From: Kay Allen kaysweb@... [janome12000]
To: janome12000
Sent: Wed, Oct 8, 2014 2:09 pm
Subject: [janome12000] 4"x4" hoop for the 15000

Hi Jim,
Any ideas on how we can get a 4x4 hoop for the 15000? It sure would come in handy and save LOTS OF stabilizer and materials.
Thanks,
Kay
Proud CASA Volunteer

Fighting off a feeling of deja vu, Jim says:
You would get that the same way you got the RE18 hoop. Spend the next 2 years begging Janome to do it! Given that we already have a hoop just one inch bigger, I don't expect they'll listen, but if you want it bad enough go for it!

shejmartin1

The thing is the way they designed the 5.5 x 5.5 hoop you waste a lot of stabilizer.  I've given up hoping for a 4x4 though.  Just don't think it will happen when we already have a smaller hoop; it was just engineered kind of wacky.

Sherry

Kay Allen

The 5x7 is quite large for baby onesies and other baby clothes. Since they make a 4x4 for some of the other models it seems they would automatically make one for the 15000. It’s the perfect size for small items.
Kay
713-816-3411
Proud CASA Volunteer

bdake@sbcglobal.net

Is it possible to use your stabilizer once in the larger hoop. Then after you carefully tear away or cut away your onsie use a fusible stabilizer over the hole and reuse? Just thinking.

Jeannie Dake

JoAnn Novak

  I have complained to my dealer about the hoops, saying the same thing.
  This is my first Janome machine.  I love the machine but the hoops are very
  wasteful for fabric and stabilizer.
  JoAnn

The thing is the way they designed the 5.5 x 5.5 hoop you waste a lot of stabilizer.  I've given up hoping for a 4x4 though.  Just don't think it will happen when we already have a smaller hoop; it was just engineered kind of wacky.

Sherry

Patricia Ward

Weighing in on this discussion: I personally like the 5 inch hoop on the 15000. So many of the so called 4x4 designs were a tight fit on a hoop of that size and I worried about the needle striking the edge.   IMHO I would rather use extra stabilizer then have a strike against the hoop and cause machine damage resulting in a repair bill.

Pat

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 7:43 PM, shejmartin1@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

The thing is the way they designed the 5.5 x 5.5 hoop you waste a lot of stabilizer.  I've given up hoping for a 4x4 though.  Just don't think it will happen when we already have a smaller hoop; it was just engineered kind of wacky.

Sherry

vicki chrobak

Jeannie, it is absolutely possible! Use UHU glue stick to apply & iron
dry. You can make a frame for all your hoops from muslin or light
weight canvas to conserve stabilizer. I put a .pdf in the files section
& there are also photos in Vicki Jo's Sewing Room. Sorry they are not
in order but hopefully you will get the idea. A wonderful person named
Lotta on Viking Gems list gave me permission to adapt for our hoops &
share. She is a dynamo when it comes to problem-solving.

Diane also came up with a somewhat similar method using duct tape. Not
sure if it is in the files or not.
Vicki Jo

On 10/9/2014 7:56 AM, Jeannie Dake bdake@sbcglobal.net [janome12000] wrote:
Is it possible to use your stabilizer once in the larger hoop. Then after you carefully tear away or cut away your onsie use a fusible stabilizer over the hole and reuse? Just thinking.

Jeannie Dake

Anne Parker <annegparker@...>

I'm just wondering about this stabilizier issue - but bare in mind I haven't done any embroidery yet.

Would it be possible to have a permanent piece of stabilizer (or other thin fabric) you reuse for the hoop with a hole in the middle over which you baste the stablizier you want to use in your embroidery design - or would this mean you would not get enough tension in the hoop.

Has anyone ever tried it?

Just a thought anyway.

Anne
​ in Stubbington, UK​

www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

On 9 October 2014 15:17, Patricia Ward ward.pm@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Weighing in on this discussion: I personally like the 5 inch hoop on the 15000. So many of the so called 4x4 designs were a tight fit on a hoop of that size and I worried about the needle striking the edge.   IMHO I would rather use extra stabilizer then have a strike against the hoop and cause machine damage resulting in a repair bill.

Pat

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 7:43 PM, shejmartin1@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

The thing is the way they designed the 5.5 x 5.5 hoop you waste a lot of stabilizer.  I've given up hoping for a 4x4 though.  Just don't think it will happen when we already have a smaller hoop; it was just engineered kind of wacky.

Sherry

Pam Davison

Yes, I do that all the time.  I use a piece of sticky back stabilizer and cut a hole out leaving about a 1 inch trim of the sticky back then you just cut the stabilizer that you want to use to size and lay it on the sticky back.

I baste around the design to hold everything in place.

Sent from Windows Mail