From: "suen47@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...>
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 8:59 AM
Subject: [janome12000] connecting my 15000 and iPad

I'm not able to connect my 15000 to my wireless router.  I have followed directions to a tee and the connection failed.  My iPad is all set up and I used the same wireless number and the security password to set that up but my machine says connection failed.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  Can someone help?

Feeling frustrated.

Jumping into his "Captain Frustration Fighter" suit, Jim says:
There is a pretty good tutorial on setting up the wireless option here. If you've already gone through these steps it's very possible that your machine is too far from the wireless router to get a usable signal. Try temporarily moving the machine to the room where the router is. If it works there, then the problem is signal strength and you may need to get a wireless extender. The antenna in the machine is not as big as the one used in the iPad and laptops, which limits the distance it can connect from.

Carolyn Gazerro <cmgazerro@...>

My problem was that I did not clear the queue.  Double click iPad open button and slide desktop up.  There was one page showing Acumonitor.  Slide up to remove page.  After that the machine and IPad were in sync and I was able to use the App to view the design being sewn.

Carolyn
Sent from my iPad

On Jun 13, 2014, at 9:59 AM, "suen47@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Susan

I had the same problem...and I ended up having to get a new machine...and then another new machine because the second one didn't work either.  The third new one worked.

Susan

On 06/13/2014 06:59 AM, suen47@... [janome12000] wrote:

[...]

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

My problem turned out to be that I had typed my password as the Janome gave the letters, in all caps and finally realized that I needed lower case letters.  This is the only device that typed in caps so I hadn't paid attention to that detail.

Gail Berkler

You state that there is a place that you can go to receive instructions to connecting the IPad to the 15000.  I, too, am having problems connecting the two and the instructions in the manual are not there that I see.  Please let me know where I can go to for advice.
Thank you,
Gail

Searching for his place in the world, Jim says:
We have a step-by-step document in the Files section that you can download. There's also a fairly good tutorial here. If you have the machine and iPad both connected to the same wireless network, but they won't connect to each other, try double-tapping the HOME button on the iPad. That should show all of the running apps on the screen. Find the AcuEdit and/or AcuMonitor apps and swipe up to close them. Then open them again. If you are using iOS 6 tap the red X in the app icon instead of swiping up. If you are still having trouble give us some more information as to what the problem is.

suen47@...

Jim,  I found your tutorial and followed it.  That's why it's so frustrating.  I thought for sure it would work. The machine is about 10 ft away from my router and I called Verizon and the security passcode is correct.  All my other devices have connected with out any problem.  Am I missing something or could it be the machine.

Thanks,  Sue

From a lot more than 10 ft away, Jim says:
Are you getting the "Connection to network failed" error? Does it get to the point of asking you to enter the passcode? If not the WiFi hardware in the machine may not be working. If it does get there and your passcode has lower case letters in it, you need to touch the a/A key to change the case of the keyboard. Otherwise the code will be all upper case and will fail.

suen47@...

Jim,  I am getting the "connection to network failed" error. Yes, it does get to the point of asking for the passcode.  I checked with Verizon for that very reason thinking that the letter was lower case, but it wasn't.  He said I had the passcode correct.

Wishing for FIOS, Jim says:
It's my understanding that for FIOS you need to have a Verizon router, and I've heard that this can cause issues with some devices. If the router shows up in the search results then it should be on a compatible frequency, but there may be some sort of Verizon weirdness that is preventing connection. They are notorious for proprietary branding of their devices. What I would suggest is taking the machine to another location that does not have FIOS, like a neighbor or your dealer. Try to connect. If that fails then the WiFi board in the machine may need to be replaced. If it works then you might need to connect an access point to one of the wired ports on the Verizon router in order to create something that the machine can connect to.

suen47@...

Thank you, Jim.  I'll take a ride to my dealer tomorrow.