Topics

Has anyone used "Creative Feet"

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Sorry, hit return instead of tab.
I'm taking a Craftsy course and the teacher highly recommends Creative Feet.  I checked their website and contacted them to see if the feet would fit on the 15000.  They said,
"Yes. You'll remove your machines snap on adapter and replace it with ours. The B adapter and you can attach older model Janome Feet onto your machine with it too."
This would be great if it works as I have a lot of older Janome feet.  But I'd like to know if anyone here has had experience with these feet before I buy them.  I'm mostly interested in the couching foot.
Thanks.
Ceil

Claire Schutz

Ceil, I have them also and was trying some feet.  The only thing is that the 15K is 9mm so be careful with zigzag sts.  Didn't get very far with my experiment, sorry.  Have used them on my Pfaff as well and the Janome 11K, no problems with any of them.  Claire S.

On 4/28/2014 3:47 PM, ceilsews wrote:

Sorry, hit return instead of tab.
I'm taking a Craftsy course and the teacher highly recommends Creative Feet.  I checked their website and contacted them to see if the feet would fit on the 15000.  They said,
"Yes. You'll remove your machines snap on adapter and replace it with ours. The B adapter and you can attach older model Janome Feet onto your machine with it too."
This would be great if it works as I have a lot of older Janome feet.  But I'd like to know if anyone here has had experience with these feet before I buy them.  I'm mostly interested in the couching foot.
Thanks.
Ceil

oddduck25

Didn't Janome just come out with a couching foot for the newer machines?

Jumping off the couch, Jim replies:
Yes they did. The free motion couching foot set (Part #202110006) fits 9mm machines and 7mm high shank machines.

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

I read this, less than favorable review of the foot so hadn't considered it: http://freemotionquiltingadventures.blogspot.com/2013/03/janome-free-motion-couching-foot-review_20.html

Jim Stutsman

In the interest of fairness, here's another video on that foot. It points out how to overcome the issues brought up in the aforementioned video.

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Thank you!  That video explains how to use the foot better than anything I've seen!  I'd rather stick with Janome feet but thought their foot didn't work well because of the review.  It looks like the trick is to feed the yarn from the back unless it's very thin.

Claire Schutz

Jim, can't open this video.  Also, having a 15K, should I wait for the new foot book or is the current one enough?  Looked thru your site and saw about the newsletters but wondered about the DVD's.  Will there be any for the 15?  Needless to say I am confused about which to order, for the 12 or 15?  Thanks, Claire S.

On 4/29/2014 6:19 PM, jim.stutsman@... wrote:

In the interest of fairness, here's another video on that foot. It points out how to overcome the issues brought up in the aforementioned video.

Jim Stutsman

Initially I hosted the video on my DropBox account, but so many people accessed it that DropBox disabled my public site. I've moved it to a different server and it is working again.

We are currently working on videos for the 15000, though we've been delayed a bit. Today was a no-work day due to a new roof going on after the hail storm on the 4th. If you have a 15000 don't order the 12000 videos. The 15000 videos are all new, for that machine only.

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Is there another link to the site?  Is this video different from those on the Janome site?  As a fairly new member here, I'm not sure what dropbox and these videos are.

Jim says:
There is one and only one link: http://www.onlinesewing.net/fmc-demo.php
It's not like any video on the Janome site, it's not on DropBox, you don't need to know anything about DropBox to view it, and it you aren't curious about the Free Motion Couching foot you don't need to view it at all. Some old browsers (I'm looking at you Windows XP!) may not be able to view it. If that's the case I'm sorry, but I've already spent more time on this video than I expected to and it's time to stick a fork in it because it's done!

Claire Schutz

Thanks Jim about the DVDs, will wait.  As for the video, sorry still can't open, when you moved it to different server did the link change?   Claire S.

Jim says:
The link did not change. It connects to the server indirectly through my server, so I could move it without changing the link. If you can't open it the problem could be your browser or your ISP. In particular, if you are on a satellite link you probably won't be able to view it at all.

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Jim says:
It opens for me and many others, so it could be your firewall/antivirus or your ISP. This is the reason we did not put the 12000 videos on the web. Too many computers cannot access them. This video is high resolution and your ISP may not allow the bandwidth. We are paying for it to be hosted on Amazon and we pay for the bandwidth used every time it is shown. When I get time I will see about putting up a lower quality version on YouTube.

joylaytor

I got the video to work on Google Chrome, but not Windows Explorer, so try Chrome.
Joy

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Don't understand why it won't open now as I saw it originally.  Cleaned out my computer and rebooted.  We have fiber-optic cable... if it worked once, and won't open again....?

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Thanks, Joy.
It works on Chrome but not when I tried my usual, Firefox.
Chrome seems very similar to Firefox now and I may continue to use it as, if I remember correctly, Craftsy works better on it too.

autumn_jubilee

Hello,

Will Foot Book ever be available for Android?

Pretty please,  Jim : )

Heather

Sighing deeply, Jim says:
Imagine that the only way to do embroidery was to do it free-motion on a straight stitch treadle machine. That's the Android development system compared to Apple iOS. Most app development companies have dedicated Android and iOS developers. It's very difficult for one person to do both, and those developers that do work on both platforms prefer iOS because the tools are so much better.

Then there's the question of which Android. There are 6 different versions of Android, and the latest work on less than 15% of the devices. And that's not counting Amazon Kindle, which is different from all the others. One of my app clients who is trying to find an Android developer has been told that at the very best their Android app will work on 80% of the devices.

Finally there is the issue of virus. Some 97% of malware is on Android devices. Of the malware on iOS devices, the only infections have been on "jailbroken" devices that have been modified by their owners to bypass Apple's internal security.

So to answer your question, no FootBook will not be available for Android. Janome seems to agree, having chosen the iPad for the 15000.