RE18 Hoop

Terry

Wondering if anyone knows anything about the RE18 hoop that the AcuEdit app updated with?
Do you think that is a 5x7?

Sent from my iPad

Terry

It is a 140x180mm

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 28, 2014, at 2:50 PM, Sew Terrific <lifesastitch82@...> wrote:

Wondering if anyone knows anything about the RE18 hoop that the AcuEdit app updated with?
Do you think that is a 5x7?

Sent from my iPad

Sue Sweet

I would say that it’s the closest confirmation the 5 x 7 hoop we have been waiting for is on it’s way . Hooray !
Sue

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 4:20 AM
Subject: [janome12000] RE18 Hoop

Wondering if anyone knows anything about the RE18 hoop that the AcuEdit app updated with?
Do you think that is a 5x7?

Sent from my iPad

Sue Sweet

I have just looked on the Janome Global site and there are updates for Horizon Link Suite, MC15000 and Digitizer V4.5 relating to the RE18 hoop. I desperately hope they support this for the 12000 too !
Sue

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 4:20 AM

Wondering if anyone knows anything about the RE18 hoop that the AcuEdit app updated with?
Do you think that is a 5x7?

Sent from my iPad

Judy Jackson <judy.j282@...>

I too have seen the updates but I have yet to find the RE18 for sale. Does anyone know if it is for sale in the UK? Thanks

Sent from my iPad

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 4:20 AM

Wondering if anyone knows anything about the RE18 hoop that the AcuEdit app updated with?
Do you think that is a 5x7?

Sent from my iPad

juliadlf.ny@...

Sue: I agree and hope they do it for the 12000 too. I've heard mention they wouldn't. Lets wait and see.

Julia
NY-MC12000

cnystul in Mn.

Question for Jim...do you know anything about this RE18 hoop? Please, please say that its the new 5x7...make us happy!

Cathy Nystul

Like a Labrador Retriever, Jim wants only to make you happy, so he says:
You must remember that I am now a "civilian" with no ties to Janome other than undying loyalty, so I don't find out anything any sooner than you do. However I *may* be able to get confirmation on this hoop today, and will publish what I learn as soon as I find out. Stay tuned!

sewbad54 <no_reply@...>

What I have found out is the RE 18 hoop is 140mm x 180mm .
Not sure which machines it will fit, But I think only for the 15000

Lou Ann

I thought the hoops for the 12000 and 15000 were interchangeable.  Is that incorrect??

Struggling to avoid being incorrect, Jim says:
The hoops are interchangeable. However each machine has built into its memory what hoops it can use. If they don't do an update for the 12000 to add the RE18 hoop, then the machine won't recognize it and any designs digitized for that hoop will be opened in the next larger one that the machine does recognize.

Mary Ann

It would be great to have a 5x7 for the 12k.  Can someone tell me when the .jef+ format  is use?  I just upgraded from the 10k to the 12k so thought the plus was for large stitch count designs but it is used on the 12k.  Thanks

Jim+ responds:

The JEF+ format is used only within the machine. It started with the 11000 in order to allow the user to undo editing changes. Some 3rd party conversion program vendors mistakenly thought that JEF+ was needed to create designs for larger hoops, and as a result some designers sell larger designs only in JEF+ format. The only time you will ever create a JEF+ design is if you save a design from your machine to a USB stick or download a design that has been saved in the machine. You will also see JEF+ designs when using the optional AcuFil software, as that format saves the information related to your quilt.

Mary Ann

Thanks Jim

[...]

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Jim,
Would it be a problem if the machine thought you were using a larger hoop as long as the design fit into the hoop you were using?

Jim says:
It's not a problem, but it comes back to why we've been begging for a 5 x 7 hoop. You can always do a 5 x 7 design in an 8 x 8 hoop, but you need more fabric and more stabilizer than you should have to have. You can also get into trouble if you do a design in a large hoop, then open a design that fits the hoop that you've told the machine to use. If you forget to actually change the hoop you can sew into it. Trust me, that's not pretty and it's usually expensive!

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Thank you!  I'll be very careful!
Ceil

---In janome12000@..., <no_reply@...> wrote :

Jim,
Would it be a problem if the machine thought you were using a larger hoop as long as the design fit into the hoop you were using?

Jim says:
It's not a problem, but it comes back to why we've been begging for a 5 x 7 hoop. You can always do a 5 x 7 design in an 8 x 8 hoop, but you need more fabric and more stabilizer than you should have to have. You can also get into trouble if you do a design in a large hoop, then open a design that fits the hoop that you've told the machine to use. If you forget to actually change the hoop you can sew into it. Trust me, that's not pretty and it's usually expensive!

Vikki Youngmeyer

If the hoops are interchangeable between the 12000 and the 15000 and all that was required in addition to the hoops is an update to the software – why would Janome only opt to update the software for the 15000 and not the 12000? If that is indeed the case, I see the dinosaur forecast in the 12000’s future!

Vikki Youngmeyer

Houston, TX

Jim Stutsman

I think it's way too soon to be faulting Janome for not updating the 12000 software. Their development resources are not unlimited, and they are probably working on the 12000 now. We must try to be patient!

JoAnn Novak

  I know that is what Viking did with the SE when they brought out the Diamond.

  That is why I purchased the 15000.  The older one just gets set by the wayside.  I just have a hard time
   believing they brought out the 15000 with out some of the smaller hoops.  I do not like the larger hoops
   can not get them to hold the stabilizer taut.  Joann

If the hoops are interchangeable between the 12000 and the 15000 and all that was required in addition to the hoops is an update to the software – why would Janome only opt to update the software for the 15000 and not the 12000? If that is indeed the case, I see the dinosaur forecast in the 12000’s future!

Vikki Youngmeyer

Houston, TX

JoAnn Novak

  This is the new one coming out 5x7.  Am I correct??   JoAnn

On 6/29/2014 11:30 AM, sewbad54 wrote:

What I have found out is the RE 18 hoop is 140mm x 180mm .

Not sure which machines it will fit, But I think only for the 15000

Coming out of his cave, Jim says:
Yes, the RE18 is 5 x 7. There is an update for the 15000 to recognize it. It should also fit the 12000 and I expect an update for that as well.

bellecon3

Yes and that really upsets me as I bought the 12000 just before the 15000 came out.  I got a good deal on it and just can't afford to get the 'very best' next thing that comes out.  I am making payments on my 12000 as it is.........oh well.   I hope they do upgrade the 12000 and will try to be patient as Jim advises but it is not my best skill LOL

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM, 'Vikki Youngmeyer' vikkiy@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

If the hoops are interchangeable between the 12000 and the 15000 and all that was required in addition to the hoops is an update to the software – why would Janome only opt to update the software for the 15000 and not the 12000? If that is indeed the case, I see the dinosaur forecast in the 12000’s future!

Vikki Youngmeyer

Houston, TX

vicki chrobak

Vikki, If I have understood Jim correctly in the past, Janome usually gives only 1 update per machine.  Which, if true, is certainly detrimental to their reputation, in my book--despite the quality of their machines.  Another company's machine I use gives update for at least 3 to 5 years & sometimes more.
--
Vicki Jo (aka VJo)
T-Town Woman

Speaking from the past, Jim says:
In this case updating the 12000 gives Janome another set of customers for the RE18 hoop. I don't imagine they will pass that up.

vicki chrobak

That would be marvelous Jim.  Thank you!  While I have made my own adaption for a 5 x 7 it would be preferable to not have the extra steps.