In a Janome advert!

Smith Sarah Ann <sarahannsmith@...>

I have to share! I’ve been affiliated with Janome for a decade now, and they have been incredibly generous in supporting me through their artist/teacher program (a loan machine). In exchange, I do stuff for them. When the Artistic line of software and machines debuted, I made them a banner for their show booth with the Artistic logo. Last year, they told me they wished they had something similar for the Janome Horizon line I’ve been using this past decade. So I made them a quilt-modern-ish banner to use in the booth, and it was at International Quilt Festival in Houston last year.

Well, about two days ago my new issue of American Quilter arrived (the magazine you get with AQS membership). I flipped through it, put it down to make tea and what leaped off the back cover but a close up of MY banner in the new Janome ad that features the 8900 (on which it was stitched, or was it on the 7700????)! So I blogged all about it (link below)!!!!

I’m THRILLED that they like it enough to use it in a nationwide ad, that the photography is so good (it is really hard to do a good photo of a quilt with white in it), and that it looks good. Randy Thomas, the VP, told me it was an oversight that my name/credit for making the banner isn’t in the ad and that will be corrected (tho it will appear minus my name for a while as those ads are in the pipeline already). So now I’ve been on the cover of several books, featured on the high-visibility last page (in The Quilt Life), now on the back cover. Next goal: the FRONT cover of a magazine LOL!

Anyway, if you’d like to see, I blogged about it here:

http://www.sarahannsmith.com/weblog/?p=9818

Going off to walk the dog, then pet the back cover again <grin> Can you tell I’m tickled silly? <BEAM>

Cheers, Sarah

Check out my DVD: Art Quilt Design: From Photo to Threadwork
Author of bestseller ThreadWork Unraveled
website and blog: http://www.sarahannsmith.com/weblog
e-mail: sarah@...

cmgazerro@...

Congratulations Sarah.  Even though you did the banner from the heart and not expecting accolades, it is nice to see your efforts are appreciated.  Enjoy your moment of fame!

Carolyn

HEATHER COWAN

Inspirational ... .thanks for sharing your work.  Well deserved accolades.
Hugs heather

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 7, 2014, at 7:25 AM, Smith Sarah Ann sarahannsmith@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Estelle Torpy

I just received my American Quilter mag and was delighted to know who did the sample quilt in the Janome ad. Congratulations Sarah!

I attended a quilting retreat this past weekend where my 15000 got quite a workout and passed with flying colors! Sewing for three solid days and into the night!
The lighting on that machine, the beautiful straight stitch, quilting with the fabulous walking feet and the ease of use made the sewing such a pleasure.
I took my iPad with Jim and Diane’s app in place of the owner’s manual. Thank you Jim and Diane!

There was a women there who is getting a new machine for Christmas and of course I was happy to show off all of Janome’s fine features.

Happy stitching, Estelle

Gail Berkler

Congrats on your success

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014, Estelle Torpy emtorpy@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I just received my American Quilter mag and was delighted to know who did the sample quilt in the Janome ad. Congratulations Sarah!

I attended a quilting retreat this past weekend where my 15000 got quite a workout and passed with flying colors! Sewing for three solid days and into the night!
The lighting on that machine, the beautiful straight stitch, quilting with the fabulous walking feet and the ease of use made the sewing such a pleasure.
I took my iPad with Jim and Diane’s app in place of the owner’s manual. Thank you Jim and Diane!

There was a women there who is getting a new machine for Christmas and of course I was happy to show off all of Janome’s fine features.

Happy stitching, Estelle

joan12d

I admired this in the ad. It is so wonderful! Now I'm glad to know the story. Congratulations!

Parker Chiudioni

Sarah....congrats! I'm looking at it on the back of my AQ mag and it's gorgeous! Congrats girl!

Parker Chiudioni
Circle Sewing Studios
703-910-7516

Sent from my iPad

eque45@sbcglobal.net

Congratulations-it is beautiful!!

Carol M in TX

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 3:12 PM, "joan12d@... [janome12000]" wrote:

I admired this in the ad. It is so wonderful! Now I'm glad to know the story. Congratulations!

karenj33857@...

I have been following you for some time. Did with some of the other Janome websites for yahoo.
Love you on the new quilting arts TV show. 1400 series very good job.
Karen

J Fraker

Congratulations!  I just got my copy, so I'll look for it.  You have every right to be tickled.

[...]

Going off to walk the dog, then pet the back cover again Can you tell I’m tickled silly?

Cheers, Sarah

Check out my DVD: Art Quilt Design: From Photo to Threadwork
Author of bestseller ThreadWork Unraveled
website and blog: http://www.sarahannsmith.com/weblog
e-mail: sarah@...

Smith Sarah Ann <sarahannsmith@...>

Thank you all!

Cheers, Sarah

Check out my DVD: Art Quilt Design: From Photo to Threadwork
Author of bestseller ThreadWork Unraveled
website and blog: http://www.sarahannsmith.com/weblog
e-mail: sarah@...

cas <cas@...>

Congratulations Sarah, how exciting!!

I got to be featured on the Janome website after I was filmed at a 15000 event sponsered by the store shortly after they were released.  I was on the "first reactions to the new machine" video.

I guess I have been wanting one of these for a while!  I wish I could see when that film was made.

So I can really understand your thrill of your work going nationwide, it's great they are going to add your name to it.

:-)
Cindy