Changing machine speed

Kay Davis

I was stitching out a design from a USB stick this evening on my new 12000.  I couldn't change the stitching speed.   It was set on 400 spm and I wanted to increase it.  The plus and minus signs in the embroidery setting area for changing the speed were grayed out.  I stopped the machine, selected a built in design to see if that made a difference, but had the same results.  I also tried the slider bar on the front of the machine.  Again, no change in speed.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  TIA, Kay

Jim Stutsman

Tune off quiet mode in the Set screen.

Kay Davis

Thanks, Jim, that fixed it!  I would never have thought it would have an effect on machine speed.  Kay