hoop storage?

mdaniel@...

My 350E hoops fit easily in a drawer but these 12000 hoops fit no where.

Where do you store your hoops?

I had each of mine on a large suction cup attached to the window behind my machine but they kept falling down which was loud/scary and couldn't be good for the hoops.

TIA! Joyce in GA

HEATHER COWAN

I drilled some extra holes in my bookcases got some of those hangers that fit in the holes and have some extra shelves set close together.  They don't have to be heavy as they aren't carrying much weight.  I lay the hoops flat on the shelves.  I'm of the mind that they will warp if they hang .... especially if they are exposed to heat or sunshine.  I have an MB4 and have stored those hoops this way and they are five years old and doing very well.  I think the hard part is taking them off-site to classes or workshops.  They do fit in a small suitcase but .... yikes .... it does take up space.

heather

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:26:02 AM
Subject: [janome12000] hoop storage?

I had each of mine on a large suction cup attached to the window behind my machine but they kept falling down which was loud/scary and couldn't be good for the hoops.

TIA! Joyce in GA

Anne Stoye

I keep my hoops in their original cardboard box under a spare bed.

Anne

jsoren@...

Mine are hanging on a pegboard.

---In janome12000@..., <mdaniel@...> wrote :

TIA! Joyce in GA

Janice Morris

I have mine hanging on the wall next to my machine with Command hooks. They have stayed up for several months and the plastic templates are right with them.

Vikki Youngmeyer

I bought a roll-around see thru Sterilite plastic storage container from Wal-Mart, and store all the hoops and a couple of rolls of stabilizer in it. I store the container under the twin bed in my sewing room. I have the bed on 7” risers and there is enough room to store the container with have the embroidery unit on top of it. As it’s on wheels, I can roll it out easily and roll it back whenever I need it.

If I have to take my 12000 anywhere for a class and need the hoops, the container is light enough and small enough that I can pick it up and put it in the back hatch of my Kia.

Vikki

Houston, TX

vicki chrobak

I hang mine on a pegboard.
-- 
Vicki Jo (aka VJo)
T-Town Woman

On 7/20/2014 1:26 PM, mdaniel@... [janome12000] wrote:

TIA! Joyce in GA

MIKE

Hi,I saw either on this site or may have been on the viking gems site, a lady had used a file cart or tall veg trolley . She made individual bags to attach to the trolley using velcro and then each hoop went into a bag . Cann't remember if each bag was a different size,  which would make life easier for getting them out. Its on my list of to does , but haven't got there yet . 

Regards Barbara

Lucy Akers

I have a tall plastic container meant for Christmas wrap storage. The hoops plus bolts of stabilizer fit in there.

Kaye Lessard

I bought a kitchen trash can and that is where I store my 15000's hoops
Kaye in la

Sent from my iPad

juliadlf.ny@...

I also store mine in the original box they came in with the plastic sleeve they came in and just take out what hoop I plan to work with. The box sits under my worktable and out of the way. I stored the Acufil hoop also in its original box.

Julia
NY-MC12000

Janet

I hang mine on the wall with hooks. That way I can get to the one I need without hassle

Janet

Benny Malone

I hang mine on an over-the-door 5-hook rack. Cheap, simple, accessible. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2014, at 11:04 AM, "Janet krjanetl@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

I hang mine on the wall with hooks. That way I can get to the one I need without hassle

Janet

marsha.ryan@...

I made a hoop hanger like the one from Jim & Dianne's 11K hoop holder. Just made the pouches larger to fit the 12K/15K hoops.

Maybe Jim can point the way to that project for you!
Marsha 

Assuming hunting dog posture, Jim point here.

marsha.ryan@...

This link points to the foot organizer, I forget where the hoop organizer was.......Marsha

Nursing his broken pointer finger, Jim says:
You are absolutely right. That project was in one of our Online Sewing issues, which are no longer available. I will see if I can extract it and put it up when I get some free time. If only I were retired - oh wait - I am! Where's all the free time I was promised???

J Fraker

That might be the best idea so far!

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] hoop storage?

I hang mine on an over-the-door 5-hook rack. Cheap, simple, accessible. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2014, at 11:04 AM, "Janet krjanetl@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

Janet

J Fraker

Jim, I love your wit.

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 3:53 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: hoop storage?

I made a hoop hanger like the one from Jim Dianne's 11K hoop holder. Just made the pouches larger to fit the 12K/15K hoops.

Maybe Jim can point the way to that project for you!
Marsha 

Assuming hunting dog posture, Jim point here.

Vikki Youngmeyer

As for the “free time”, you got sucked into the internet! That’s my explanation – YMMV!

Vikki

Houston, TX

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 5:46 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: hoop storage?

This link points to the foot organizer, I forget where the hoop organizer was.......Marsha

Nursing his broken pointer finger, Jim says:

You are absolutely right. That project was in one of our Online Sewing issues, which are no longer available. I will see if I can extract it and put it up when I get some free time. If only I were retired - oh wait - I am! Where's all the free time I was promised???

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4716 / Virus Database: 3986/7897 - Release Date: 07/21/14

cmgazerro@...

Jim,

It is in Spring 2012 issue.

Carolyn

Tony Coley

[Fortunate enough to have a wall full of heavy pegboard

On Monday, July 21, 2014 11:26 PM, "cmgazerro@... [janome12000]" wrote:

Jim,

It is in Spring 2012 issue.