embroidery stop needle position

erna_wooloowin

is there any way that you can get the needle to stay in the fabric when you stop the embroidery stitch out? and I don't mean just stopping it, the needle comes up automatically and then physically push the needle down button. Is there a setting that I can change so my needle stays in the fabric when I stop the machine?

Thanks very much for your help. Regards Bernadette

Completely baffled, Jim says:
Uh, why would you want to do that? You can't remove the hoop that way or re-thread. There is no function on the machine for stopping needle down during embroidery, only in ordinary sewing.

erna_wooloowin

Well Jim when I stop the embroidery machine whilst it stitches out and I restart the machine I get a tiny  little loop for the next stitch (which really annoys me) and I thought if the needle can stay in the embroidery than I won't get that little loop. Do you have any other suggestions to solve this little loopy issue? By the way I do have the 12000.

Kind regards
Bernadette

Feeling loopy, Jim says:
You have a couple of options. You can turn on the One-stitch Stop, which will allow you to pull up the bobbin on the next color and then cut both threads after a few stitches. You could also turn off the cut option, which will prevent thread tails on the back.

Virginia

I love my one stitch stop.  It prevents nesting on the underneath and isn't that what we love about the Janome.  The bottom is just as beautiful  as the top.

Virginia

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Virginia,
I am a little dense at times so could you explain what this does and when you use it?
Thanks,
Ceil

Susan Militello <suemili48@...>

I understand what you mean and I've found if I tug the thread from the top and take up that tiny bit of slack in the top thread, I don't get the loop.

On Jun 13, 2014 8:02 PM, "bmhvanbreemen@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

is there any way that you can get the needle to stay in the fabric when you stop the embroidery stitch out? and I don't mean just stopping it, the needle comes up automatically and then physically push the needle down button. Is there a setting that I can change so my needle stays in the fabric when I stop the machine?

Thanks very much for your help. Regards Bernadette

Completely baffled, Jim says:
Uh, why would you want to do that? You can't remove the hoop that way or re-thread. There is no function on the machine for stopping needle down during embroidery, only in ordinary sewing.

erna_wooloowin

Hi Susan

That is exactly what I have been doing in order to avoid the little loop. I was just hoping that there was something else that I could have done. Thanks for your reply. Regards Bernadette