backing at Embroidery and Quilting Thread & Bobbins from Fil-Tec
I did measure first but now I don't have to worry if I have enough stabilizer or if it is wide enough!  I can cut the size I want from these rolls.